GDT: Game 11: Sharks vs. Penguins 7:00pm NBCSCA

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
I gave up my season tickets after years of having them. One of the final straws was that family owned STHs where being replaced by corporate STHs all around me. Common courtesy went downhill because of this.

Google, Apple employees constantly get up and go out during the middle of plays. They didn't care. Who in the heck wears their corporate badges at a Sharks game?

I got to see the latest Pixel and iPhones though. There was a constant activity of talking selfies and pictures with their friends, detached from the game.
I can relate. I had season tickets for 26 years, was an original STH. gave them up a few years ago for this reason, in addition to the rising costs for a declining product. They made selling tickets in the resale market nearly impossible and it just wasnt worth the stress anymore of trying to sell or find people to take my tickets for games I couldn't attend.

I'll always love this team, but I don't regret even a little bit giving those tickets up.

I gave up mine this year mainly because the economy is in the toilet and I just don't have the disposable income to be blowing money on things like that right now. Plus I didn't appreciate the Sharks undercutting STHs that were trying to sell games they couldn't attend by selling them below the allowable limit we could sell them for.

I'll still go to games but I'd much rather spend $12 a ticket on the resale market, hell I could get lower bowl tickets for most games for the $32 I was spending on the seats I had.
This as well. You basically stated the same reason I gave above. That for me was the final straw. It just felt so dirty of them to do that to us. Why am I going to put down thousands of dollars up front for tickets when I can't even get close to recouping my money on games I cant attend because you undercut me? I much prefer now going to games when I can without the added stress of an entire season.

Reactions: stator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad