GDT: Game 12: Wild @ Islanders - 6:30 PM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
New 3 game road trip, need to come back with more than 1 point this time.
No lineup changes, coach said.

Kaprizov - Rossi - Boldy
Johansson - Hartman - Zuccarello
Foligno -Eriksson Ek -Maroon
Duhaime - Dewar - Lettieri

Brodin - Faber
Middleton - Mermis
Hunt - Addison

Fleury

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I’d like to see

Johansson Ek Hartman
Foligno Dewer Zucc

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Hope the boys can keep it rolling tonight, these lines are fun when they play like they have been.

Except Middleton-Mermis, is that really confirmed? They were split all last game except one shift.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Didn’t Johansson-Hartman-Zucc have like 90% xGF% last game?
Not sure which "advanced stats" I should be looking at but every stat out there had Zuccarello and Johansson nearing the top of the team in production. I know he leaves a bad taste in the mouth but I honestly think it's just byproduct of being forced in a brother role to Kaprizov that just doesn't fit.

Now, with Johansson, a simple straightforward speedy forward who doesn't have Kaprizov's upside but just plays a more direct dumbed down game ... Zuccarello has no one encourage his bad habits. There is no "playing catch". Vice versa with Kaprizov.

As long as he is kept playing a more secondary role (2nd/3rd line + 2nd PP), I think he'll turn out fine. Just keep him away from Kaprizov.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Not sure which "advanced stats" I should be looking at but every stat out there had Zuccarello and Johansson nearing the top of the team in production. I know he leaves a bad taste in the mouth but I honestly think it's just byproduct of being forced in a brother role to Kaprizov that just doesn't fit.

Now, with Johansson, a simple straightforward speedy forward who doesn't have Kaprizov's upside but just plays a more direct dumbed down game ... Zuccarello has no one encourage his bad habits. There is no "playing catch". Vice versa with Kaprizov.

As long as he is kept playing a more secondary role (2nd/3rd line + 2nd PP), I think he'll turn out fine. Just keep him away from Kaprizov.

My second biggest problem with Zuccarello has been the persistent forcing into a premier spot in the lineup over players who are better than him. Fiala, Boldy, whoever it may have been at any time. It was okay the first couple of years when he was still good and it allowed Fiala to provide secondary scoring from down the lineup (although what wasn't fine is that Fiala was the only secondary scoring down the lineup), but as of last year and the beginning of this year when he clearly wasn't that caliber of player anymore, continuing to force it is what left a bad taste in my mouth.

Now that he's moved down the lineup and off the PP1, Zuccarello himself is not an issue anymore. We have lines that make sense for the most part. The better players are all on line 1, the secondary offense is line 2, so forth.

So I'm 100% in agreement with you.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
It's all about Kaprizov. Hopefully he picks up his game, but if he continues to struggle a bit then I'm pretty sure we'll see him back with Zucc, same thing if Boldy doesn't have success up there. This road trip will be important, should give us some answers.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
I'm not the biggest Spurgeon fan, but he's better than anything on the mediocre 2nd & 3rd pairings. Hopefully comes back and gets Addison or whatever the current worst option is back to camping out in the press box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad