GDT: Game 12: Seattle Kraken @ Minnesota Wild - 5:00pm PDT

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Really, that is as close as you can get to the perfect road game. Somebody check the Wild for a pulse, though.

Reactions: The Marquis

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Pinch yourself. At the moment we are tied for 4th most points in the league.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
ahem (sarcasm alert) naysayers: but wright just did nothing on the ice!! nothing!!! Fire the coach and send Wright back to OHL!!!!!!

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
ahem (sarcasm alert) naysayers: but wright just did nothing on the ice!! nothing!!! Fire the coach and send Wright back to OHL!!!!!!
Lmfao. Lukan shall appear from under the earth whilst playing marry f*** kill about the NHL 3 stars and shall declare Wright the heir to all underlying statistics! It is said!

• Haha
Reactions: Irie

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Lmfao. Lukan shall appear from under the earth whilst playing marry f*** kill about the NHL 3 stars and shall declare Wright the heir to all underlying statistics! It is said!

Well i figured i would get ahead of the naysayers with that! figure they probably complain about something.

Reactions: The Marquis

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest

I think you may need to look up the word sarcasm.... Wright was the weakest link on the ice tonight.

No one here has been saying Wright is bad or the wrong pick, everyone just wants him to get more icetime and develop to the most of his potential.

That game was the quietest Tanev game I think he has ever had playing as a Kraken, and there was a really big drop off on the sustained pressure with the Gourde line replacing McCann with Wright. (That is not a knock on Wright, just that he is only 18 and he is not currently one of the top 12 skaters on this team).

If the goal is to ice the best team this season, and the team is healthy, Wright is sitting.

So what is the plan for Wright? play him every fifth game? He had obvious nerves tonight, flubbing the puck and fanning on wide open shots. That is a direct side-effect of sitting.

The kid had exceptional status in major junior, we are hoping he becomes a league star. You believe playing 13 minutes in 5 games is great. Power to you. I strongly disagree.

I'd still prefer he return to Junior and light up the league and work on his offensive timing to develop that next step as a dominant offensive force, but if Hakstol will give him 12+ minutes a night, it won't be the end of the world. But he can't be sitting 4 straight again.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I think you may need to look up the word sarcasm.... Wright was the weakest link on the ice tonight.

No one here has been saying Wright is bad or the wrong pick, everyone just wants him to get more icetime and develop to the most of his potential.

That game was the quietest Tanev game I think he has ever had playing as a Kraken, and there was a really big drop off on the sustained pressure with the Gourde line replacing McCann with Wright. (That is not a knock on Wright, just that he is only 18 and he is not currently one of the top 12 skaters on this team).

If the goal is to ice the best team this season, and the team is healthy, Wright is sitting.

So what is the plan for Wright? play him every fifth game? He had obvious nerves tonight, flubbing the puck and fanning on wide open shots. That is a direct side-effect of sitting.

The kid had exceptional status in major junior, we are hoping he becomes a league star. You believe playing 13 minutes in 5 games is great. Power to you. I strongly disagree.

I'd still prefer he return to Junior and light up the league and work on his offensive timing to develop that next step as a dominant offensive force, but if Hakstol will give him 12+ minutes a night, it won't be the end of the world. But he can't be sitting 4 straight again.

i think you missed the point i was making. THere was always going to be someone that find something to complain about wright regardless of how much ice time he got. I was making a joke.

Seriously ease off on Wright... Ice time isn't given like you want it to be its earned... Wright has an opportunity to see if he has earned more time especially once McCann returns.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Dudes and chicks… Daniel Sprong is over a point per game.

It's not just the points, he is playing heads up and reading the ice well. Skills were never an issue with Sprong, it was his ability to create chemistry with his team mates and be in the right location.

Something clicked this offseason, and he is reading the ice so much better. Going to space, slowing down the play, and taking advantage of what defenses are giving him.

Might just be that he is finally comfortable at the NHL stage. I've seen it before where guys get nerves and go through games with tunnel vision, but are completely different players in practices and scrimmages. Takes some prospects years to oversome the NHL pressure factor.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
i think you missed the point i was making. THere was always going to be someone that find something to complain about wright regardless of how much ice time he got.

Seriously lay off on Wright... Ice time isn't given like you want it to be its earned...

Usually, yes, Ice time is earned, and Wright has not earned his icetime. Was he better than Kuhlman tonight? I don't think so. He definitely was not better than McCann.

But Wright is hopefully the future of this team, and he has to play to develop. We all want the best version of Shane Wright going forward, regardless of what our opinions are of how he should be developed. Personally, even if Kuhlman gives the team a better chance to win, I would rather see Wright get the icetime. This is a case where I think Hakstol has to make an exception, unless Francis returns him.

I have seriously been one of if not the biggest Francis defenders on these boards and the main boards, but this Wright situation that he painted himself into a corner with is not ideal.

Reactions: kihei

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
It's not just the points, he is playing heads up and reading the ice well. Skills were never an issue with Sprong, it was his ability to create chemistry with his team mates and be in the right location.

Something clicked this offseason, and he is reading the ice so much better. Going to space, slowing down the play, and taking advantage of what defenses are giving him.

Might just be that he is finally comfortable at the NHL stage. I've seen it before where guys get nerves and go through games with tunnel vision, but are completely different players in practices and scrimmages. Takes some prospects years to oversome the NHL pressure factor.
That’s exactly what I’m saying. Dude has evolved.

Reactions: Irie

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Must i remind people we are not experts in judging player development and or whether such and such player deserves more or less than another player. I trust the team to be able to make those decisions.

If Jim Benning or Mike Milbury were GM of the Kraken, I am pretty sure you would be saying the same thing, "I trust the GM to know what is best for the team".... :sarcasm:

A lot of good GMs make horrible decisions. A lot of good coaches are really poor development coaches, and vice versa.

It is ok to have an informed opinion that goes against what an organization does, and this forum is for entertainment purposes only, and we are all allowed to voice our thoughts and opinions - I sometimes think you forget that fact ;)

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
Solid game both offensively and defensively. A total team effort.

I will say this though, something's wrong with Minnesota. They are a shadow of the team they were last year. I smell a coach firing sooner than later.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Three wins in a row and Jones with a shutout. :clap:
Jones has also saved 53 out of 54 during the last two games and looked very good.

Overall a pretty good defensive effort by the team and now we're off to Pittsburgh to finish that three game road trip.

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
Have we ever won 3 in a row? I don't remember what our best streak is.
I think I heard this was the 2nd time they won 3 in a row, the other was last year and 3 Wins in a row was/is their longest streak.

Jones has also saved 53 out of 54 during the last two games and looked very good.

Overall a pretty good defensive effort by the team and now we're off to Pittsburgh to finish that three game road trip.
I was at the Pens game last Saturday and Jones was a brick wall stopping everything.

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area

Pens are struggling too. Might be a good time to be playing them again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad