GDT: Game 12: Coyotes @ Blues 7PM CST BSMW

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
2 movies same screen with some of you guys. A lack of effort was not the issue -- it was a lack of execution. Pucks were bouncing all over the place and they were sloppy BUT they gave a great effort despite the soul-sucking PP.
I was actually in the building and saw things you can’t always see on TV. There was plenty of lack of execution, but lazy passes, extended shifts where there have been opportunities to get off the ice and not moving your feet are absolutely lack of effort.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
I was actually in the building and saw things you can’t always see on TV. There was plenty of lack of execution, but lazy passes, extended shifts where there have been opportunities to get off the ice and not moving your feet are absolutely lack of effort.
You gotta lower your expectations dude. It’s a very mediocre team on paper.

Reactions: TheDizee

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
I had to double-check the title to make sure that post was re: last night's game. I didn't see a lack of effort, I saw a slower team that's just not very good.

All in all though, I don't know how anyone can sit here and be too disappointed for how they've played thus far given the lineup we roll out there every night. I also think given the start, firing the head coach isn't worth consideration. If Berube turns this crew into a playoff team, he's more than qualified to stay behind the bench, issues be damned, while we add more talent over the next couple offseasons.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
In that 5 on 3 the three Yotes defenders could have all sat down on the ice and watched the Blues fumble around with the puck on the perimeter. They could have played cards and still been safe from a scoring attempt. I can’t ever remember watching a worse 5 on 3 attempt.
It certainly ranks up there with some of the ones the Blues had during their multiyear 5on3 scoring drought a few years back. This franchise seems to be historically cursed to forever be inept at 5on3

Reactions: Hrkac Circus

finnishflash13

Oct 28, 2020
We’re giving Krug one of the game stars now to boost his trade value?

I don’t hate it. Nothing else has worked to this point.
is it his trade value or is it him not waiving his NTC...he had trade value this summer so that's not it.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
is it his trade value or is it him not waiving his NTC...he had trade value this summer so that's not it.
Did he have trade value? We don't know if he was a positive or negative asset in the Philly trade. We were rumored to be offering a 1st + to move Krug for sanheim. And Philly wanted to move Sanheim before his NTC kicked in as they are rebuilding, and didn't want the tail end of that deal.

Nobody else would take Krug besides Philly, at least that he'd want to waive to. Otherwise a deal would have been done.
Rumor was that Philly was willing to retain or pay if needed to make the deal work. So it's probably both he has zero to negative trade value and he won't waive to a rebuilding team that may be willing to take him for an asset.

Reactions: Blueston

Cotton McKnight

He left, get over it!
Feb 6, 2009
Siloam Springs
Nice to beat the Yotes and bother the hell out of them at the same time. This team will have to continue grinding it out this season.

Would like to see the PP convert, but maybe the PP is already on the tank-train!

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
In that 5 on 3 the three Yotes defenders could have all sat down on the ice and watched the Blues fumble around with the puck on the perimeter. They could have played cards and still been safe from a scoring attempt. I can’t ever remember watching a worse 5 on 3 attempt.
It was honestly remarkable how much the PP struggled last night. Watching the game with my girlfriend, at one point she turned to me and asked in a serious tone, “do they practice the power play?” :laugh:

Something has to give and they’ll luck their way into a PP goal at some point…but wow is confidence low right now. I’m not sure if promoting Perunovich to the top PP is the move, but I’m fine letting it play out for a bit. Would really like to get Vrana in a shooting position on the top PP.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I just hope that this game can be the last straw for the PP units as constructed.

Vrana is currently tied for 2nd on the team in PP shots despite being 10th on the team in PP time. He has 7 shots through 20:33 of PP time. Thomas has 8 shots in 37:51 of PP time, Krug has 7 shots through 35:10 of PP time, while Schenn and Kyrou each have 4 shots with 34:19 and 36:21 of PP time. As a team, we are 28th in shots per 60 on the PP and we have scored 1 PP goal through 35 attempts.

I know it sounds insane, but maybe a potential solution to a PP that can't generate shots would be to actually put your best shot generator onto the ice.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills watching the coaching staff trot out clearly bad PP configurations night after night.

Buch/Schenn

Kyrou Thomas Vrana

Krug

We haven't seen that configuration once through 12 games. How on Earth have we not seen a configuration with our two best one-timer options on each flank a single time while our PP is putting up a historically bad performance?

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Sad but true.

I just hope that this game can be the last straw for the PP units as constructed.

Vrana is currently tied for 2nd on the team in PP shots despite being 10th on the team in PP time. He has 7 shots through 20:33 of PP time. Thomas has 8 shots in 37:51 of PP time, Krug has 7 shots through 35:10 of PP time, while Schenn and Kyrou each have 4 shots with 34:19 and 36:21 of PP time. As a team, we are 28th in shots per 60 on the PP and we have scored 1 PP goal through 35 attempts.

I know it sounds insane, but maybe a potential solution to a PP that can't generate shots would be to actually put your best shot generator onto the ice.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills watching the coaching staff trot out clearly bad PP configurations night after night.

Buch/Schenn

Kyrou Thomas Vrana

Krug

We haven't seen that configuration once through 12 games. How on Earth have we not seen a configuration with our two best one-timer options on each flank a single time while our PP is putting up a historically bad performance?
I couldn't agree anymore with your proposed setup. How is that not the obvious PP1?

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Frankly, I’m enjoying the level of ineptitude displayed with the man advantage. I hope the PA guy starts playing Yakety Sax for the full two minutes from now on. It’s comical how lost the club looks on the Power-play.
Sports are supposed to be entertainment, and I for one am fully entertained by them all going Mr. Bean on special teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad