GDT: Game 12 | Columbus @ Florida | 7 PM EST

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I hope the embarrassment of the first 10 minutes prompts some changes in the way the Jackets play defense.

I'm honestly not sure what the issue is. There are several clubs trying out the box plus one or other zone defense variants, trying to emulate Boston and Vegas.

1) Are our players just not capable of it?

2) Have they not been taught properly?

3) Need more time to master it?

4) Are they playing too deep into it? It looks really extreme to me. It looks more passive than a PK.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I'm honestly not sure what the issue is. There are several clubs trying out the box plus one or other zone defense variants, trying to emulate Boston and Vegas.

1) Are our players just not capable of it?

2) Have they not been taught properly?

3) Need more time to master it?

4) Are they playing too deep into it? It looks really extreme to me. It looks more passive than a PK.
Totally passive in the last five minutes

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
This team has no idea what it's doing in OT. Part of it is missing Laine but Jenner should be out for the draw and that's it. Go with Fantilli, Chinakhov, Werenski, players with speed and skill. It's not defense, it's who scores first.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
We lost but I ain’t even mad. The effort was there
I probably should feel that way but I don‘t. We fought back and had that game won and then couldn’t hold it - again. I’m pissed right now.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
This team has no idea what it's doing in OT. Part of it is missing Laine but Jenner should be out for the draw and that's it. Go with Fantilli, Chinakhov, Werenski, players with speed and skill. It's not defense, it's who scores first.
He was. He got tossed out of the circle, then subbed out while the Panthers were setting up in their own end.

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
He was. He got tossed out of the circle, then subbed out while the Panthers were setting up in their own end.
He was right back out there for the goal against. I realize this team has like 4 skill guys but Fantilli should always be out there to start OT. Fantilli and Gaudreau are the two best forwards for OT

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
He was right back out there for the goal against. I realize this team has like 4 skill guys but Fantilli should always be out there to start OT. Fantilli and Gaudreau are the two best forwards for OT
Having Boqvist available instead of Bean could have helped as well.

Reactions: Napoli

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

When you don't have the puck it is 100% defense. And when you lose the draw you don't have the puck.

Fantilli was at fault in one of our previous OTLs. OT defensive positioning has to be learned.

If we have the puck though, I'd love to see Fantilli out there. Same with Gaudreau, Marchenko, etc...

I'm in general agreement that we need to get our young talent out there when we have the puck. No need to put Boone back out after we have it.

Reactions: thebus88

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
When you don't have the puck it is 100% defense. And when you lose the draw you don't have the puck.
Yes, it was a general comment that the team needs to go for the win with guys who give you the best chance to score a goal as we seem to concede no matter who is out there.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Tbh I think out 4th like get to many mins. How is Fantilli only getting 14 mins ?

The 4th line was simply better. Definitely our best line tonight.

Fantilli, Marchenko, and Voronkov had an amazing shift in the third though when they started banging bodies. They need to do that more.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
I will admit that I didn’t watch the game but looking at the comments I am somewhat optimistic that they came back to lead but lost in OT
it seems like the team is going through some growing pains

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad