GDT: Game #11: Jets vs Coyotes - 1:00pm (AZ) - Scripps

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
I know that Bear said that the team was not tired, twice in fact. He lied. He lost a lot of the respect that I had for him. I was there and it was clear that the team was gassed. They were slow to the pucks, They backed off from hits on the boards, and the players, by and large, were totally gassed at the end of short shifts.

I don't put a lot of importance into this game, but in the previous 2-3 games the first line was a nonfactor.
I’m sure he knew they were tired, but he isn’t going to use that as an excuse, especially publicly to the media…it shows weakness. The mentality and expectation is that every team is dealing with issues of some kind and you have to push through whatever it is. In a back room one on one conversation I’m sure he would admit the boys were a little out of gas…

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I know that Bear said that the team was not tired, twice in fact. He lied. He lost a lot of the respect that I had for him. I was there and it was clear that the team was gassed. They were slow to the pucks, They backed off from hits on the boards, and the players, by and large, were totally gassed at the end of short shifts.

I don't put a lot of importance into this game, but in the previous 2-3 games the first line was a nonfactor.
The first line is not producing five on five. Half their points come from the PP. McBain I believe has more five on five pts. than anyone on the team, playing fourth line and fourth line minutes. That should not happen. Our first line has to produce five on five, simple as that.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
What would you do? Just to let you know our fourth line has more EVP than our first line, with the first line getting almost half of their points on the PP. The problem Bear has is that the other three lines are playing pretty damn good, besides the last game, so really, what can he do? We all knew our D was going to be suspect this year, it is what it is, and of course it's a problem. Our first line has to do better even strength, but that is real hard when your C can't seem to do much.
What would I do? Be patient, Hayton and that line will start getting points, which again is n't our biggest problem. I am glad our other lines are at or above expectations.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

cobra427

May 6, 2012

I have not been in the camp of Bear being jack Adams like many around here, I think the verdict is still out, but I do think he is doing a good job, we are getting better. Is that because of a young roster naturally getting better? Or does bear have a magic wand? Or some of both?

So now our coach is a lier because you think they were tired and he said they were not. I agree with Bear, he could have said we were tired. Keep in mind, these are 25 year old world class athletes in tip top shape, we have a very young team and its really early in the season. I don't think they were tired, thats not why we lost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad