GDT: Game 11: Columbus vs. Anaheim | 10/27 6PM EDT

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I don't think it was a blatant headshot. That said, I hate this type of play. Reminds me of freakin' Dorsett. Game's tied 2-2 heading into 2nd intermission and he throws it away on a selfish hit.

Disagree.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I did like when Rimer and Davidge said look at the PPs. The Ducks are 1-5 and the Jackets have none. Davidge then goes, "yep, the ducks are playing the perfect game right now :sarcasm:."

I fixed his quote to help you understand

Last edited:

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Disagree.

Disagree all you want, the hit cost the Jackets a lot of momentum and put them down by a goal.

You can't do that in a tied game. If you're going to lay someone out, it's gotta be squeaky clean.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I think the Jackets played soft after the Dubi penalty. Should make the pacifists here happy. No chance for a penalty on the 2 or 3 "hits" I saw in the 3rd period.

Bob looked very ordinary tonight.

Arty looked good.

Dubi was good.

Joey continues to improve.

I'm going with blah and just try to forget this one.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Tough loss. This game went like a movie you thought was pretty decent but had some inexplicable, infuriating moments.

6-5 looks a lot better than 5-6 :/

Dednimnepo

Winning is the Fun
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus
I think the Jackets played soft after the Dubi penalty. Should make the pacifists here happy. No chance for a penalty on the 2 or 3 "hits" I saw in the 3rd period.

Bob looked very ordinary tonight.

Arty looked good.

Dubi was good.

Joey continues to improve.

I'm going with blah and just try to forget this one.

I concur. Blah.

What I like is even though we have breakdowns and mistakes we have less of them and we seem to be playing longer stretches of the game our way, rather than chasing the other team.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I am happy with how the team played, for the most part.

With the refs?

Jean-Baptiste_Emanuel_Zorg.jpg

I am... a little... disappointed.

deetman

Oct 31, 2009
Philadelphia
I've got a high quality slow mo here instead of GIFs... You be the judge. Can't get anything more than this as it is the GCL slow mo of an FS Ohio slow mo.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Back from the most frustrating outing of the season so far.

I'll take 3 of 4 on a homestand, but this one hurts.

That 2nd goal should never get by an NHL goalie, not to mention Bobrovsky. It just can't happen.

Refs Refs Refs rabble rabble...but really, it was infuriating, especially knowing the linesman made the call on Dubi (from Dubi's postgame interview). Never knew the linesmen had power to call game misconducts, thought they were responsible for offsides and icing and dropping pucks. Joke.

I'm never one to yell shoot but that powerplay at the end was atrocious. We pay Gaborik for his shot and he decides to pass across the slot? He who hesitates is lost.

Other than that, I thought we were decent tonight

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Oh, and there is no question in my mind that Dubi will be suspended. League is basing its suspensions more and more on consequence instead of intent every day. It's a sad state of affairs.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Sorry for my venting posts, one last thing. Our bad second period trend is getting old really quickly. Letting in goals on the first shift of the second period just has to stop. Sucks all the energy out of our team and the building.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Didn't get to watch any of the game, only heard some of it on the radio home from Cincinnati. Sucks, thought they had turned the corner.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Sorry for my venting posts, one last thing. Our bad second period trend is getting old really quickly. Letting in goals on the first shift of the second period just has to stop. Sucks all the energy out of our team and the building.

I thought we actually carried the play in the second, despite the shot count.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Oh, and there is no question in my mind that Dubi will be suspended. League is basing its suspensions more and more on consequence instead of intent every day. It's a sad state of affairs.

I've been a fan of suspending players for dangerous or injurious hits for a long time, and I'm not going to change that when one of our guys does it.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

The cynical ***** in me is in agreement with this, but I tend to keep telling her to shut the **** up and sit down in this sort of thing.

The way Rule 48 is written, I suspect this will turn out like the Backes "hit to the head" last year.

* * *​
I've been a fan of suspending players for dangerous or injurious hits for a long time, and I'm not going to change that when one of our guys does it.

As far as I'm concerned, if Dubi is suspended but Beauchemin isn't, that is a miscarriage of justice - and as much as I agree with this principle, I will not tolerate it being selectively applied. Not here.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
As far as I'm concerned, if Dubi is suspended but Beauchemin isn't, that is a miscarriage of justice - and as much as I agree with this principle, I will not tolerate it being selectively applied. Not here.

The sad part is that injury weighs so much into the equation. They need to remove outcome completely and just look at the hit itself. That's a stance I've held for a while now. If you want to remove dangerous hits, remove dangerous hits... not just the ones that result in an injury. It'd be like if someone hit you with their car and the cops said "It's a miracle that you aren't injured. Unfortunately for you, because of that miracle you won't be able to press charges."

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
If the Jackets miss the playoffs by a point or two, they might really lament the late 3rd period collapses against Montreal and Anaheim. Should have had a point at worst in both games, but instead got nothing. The refs weren't great tonight, but the Jackets didn't exactly help their cause with poor puck possession in the offensive zone - makes it hard to get calls.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Just saw the Dubinsky hit. Not an interference penalty, but he certainly does hit him in the head.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad