GDT: Game 12: Wild @ Islanders - 6:30 PM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I didn't like the top line tonight, and Rossi had 0 shots. I wonder what Dean will do against the Rangers.
Top line a #@$!ing mess for most of 9-10 games.....treading water in the standings.

New lines more evenly balanced in 2.5 games....first back to back wins of the season.

Sure, let's go back to the old lines that didn't work.

wtf-why.gif

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
3 of the 4 goals tonight came from the bottom six guys, the one that didn't was a typical Kap-Zucc goal.

But I think Boldy and Rossi should play together, with MaJo as their mentor. So I'd try this, it actually looks pretty good and balanced imo...

Kaprizov-Hartman-Zuccarello
Johansson-Rossi-Boldy
Foligno-Eriksson Ek-Maroon
Duhaime-Dewar-Lettieri

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I didn't like the top line tonight, and Rossi had 0 shots. I wonder what Dean will do against the Rangers.
I am assuming you consider the Zucc line the first line? That line was the only one tonight that didn't dominate the eye test and stat test.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
3 of the 4 goals tonight came from the bottom six guys, the one that didn't was a typical Kap-Zucc goal.

But I think Boldy and Rossi should play together, with MaJo as their mentor. So I'd try this, it actually looks pretty good and balanced imo...

Johansson-Rossi-Boldy
Duhaime-Dewar-Lettieri

Remember when you told me this like a week ago

I don't care where they put Mats.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota

Johansson-Rossi-Boldy
Duhaime-Dewar-Lettieri
One goal from those two guys ON THE FREAKING POWERPLAY, and you immediately want to glue their butt cheeks back together again on the top line? You want to go right back to what wasn't working all because Rossi had zero shots in one freaking game...even though he was strong in other areas. Nevermind that Zucc and Kap were feeding off of eachothers bad habits for weeks, which was apparently just fine for you, but God forbid, Rossi doesn't get a shot tonight. Demote him!!!!

I truly thought it was sarcasm. Still not entirely convinced its not... because its my sort of dry humor that I would do.
It has to be sarcasm, because it doesn't make sense.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Remember when you told me this like a week ago

Forget about me and him, that's not why I suggest this. But it certainly looks like Kaprizov is more effective playing with him, and that's the important thing.

It is truly unreal. I've learned to just stop responding to it.
It's called a discussion, and it's okay if you disagree. It's just what I think is best for the team.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Forget about me and him, that's not why I suggest this. But it certainly looks like Kaprizov is more effective playing with him, and that's the important thing.

This you while they were together?

Should by happy with one point. Concerned about Kaprizov.
I'll take a point per game...

More worried about Kaprizov right now.
I disagree. Kirill has, according to Russo and stats, been his own worst enemy.

What about Kirill did you like when he was with Zuccarello for the first ~10 games?

Reactions: NHL1674

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN

It's called a discussion, and it's okay if you disagree. It's just what I think is best for the team.
I would say the two wins in a row is the important thing but thats just me.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

Johansson-Rossi-Boldy
Duhaime-Dewar-Lettieri
I actually agree with these line combinations but I wouldn’t make changes just yet

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
One goal from those two guys ON THE FREAKING POWERPLAY, and you immediately want to glue their butt cheeks back together again on the top line? You want to go right back to what wasn't working all because Rossi had zero shots in one freaking game...even though he was strong in other areas. Nevermind that Zucc and Kap were feeding off of eachothers bad habits for weeks, which was apparently just fine for you, but God forbid, Rossi doesn't get a shot tonight. Demote him!!!!

It has to be sarcasm, because it doesn't make sense.
It’s amazing. Not even a bad game and they think the leash is that short. The bias for Zucc is so real and the audacity to claim they think putting that stale duo back together right now, after 2 freaking games apart in which they are 2-0-0, is what is best for the team… Just mind numbing stuff.

Zucc’s pass wasn’t some otherworldly thing. He literally does that same pass every single time they are on the ice together. Most of the time it’s intercepted and going the other way. It’s what made the duo stale. Too easy to predict.

Even after saying that…

Let’s also just ignore that Hartman and Zucc mesh well with Johansson and they get to take advantage of second tier defenders. You’d think the Zucc lover would like that he gets to take advantage of weaker opposition.

Reactions: NHL1674

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I actually agree with these line combinations but I wouldn’t make changes just yet
I'm actually fine with any line combos that don't have Rossi playing with two oafs.

Maroon has 2+7 in 12 games. Good player.
Mirage. I am happy for him, and happy for us, but he's a 35 yo that will probably top out at 25 pts, this year. Definitely a bargain the way he is playing, and an improvement over Reaves, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad