Not open for further replies.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
large.png
@
large.png

(4-4-2 | 10 pts | 6th Metro)____(5-2-4 | 14 pts | 2nd Pacific)

Where: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
When: 7:00pm PST
Where to watch: Sportsnet Vancouver, TSN 1040​

Your Vancouver Canucks

GiiWbTx.png

+ They've Got a Boo-Boo +
ambulance2.gif

lEudIAW.png

----------

Philadelphia Flyers

B9j22H0.png

----------

:nucks GO CANUCKS GO:nucks

Last edited by a moderator:

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
This will be McCann's 10th game and Virtanen's 9th game. (if they are in the line-up)

I think that burning a year off the ELC at 10 games is less of an issue than burning off a year of UFA eligibility at around the 40 game mark.

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
Surprised that people think Higgins is more useful being waived than being on the team. Solid defensively, good grinding game that can complement nearly any of our players. No doubt had a poor year last year offensively, but I'd much prefer him than Dorsett at the very least. I could see him benefiting Horvat, Sutter, or McCann easily. Not sure how this is even a question or concern.

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
Seems like a completely random thing to bring into the GDT.

Should of kept it to the thread it was being discussed..imo.

It was being discussed in the previous PGT, but it got locked when this one was made, so I figured to continue the discussion here. Just noticed it got re-opened though, so the mods can move it if they'd like.

P.S. It's "should have" not "should of". :thumbu:

JA

Thought this was New Yrs Eve tradition gm. ..
Gotta go check the schedule to see who it is this yr...

There's no New Year's Eve game this season. We have a New Year's Day game against the Anaheim Ducks instead.

IKEA

May 31, 2010
SE
If we blow a two goal lead in the third, well I would not be too happy.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
don't mind mccann playing

who cares about the elc

but would like to see him develop in juniors if he falters later

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
If McCann plays, he can't go back to Junior. He is too young to go to the A. He has to stay with Vancouver or be loaned to the National team. I wouldn't be surprised, either way. There is a strong argument to be made for letting him mature a bit physically. This league hands out concussions like candy.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
He can go back to junior, but they'll have eaten a year of his elc

I agree with what LoL said earlier - if he's ready, keep him up, but if he isn't, then send him down even if he struggles after the 9 game mark.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
Surprised that people think Higgins is more useful being waived than being on the team. Solid defensively, good grinding game that can complement nearly any of our players. No doubt had a poor year last year offensively, but I'd much prefer him than Dorsett at the very least. I could see him benefiting Horvat, Sutter, or McCann easily. Not sure how this is even a question or concern.

People are dumb. Query answered.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009

This.

brokenhole

Aug 12, 2015
Love it when the Nucks and Flyers play, always an entertaining high tempo game.

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013
Didn't know so many people held Higgins so dear. He's a lesser version of Hansen. If you can trade him to make sure the kids have a place to play, you do it.

He's been a great bottom 6 guy for us, but let's not pretend he's some kind of cornerstone piece to this team.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
If McCann plays, he can't go back to Junior. He is too young to go to the A. He has to stay with Vancouver or be loaned to the National team. I wouldn't be surprised, either way. There is a strong argument to be made for letting him mature a bit physically. This league hands out concussions like candy.

That's false..
McCann/Virtanen can be sent to Jr. at any time this season, (but can't come back to the Canucks til the end of their Jr. Seasons.
The 9 game mark and 39 game mark only matter for contract purposes.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Didn't know so many people held Higgins so dear. He's a lesser version of Hansen. If you can trade him to make sure the kids have a place to play, you do it.

He's been a great bottom 6 guy for us, but let's not pretend he's some kind of cornerstone piece to this team.
People hold Hansen in high regard, more than Higgins.

That said, I'd get rid of Higgins to make room for the young guys if I thought they were all NHL caliber. However, Baertschi hasn't been good, and I don't think Virtanen's ready, personally.

Currently, I like McCann, Gaunce, at some point Kenins (and hopefully Shinkaruk shows something on a callup) on the team over Higgins/Baertschi/Prust/Dorsett. I'd keep Hansen on the team, though-- he helps the young guys who are on the team more than just about anyone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad