GDT: Game #12 - 11.04.14 - vs Los Angeles - 7:30 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I don't know what we need, but we need something. This is abysmal. Nill sitting on his hands on defense is proving to be a disaster.

MetalGodAOD*

Okay, I'm convinced we're a worse team then last year. This team has nothing. No defense, no scoring. Nothing.

Absolutely. But it's not even personnel, it's culture and attitude. Not enough killer instinct, too much confidence in their ability to score.

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Gonchar is awful.

Am I alone in thinking that KConn is better than Gonchar, Oleksiak, and possibly Jordie? I'm nervous every time Gonchar and Oleksiak are on the ice the same way I used to get nervous every time Woywitka was on the ice.

Bradyyy93

Jun 14, 2014
Our D core in my opinion

Goligoski wasnt terrible but wasnt very good either
Daley was solid and is easily our best Dman
Jordie was a complete mess worst Ive ever seen him
Dillon was ok was put in awkward spots by turnovers/Jordie
Gonchar/Oleksiak by far our best pairing tonight albeit playing very sheltered minutes

Our 1st line was garbage
2nd line a little less garbage
3rd line one of there better games of the season
4th line very solid had good zone time

If our best players arent our best players we cant beat top teams

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Gonchar is awful.

Am I alone in thinking that KConn is better than Gonchar, Oleksiak, and possibly Jordie? I'm nervous every time Gonchar and Oleksiak are on the ice the same way I used to get nervous every time Woywitka was on the ice.
Yes. KConn isn't the answer to any problem. He's not an NHL player, and playing him will not improve any facet of the team.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
I can't name a skater who isn't struggling. This happens with young teams.

Did I blink every time Jordie made a mistake or something? He hasn't been great by any means but there are so many more players deserving of bashing.

Bradyyy93

Jun 14, 2014
Gonchar is awful.

What did Gonchar/Oleksiak do wrong today?

KiedisA

Feb 27, 2010
This was winnable tonight but Quick held them in the game when it could had been 2,3-0 us early.. The big guys didn't click on the PP but somehow it was Nuke who played the brightest 5vs5...

The worst thing is the GWG was scored by annoying tosspot.. oh and the refs were a disgrace

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I can't name a skater who isn't struggling. This happens with young teams.

Did I blink every time Jordie made a mistake or something? He hasn't been great by any means but there are so many more players deserving of bashing.

You must have, because he made a LOT of them.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
What's the excuse for Hemsky and Cole then?

Hemsky is trying to find out how he fits into a new team. He knows he's struggling so he's trying to get the puck off his stick as quickly as possible. When he's at his best his patience and stickhandling give his teammates space. I don't think Ruff is familiar enough with his game to get him pointed in the right direction. Maybe Hemsky just doesn't feel right so he's deferring to his teammates.

Cole has always been a player that skates too fast for his hands to keep up. A younger, sharper Cole was pretty effective. Now he's only useful in short bursts.

Bradyyy93

Jun 14, 2014
Gonchar made a poor decision that led to the 3rd goal. Oleksiak had a pretty solid game.

I think the 3rd goal was on Nuke for focusing on getting up ice instead of controlling the puck, I actually think Gonchar made a nice play under pressure and Nuke botched it

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
This was winnable tonight but Quick held them in the game when it could had been 2,3-0 us early.. The big guys didn't click on the PP but somehow it was Nuke who played the brightest 5vs5...

The worst thing is the GWG was scored by annoying tosspot.. oh and the refs were a disgrace
Nuke had a few good shifts, but he was terrible as the game went on

The Kings also could have scored five more. Kari had one of his better games against a lot of pressure in his own end.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Kari really was exceptional tonight. This was the old Kari. Stars could've been blown out.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I don't know what we need, but we need something. This is abysmal. Nill sitting on his hands on defense is proving to be a disaster.

Same old song and dance, almost as if Nieuwy never left. At least as far as the blueline is concerned. Too reliant on the new crop and an obviously ill-fated belief that they can make a solid impact as full time NHLers. It's very clearly not working, and hasn't for years. No idea why they keep trying to push a square peg through a round hole. :facepalm:

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
The highlight of the night was seeing KConn sitting with Raptor Jesus in the press box. Everything else was terrible. Kari was also a bright spot but he can't win games alone when the team sucks in front of him.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Same old song and dance, almost as if Nieuwy never left. At least as far as the blueline is concerned. Too reliant on the new crop and an obviously ill-fated belief that they can make a solid impact as full time NHLers. It's very clearly not working, and hasn't for years. No idea why they keep trying to push a square peg through a round hole. :facepalm:
To be fair, even the "reported" deal to add a d-man was met with near universal outrage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad