GDT: Game 11 | Columbus @ Washington | 7 PM EST

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Man - I am excited to see that 2nd line. Fantilli can catch a pass, win face-offs, skate and finish.

Oh, I am sorry is that a dig on Sillinger? :sarcasm:
Silly didn't look too bad last game he just needs to find some consistency. Stop thinking so much and just let the game flow.

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Silly didn't look too bad last game he just needs to find some consistency. Stop thinking so much and just let the game flow.
I watched him shift after shift last game and he was not good in the faceoffs and muffed a lot of passes directly to his stick. Last his defensive play was very passive ( he stopped skating). Was he horrible - no, but that line was made by Voronkov and Marchenko. If it was Danforth, Fantilli or Texier, I feel the line would have been even more lethal. We shall see today with Fantilli centering the line.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Two kindergarden lines. Chinakhov said he had very good chemistry with Sillinger.
I am interesting when Laine will return. I hope in the next game. Or ať least against Dallas. Andersson is. :loony:

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Oh well, the infamous Russian three is no longer. Slinger now only has one Russian with him.

Washington seems like a pretty weak team and Backstrom essentially retired, I think we should be able to get points

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I watched him shift after shift last game and he was not good in the faceoffs and muffed a lot of passes directly to his stick. Last his defensive play was very passive ( he stopped skating). Was he horrible - no, but that line was made by Voronkov and Marchenko. If it was Danforth, Fantilli or Texier, I feel the line would have been even more lethal. We shall see today with Fantilli centering the line.
I am excited to see Fantilli centering those two

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Hopefully team approaches game with right attitude. Too many times through our history where we “play down” (not saying we are intrinsically better but Was no longer top team powerhouse) which just absolutely annoyed the hell outta me

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
You have to beat the teams below you in your standings...and the Caps are below us. Win the games you are supposed to win.

If Silly's going to play with Chinny and Bemmer, then he needs to simply dish pucks and crash the net looking for rebounds off of their shots.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I would also like to see some improvements to Fantilli’s defense. I feel like there’s been a lot of GA where he is just outside of the spot where he’d be able to make a good defensive play.

I agree on that. Fantilli should be really good defensively eventually, but right now he's a rookie and you can tell with the defensive coverage.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I agree on that. Fantilli should be really good defensively eventually, but right now he's a rookie and you can tell with the defensive coverage.
At least he seems to be close to where he’s supposed to be. It’s just rarely close enough to make the play. There’s a lot of replays of goals against where I notice he’s just a couple of strides away from being in a good position.

I’m not worried about it on a personal level for him, but it would definitely help the team win more games.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Elvis keeps us from going down within the first minute again. Got springed so need to get with the program early

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad