GDT: Game 11 | Columbus @ Colorado | 2 PM EST | Back to "really foundational stuff"

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021

Is he by any chance talking about the foundation that his mentor and former coach of this team built while he was here?? The foundational stuff that helped the Blue Jackets form into a WINNING hockey team?!

FIRE LARSEN!!

:sarcasm::thumbu:

Last edited:
Reactions: behemolari

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
The game is listed as 1pm on the CBJ schedule magnet... when did it get moved back an hour later? Am I going crazy?

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Finland has switched to daylight saving time one week earlier than the U.S./Columbus. That might explain 1 pm/2 pm issues. The game will start 20.00 / 8 PM local Finland time.

Gonna do a little sightseeing and then get ready for the game, can't wait! Fire up the cannon! (Hmm, that's gonna be interesting, hope it doesnt prevent us from scoring).

ColumbusTrill

Mar 15, 2021
1667569575029.png

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Hope this trips gives them the reset they needed to play good hockey again.....even if they lose, I just want them to be competitive.

I took the opportunity this week to watch several other games - especially last night, I just flicked between games - and it's amazing what good hockey looks like to watch. Crisp passing, aggressive forechecking, constant shots, consistently skating hard, etc, etc.....and don't get me started on the PP. Watching teams that aren't even rated highly were still threatening; getting set up quickly, pucks to the net, constant pressure withing the O zone and not repeatedly going back to their zone to chase the puck......

Ok.....positive thoughts. This break came at a good time for them.
Let's do it CBJ.

NotTooWideArena

May 20, 2021
I just hope the TV coverage shows us some quality footage of Tampere. Finland is a country I would love to visit.

My expectations for these games are extremely low but hope springs eternal! One shift at a time, guys, one shift at a time!

LoneFunyan

Proud of all the points
Nov 11, 2015
Lately when I see Roslovic's name on the roster, I die a little inside because he could be such an important player for the future, but it just feels like he is what he is.

Reactions: Forepar and CBJx614

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I have some major complaints with that lineup but at the same time I just hope they play well and relax a bit. I also hope the kid line doesn't get lost in the mix.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Laine should be flying, maybe get to see what his best looks like. So long as he is not a victim of trying to do too much or his teammates looking for him too often.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
I stayed right across the street from Nokia Arena Tampere back in May on business travel (Welcome to NATO, Finland ;-) ). Great town. I'll be back over there in about a year. The drive from Helsinki to Tampere reminds me of the drive from Cleveland to Columbus - Nothing but hills and farms.

Some thoughts:
1. Will Laine be a man possessed in front of his hometown team? His jersey was all over the place, he's a celebrity there.
2. I can totally see Korpi surprising everyone and playing well tomorrow.
3. Colorado is phenomenal. Hopefully our players will be taking notes.
4. If we can get one win, that would be huge.
5. Powerplay should be 1-2 passes, one-time shots, traffic, and ugly rebound/tip goals. This is the way.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Finland has switched to daylight saving time one week earlier than the U.S./Columbus. That might explain 1 pm/2 pm issues. The game will start 20.00 / 8 PM local Finland time.

Gonna do a little sightseeing and then get ready for the game, can't wait! Fire up the cannon! (Hmm, that's gonna be interesting, hope it doesnt prevent us from scoring).
Thats great!

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Laine should be flying, maybe get to see what his best looks like. So long as he is not a victim of trying to do too much or his teammates looking for him too often.

He already tried to do everything (I mean way too much things) last game when Johnny was a little bit off, and that's not a recipe for success.

The key to maximal results is full focus with kind of relaxed and confident way.

Gaudreau was feeling guilty for the slow start for CBJ on the interview and he hoped that fans would be patient with them.

These guys (and not only Laine & Gaudreau) desperately needs goals and succesful plays to boost the confidence to get to the flow.

Edit:
Blankenburg is back, nice!

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Routine away game Bally app crap... yes, make me sign into my TV provider for the 100th time.. yes, make me have to manually switch over to the game stream from the pre-game stream... Bally is such trash

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
I'm so enthused about this game, I decided I'd rather get my eyes poked and prodded instead of watching. (I may be in the waiting room at my eye doctor.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad