GDT: Game 12: Arizona Sons of Skyrim @ Philadelphia MILK DRINKERS | 4:00 p.m. PDT | FS-A

What would you do?

• Pay fine ($2500)

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Go to penalty box

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Resist arrest

Votes: 13 65.0%

• Total voters

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
It seems more like a size thing to me. Clendening and Duclair are nowhere near as physical as Schenn and Cousins (not to mention that both played within the Flyers' system). Of course, I hope Keller survives this bout.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
upload_2017-10-30_11-36-35.png

The new era begins :sarcasm:

Reactions: Lady Macbeth

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Goals in 2 of the last 3 games for Duclair. As many goals on the season as Stepan and Domi combined.

This isn't last year, he's playing hard for the most part. Why not let him play top 6 minutes?

Reactions: CC96 and Yandover

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Somebody has to light a fire under Duclair's tush. Great hockey player from the neck down. Maybe Schenn has to take him by the neck and shove him up against a locker.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
So...let's find out whether all those losses were about the goaltenders or not...I'm sceptical but we'll see...:)

Reactions: doaner

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Hello I just saw something extremely disturbing on twitter. Why is Zac Rinaldo playing in your top 9?

He's actually been a positive force in every game he's played in. Surprisingly.

EDIT: Also we've lost 11 straight games and one away from breaking a 50+ year old losing record, so we just gonna keep tryin shit.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Duclair will be scratched. He had a bad game, that I get. I can't help but view this player as singled-out. Every time he has a bad game, he pays the price. Which is fine, but I don't see nearly as heavy handed approach with his peers. This is two unique coaching staffs now. Similarly, when he has a good game and is dangerous, he doesn't seem to get promoted. He had his bad game playing with scrubs. He was on that line despite having some pretty good games where he generated chances.

I can't figure it out. It's clearly his fault as Tippett and Brown obviously saw it the same way Tocchet and MacLean now do. So it's not the coaches, it's the player. I just don't get it though. Yes he is inconsistent. Yes he can be pretty bad. Yes he deserves to be held accountable. I don't see why he has to be held MORE accountable than anyone else. I don't see why he seemingly goes unrewarded when he does he right things. His peers seem to get to move up the line up when they're game elevates. Why not him?

What's the story? Is he an asshole? Does he dog it in practice? Mopey? Big mouth? What? What gives?

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
He's actually been a positive force in every game he's played in. Surprisingly.

EDIT: Also we've lost 11 straight games and one away from breaking a 50+ year old losing record, so we just gonna keep tryin ****.
Certainly surprising. I'll keep an eye out for him tonight.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
What's the story? Is he an *******? Does he dog it in practice? Mopey? Big mouth? What? What gives?

I think our biggest problem here is that we aren't privy to what goes on with the team except during the games on the ice, so we're missing a big chunk of context.

I mean, if I were a coach, watching Duke play last game it wouldn't have mattered if he had the team lead in goals, I'd still have scratched him the next game. Why? Because on a team that is trying like hell just to win a friggin' game, Duke was out there skating like he was mentally counting the size of his bank account. He was totally checked out. Doesn't matter why - when everyone else is busting their asses trying to break the cycle of failure, he was lollygagging.

Now, as for why he's not in the top six, I can't give you a good answer for that. There's no getting around the fact that he has three goals, and while three goals in 11 games is not blue chip material whatsoever, on this team it's top-echelon :laugh: - so I figure it's got to be pretty bad if he's our best secondary scorer (in theory) and they're still willing to sink him on the depth chart.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
Why? Because on a team that is trying like hell just to win a friggin' game, Duke was out there skating like he was mentally counting the size of his bank account. He was totally checked out. Doesn't matter why - when everyone else is busting their asses trying to break the cycle of failure, he was lollygagging.

quote-my-mind-on-my-money-my-money-on-my-mind-snoop-dogg-67-44-09.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad