GDT: Game 11 | Columbus @ Washington | 7 PM EST

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Which is why I pointed out the offensive mind. I feel he and other coaches judge players differently. But to be fair to Vincent tonight having a near 10mil guy having a night like tonight is a good moment to send a message to the team. Benching Kuraly sends a message to a player, benching Johnny sends a message to a team
I feel like that message has been sent already with KJ going down and Robinson getting waived. But you do you, pazzy. It probably wouldn’t have mattered anyway.

Reactions: Halfboard

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I feel like that message has been sent already with KJ going down and Robinson getting waived. But you do you, pazzy. It probably wouldn’t have mattered anyway.
I dont understand how scratching kids or a 4th liner is the same message as benching your superstar. Time will tell if it has an effect but the players will not be oblivious to what happened

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I would be more understanding and okay with benching Gaudreau if Kuraly was benched too.

You cant say it’s all merit based when Kuraly was turnover machine and unable to make a positive play yet kept getting thrown over the boards

I know that would be essentially benching an entire line but Pascal has had no issue doing that before so I don’t see the big deal.

Seems like sending a message just to send a message. Not sure if Gaudreau would have made a difference or not but I think the coach put the team in a bad situation by taking him off the ice.

I think they were in a better position with Gaudreau on the bench in this one. He really didn't have it. Not his night.

Kuraly didn't play much in the third anyways.

This was just a coach putting out the guys who were going. Just like with Torts. I think Pascal has a good eye for who is contributing.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Texier: 11 games 0+0, -6.
He doesn’t seem like the same guy from preseason. Not seeing the puck hound mentality on him.

Might be time to sit for a game. But I do want to stress the fourth line was ass tonight and it was because of Kuraly.

Also just as importantly, the plus minus stat is useless.

Reactions: majormajor

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I think they were in a better position with Gaudreau on the bench in this one. He really didn't have it. Not his night.

This was just a coach putting out the guys who were going. Just like with Torts. I think Pascal has a good eye for who is contributing.
He didn’t have it but I still think the team is better with him on the ice.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada

Outside of the PP...

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana

As far as all of the benchings, scratches, and send downs go… Vincent is in a tough position. He wasn’t the first choice HC, and he’s following Larsen who let many bad habits fester. Not to mention Vincent was a member of that staff that didn’t hold players accountable.

He has to show that those things aren’t going to fly anymore, and do it quickly and harshly, if management expects to be closer to the playoffs this year. It reminds me of a middle school principal I had. He came in as the new guy and in the very beginning of his time, he made it very clear that he was a hardass. As the couple of years went on, he softened, but he wanted to make his expectations clear as quickly as he could.

I feel like that’s what’s going on here with Vincent. He knows what individual guys can do, he knows what he can expect from them in terms of work ethic. And it shows that vets aren’t immune from the accountability, like they were under Larsen and even sometimes Torts. I like that he’s doing this, and I think that as time goes on it won’t be as extreme. It’s just early, hardcore expectation setting.

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
We signed Johnny to be the guy and drive play not to ride shotgun. I’d agree he would be helped by a goal scoring RW and it’s where Ros may need to switch with Marchenko or Bemstron….though I like Marchenko with Voronkov for the time being.
Yes but he's also playing stone hands Jenner who hasnt been good. I dont blame Jenner, he's not a 1C, The whole team has a lot of guys playing in positions that they shouldn't be. The struggles are to be expected.

The Roslovic experiment needs to revert. Bring Tex back or put Chinny on his line. Dude was flying as expected. Roslovic on the other hand is back to being ineffective even though he hasnt played bad. He's at his best when you expect nothing from him. Throw him on the 4th line and let him give that 4th line more pop.

Pazzy has the impossible job creating offense for a team that has zero experience, He's doing a great job with the hand he's been dealt but you have to think this game could have been forced to OT if we had a real Power play. Time to put Boq in for Bean and Z to never see a PP again, he's awful. The guy creates all of his offense 5v5 by himself. Having a dude rip floating wristers from the point on a PP is incredibly dumb and overall just ineffective. Say what you want about the rest of his game, he should never see a PP. The hell with how much money he makes.

Reactions: CBJx614

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Yes but he's also playing stone hands Jenner who hasnt been good. I dont blame Jenner, he's not a 1C, The whole team has a lot of guys playing in positions that they shouldn't be. The struggles are to be expected.

The Roslovic experiment needs to revert. Bring Tex back or put Chinny on his line. Dude was flying as expected. Roslovic on the other hand is back to being ineffective even though he hasnt played bad. He's at his best when you expect nothing from him. Throw him on the 4th line and let him give that 4th line more pop.

Pazzy has the impossible job creating offense for a team that has zero experience, He's doing a great job with the hand he's been dealt but you have to think this game could have been forced to OT if we had a real Power play. Time to put Boq in for Bean and Z to never see a PP again, he's awful. The guy creates all of his offense 5v5 by himself. Having a dude rip floating wristers from the point on a PP is incredibly dumb and overall just ineffective. Say what you want about the rest of his game, he should never see a PP. The hell with how much money he makes.

I think Jenner and Johnny click well. Jenner finishes fine, it's Johnny himself who hasn't been able to buy a goal, and now he's in his head about it. But swap Chinakhov for Roslovic, maybe Chinny can get them going.

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
I think Jenner and Johnny click well. Jenner finishes fine, it's Johnny himself who hasn't been able to buy a goal, and now he's in his head about it. But swap Chinakhov for Roslovic, maybe Chinny can get them going.
Johnny hasnt been great either. When there's no other star to focus on, Johnny becomes the number 1 guy to shut down. He needs to be better, skate harder and not be so afraid to get hit.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
We have several guys that are looking tired and need to rest for a game or two.

I'm looking at Texier who is looking slower by the minute. Bean has lost his jump. Jiricek had a nice assist today but was otherwise terrible. We have Olivier, Boqvist, Peeke, Blankenburg, and even Robinson all ready to go.

I'm really not happy that Jiricek is up here. Prospects need to be in a position to succeed. At least don't play him every game if he is looking tired. The learning doesn't happen without energy.

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH

good for pascal. a coach with accountability. refreshing.

We have several guys that are looking tired and need to rest for a game or two.

I'm looking at Texier who is looking slower by the minute. Bean has lost his jump. Jiricek had a nice assist today but was otherwise terrible. We have Olivier, Boqvist, Peeke, Blankenburg, and even Robinson all ready to go.

I'm really not happy that Jiricek is up here. Prospects need to be in a position to succeed. At least don't play him every game if he is looking tired. The learning doesn't happen without energy.

robinson is injured btw.

Reactions: Napoli

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Bean wasn't bad, except for the stupid penalties. Jenner is the ideal third line winger. Roslovic is a better winger, Bemstrom a fourth liner. I don't understand what's up with Texier. You can say about Kuraly - the puck is my enemy.

I honestly don't even know what the lines should be.

Elvis, and young lines were excellent.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Johnny hasnt been great either. When there's no other star to focus on, Johnny becomes the number 1 guy to shut down. He needs to be better, skate harder and not be so afraid to get hit.

Johnny is always afraid to get hit (otherwise his career would be long over) and to my eye he is skating hard. The legs are going. He's just handling the puck like a grenade, overthinking it. Or tonight maybe just not bringing his brain with him.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Johnny is always afraid to get hit (otherwise his career would be long over) and to my eye he is skating hard. The legs are going. He's just handling the puck like a grenade, overthinking it. Or tonight maybe just not bringing his brain with him.
I recall reading last year that his dad was sick
If so then that would be weighing on him and affecting his play
I wish him all the best

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Johnny has been the number 1 focus his entire career, nothing has changed here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad