GDT: Game 11 | Columbus @ Colorado | 2 PM EST | Back to "really foundational stuff"

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Slightly depressing but semi-entertaining game. Which is a step up from where we’ve been the prior games coming into this.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Do we have that many bad defensemen or do we not have a competent system? I go back and forth and settling on both as the answer.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Do we have that many bad defensemen or do we not have a competent system? I go back and forth and settling on both as the answer.
I think the answer to this is always both. Torts would’ve made this defense lineup much better and if we had guys like McDonagh and Hedman on our team we would be competitive even with Larsen defensive game

Slightly depressing but semi-entertaining game. Which is a step up from where we’ve been the prior games coming into this.
Let’s enjoy the effort and the fact we are a game closer to a franchise altering player

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
I think the answer to this is always both. Torts would’ve made this defense lineup much better and if we had guys like McDonagh and Hedman on our team we would be competitive even with Larsen defensive game

Let’s enjoy the effort and the fact we are a game closer to a franchise altering player
Can anyone here tell us what that is? I’m not entirely sure myself; always seems like one guy is always floating free

Reactions: tunnelvision

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Back to the same old Jackets no push back. C’mon guys how about a forecheck and play the kid line

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Can anyone here tell us what that is? I’m not entirely sure myself; always seems like one guy is always floating free
This is where Jody, as color analyst, should be able to enlighten us by breaking this down for us. (Or the Hyphenator maybe).

Reactions: tunnelvision

Halberdier

May 14, 2016

It's mostly about the system.

There is some quality in D with Werenski, Gavrikov, Peeke, Blankenburg, Bean.

Also if the system is right, I guess also Gudbransson should be serviceable 3rd pair D.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Worst possible outcome Rantanen with hattrick puke. God i hate this game

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
It's mostly about the system.

There is some quality in D with Werenski, Gavrikov, Peeke, Blankenburg, Bean.

Also if the system is right, I guess also Gudbransson should be serviceable 3rd pair D.
Maybe I’m a harsh grader, but when I look at how our D Men look, I see a #2 (Z), two #4s (Gav, maybe Blanks) and the rest as 6-7s.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad