GDT: Game 11 - CBJ vs DAL - Groundhog Day, 7pm

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
One thing definitely debuts today - the Reverse Retro jerseys.
There might also be a second, but we have to be cautious because if he sees his own shadow we'll have six more weeks of suck.

Notes and projected lineup per bluejackets.com:
Of Note
Boone Jenner is set to play in his 500th game with Columbus. … Bjorkstrand has a 3-5-8 line in the past eight games. … Eric Robinson scored the game-winning goal Friday and has collected 2-2-4 in his past five outings. … Joonas Korpisalo's .936 save percentage places seventh in the NHL. … Cam Atkinson is one goal from 200 in his CBJ and NHL careers. He would be the second Blue Jacket to reach the milestone after Rick Nash. … Nick Foligno is one goal from 200 in his NHL career (138 with Columbus, 61 with Ottawa). … Seth Jones has 196 points in his Blue Jackets career and also has 199 career assists in his time with Columbus and Nashville. … Columbus has won eight in a row in the series dating back to Dec. 29, 2015, including the lone contest a season ago, a 3-2 win in Nationwide Arena on Oct. 16. That streak includes a five-game winning run in Nationwide Arena.
Projected Lineup
(Subject to change)

Nick Foligno - Max Domi - Oliver Bjorkstrand
Boone Jenner - Jack Roslovic - Liam Foudy
Eric Robinson - Alexandre Texier - Cam Atkinson
Mikhail Grigorenko - Mikko Koivu - Riley Nash

Zach Werenski - Seth Jones
Vladislav Gavrikov - David Savard
Michael Del Zotto - Dean Kukan

Joonas Korpisalo
Elvis Merzlikins

Scratches: Kevin Stenlund (upper-body injury, day-to-day), Scott Harrington, Gabriel Carlsson
Injured reserve: Patrik Laine, Gus Nyquist, Brandon Dubinsky (LTIR)

Roster Report: Tortorella will discuss the lineup ahead of the team's morning skate Tuesday. A roster move would have to be made to open up space for Laine on the active roster, while Korpisalo is expected to return to the CBJ net.
Note that that projected lineup does not account for a late-breaking development...

EDIT: This one does:

stars.nhl.com has a preview article as well, with some general notes:
Did you know?

• The Stars posted a 0-1-0 record against Columbus in 2019-20, dropping their only meeting with the Blue Jackets last season.
  • Dallas has earned points in two of its last four trips to Nationwide Arena, posting a 0-2-2 record against the Blue Jackets over that span.
  • Forward Alexander Radulov posted two assists (0-2=2) against the Columbus last season and is currently riding a three-game point streak (2-2=4) against them. Radulov has points (2-3=5) in four of his last six road games against the Blue Jackets and has registered nine points (5-4=9) in 18 career games against them.
  • Forward Joe Pavelski lit the lamp (1-0=1) against the Blue Jackets in 2019-20 and has now tallied points in three of his last five (1-2=3) games against them, and has 11 points (8-3=11) over his last 12. Pavelski leads all current Stars in goals and points (13-14=27) in 35 career games against Columbus.
  • Defenseman Miro Heiskanen scored one goal (1-0=1) against Columbus last season and comes into Tuesday's contest riding a three-game point streak (1-2=3) against them, having logged points in all three career games against the Blue Jackets.
Scoresheet links (they'll work later tonight):
Game Summary - overall team info
Event Summary - player-specific info

Highlights of the Stars' last game:

Last edited:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Guest here. This is for Patrik Laine.

giphy-downsized.gif

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I don’t understand why we’re rushing Laine into the lineup, he hasn’t practiced in two weeks and hasn’t practiced with new teammates.

Legit expecting him to be rusty and likely to do nothing which will disappoint people

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
I don’t understand why we’re rushing Laine into the lineup, he hasn’t practiced in two weeks and hasn’t practiced with new teammates.

Legit expecting him to be rusty and likely to do nothing which will disappoint people
Didn't he practice yesterday?

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010

18 goals in 17 games against Dallas... we talkin’ bout practice? :sarcasm:

Fans all over the league will have eyes on CBJ... pretty cool.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

While it’s true he hasn’t practiced with his new teammates, offensively our players look like they’ve never practiced together either. :cool:

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
18 goals in 17 games against Dallas... we talkin’ bout practice? :sarcasm:

Fans all over the league will have eyes on CBJ... pretty cool.
"I'm spose to the be the franchice player and we sittin round here talking about practice. I mean listen we talkin bout practice. Not a game, not a game, not a game; practice. Not the game I go out and die for...practice" Allen Iverson was such a rule breaker. In this case letting Laine stretch his legs is probably going to occur "during the morning skate?" 5-2 Jackets, because someone needs to beat them.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
CBJ wearing old school jerseys against a team that played in the SCF last season. I feel like I might have a groundhog's day flashback to the early years of this team. 4-1 Stars.

Why only 1? Because 2 is too many for this team.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I would like to see Laine play and score twice. That would help to finally shut the door on the whole PLDouche situation. Now that is what I would LIKE to see. Prediction ??? Not my department.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
We're playing a good team, so we will likely play well.

I predict an offensive explosion by the CBJ. Dallas 3-2 in OT.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka

There is no chance that Laine wouldn't play at his best, but I do not expect anything spectacular, for the reason you stated. However, If Jackets get few PPs, there will be unnatural buzz there. Nobody has ever scouted Columbus PP with Laine, and Columbus has never operated with that kind of cannon.

Legit expecting him being rusty, confused, and unproductive, but it won't go to anything like: total coasting or idling. Its impossible with his mind set in this situation.

0+0 -1 Lot of SOG, even more TSAs, few hits, few blocks, 3 Take-aways, 4 Give-aways... But Defensively solid game for Patrik's standards.

Dallas knows Patty, and will counter him appropriately. That makes a lot of room for other Jackets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad