GDT: [Game #13] Dallas Stars @ Winnipeg Jets – 2:00 PM CT (BSSW)

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
Since my desk chair has arms I feel qualified in saying that I'd probably go ahead and flip-flop Dadonov/Robertson to see if Duchene's great-looking start could rub off on him before we punish him for not showing up with more not playing.

f5Q3khI.jpg

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Those last 5 minutes really didn't need to happen like that. Most of the game they looked very good but that shitty powerplay with 9 minutes left completely killed all momentum in a way that could've lost them the game

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Alright time to change the top 9.

Need to get Robo going with Johnston or Duchene.

Dadonov-Hintz-Pavelski
Robo-Duchene-Seguin
Benn-Johnston-Marchment

Would that work? I don't want to punish Johnston by giving him Mush but I'm not sure where to hide him.

Reactions: insomniaddict

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Alright time to change the top 9.

Need to get Robo going with Johnston or Duchene.

Dadonov-Hintz-Pavelski
Robo-Duchene-Seguin
Benn-Johnston-Marchment

Would that work? I don't want to punish Johnston by giving him Mush but I'm not sure where to hide him.

I don't see a reason to split up the current Duchene line tbh they've been solid. Only place where Marchment seems semi-useful too. If it wasn't for his dumb penalties I don't think we'd be super down on him so far this season

Reactions: Kipper 17

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
Ya Duch has gotten March and Seguin going for the first time in years, you dont mess that up.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I do feel that the top line is just too slow though and teams are showing Robertson a little extra attention, especially when he looks to shoot. Pavelski & Robertson both look slower this year. Only Hintz can be relied on to move the puck anywhere quickly on that line and it's painfully obvious with how they always look to drop pass to him

They'll probably turn things around I'm sure, especially once the top PP starts clicking, but for now that's the most obvious issue that stands out to me.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Only change I'd consider is flip the top 2 centres, see if that can spark some chemistry

Robertson-Johnston-Pavelski
Benn-Hintz-Dadonov
Marchment-Duchene-Seguin

One underrated aspect to start the Stars season would be that after tomorrow would have played 9 out of 14 on the road. (With a great record)

If Dallas can win tomorrow and be 10-3-1 with a road heavy schedule to start is a good sign. Even 9-4-1 is very good with the road slate.

Let's hope Jake is on his top level game tomorrow and we smash the wild

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Quite the impressive record we have without our PP or top line going the way we know they can.

Changes need to be made to snap Robo out of this. He looks sooooooooo hesitant to shoot.

Swap Robo and Benn or swap Hintz and Wyatt. Got to try something.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't think the first line is a problem 5on5 . The first powerplay on the other hand unit is a massive problem

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
I do feel that the top line is just too slow though and teams are showing Robertson a little extra attention, especially when he looks to shoot. Pavelski & Robertson both look slower this year. Only Hintz can be relied on to move the puck anywhere quickly on that line and it's painfully obvious with how they always look to drop pass to him

They'll probably turn things around I'm sure, especially once the top PP starts clicking, but for now that's the most obvious issue that stands out to me.

I didn't want to say it but yeah Pavelski looks painfully slow. I know it's sacrilege to talk bad about Pavs but I think he looks worse than about anyone in the top 9.

Okay keep Duchene line together because he's got his mates going. Maybe just flip Daddy and Robo a few times a game or Hintz and Johnston just to give those lines a different look.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Winnipeg is a good team. Good teams are always gonna get chances and do what they can to make it interesting. Gutsy win.

I liked the effort for the most part. Marchment has got to stop with the unnecessary penalties.

I thought all of our defense (except of course Suter!!!) looked good. Wedgewood seems to thrive the more he gets shelled, and him stealing wins on the road is huge.

PKers are playing Robertson a lot more tightly this year, tonight was a prime example. He doesn't have any room to shoot and his release needs too much time and space to be really effective.

Regardless, the top line is still doing well enough. They lead our forwards in points. There is definitely another gear for them, and this team could be frightening if Robo/Hintz start scoring like last year while Johnston and Duchene maintain their dominant play-driving results so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad