GDT: Game 11: (3) Winnipeg Jets (5-4-2) @ (4) St. Louis Blues (5-4-1) (7PM CST BSMW)

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
*checks score. Nods to self* About what I figured.

The Good:
St. Louis has a -Cup- winning team.

The Bad:
Beyond a few players, the rest suck hard.

The Ugly:
It's only Game 11. SO MANY MORE TO GO!

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009
Win played a heavy game. Blues were still stuck playing NJ/Mon. Few players skated to make a pass. Maybe 2-3 players attempted to challenge the middle all night on the rush, despite Win brutalizing them along the wall.

Despite all of that - the game could've been completely different if we hit 1/4 of the open nuts we had.

Also — I don't like complaining about the officiating (it's not the reason we lost the game) but the officials did a wacky job managing the dots and let interference and holding infractions go while being quick to call weak stick infractions. It's been a trend, all year across the NHL. Winnipeg was messy when the Blues were able to collapse the net and draped on those plays. I don't mind them not being called, but if you're going to call weak ass stick infractions, you have to call weak-ass interference and holding infractions.

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009
He doesn’t seem as comfortable this year. New system not as good a fit for him perhaps?
He actually played this system as an Islander. But even so, I agree...he just doesn't look as comfortable as he should for a guy that can skate like that and got to a conference final playing this system.

Reactions: Blueston

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Calling it 5-2 Jets.

This team is mediocre and inconsistent. They make a dumb play, get burned, and never recover. Then they don't hustle and are content to have the other team dictate the play. At the end of the day, it appears to be all about the paycheck and nothing more.

The Jets seem to fight for everything. On a different level.
Easy call on the outcome

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Ugh frustrating game. They never recovered enough momentum after going down two goals and the spurts they did have they couldn’t bury it. I f****** hate the Jets man, Connor always scores against us lol.

Hopefully they can at least beat Arizona would feel awesome to get a win against them.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
We now have 11 points in 11 games. That seems about right. The PP won’t be this bad all season, but the inconsistency of this team in the first months points to this being an 80-85 point team.
The powerplay may not be this bad all season, but there have only been, from what I remember, like 4 teams ever that have made the playoffs with a pp this bad after 11 games. Bright side is that means we should absolutely be bottom 10 if we keep performing like this but holy f*** SJ is a type of bad I have never seen in my life.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Not a good showing for a rested team. Rather ugly game. We need to hire a special PP coach. Maybe Snuggerud will help when he finally joins the team. Just when I was thinking The Blues might be worth watching again, they fall back to their previous ineptitude. At least the loss was to The Jets, so there's some solace for me.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Going to play devils advocate here and point out that they should have had a lead in the game if they had any luck. They came out playing with a more determined effort than Ive seen in a while.

Getting behind in the NHL is THE death knell. They deserved a better fate early on and that game could have looked a lot more like the last two had they done that -- but they lost momentum after getting bit hard by the law of 82.

Also, how long is it going to take you guys to realize being the rested team is not always an advantage? Especially for the Blues..

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Got to go to this game. A few observations from the rafters…
I don’t know who wants to be in the press box more Blais or Toropchenko. Looked lost out there and stone handed.
Leddy was just brutal. Parayko wasn’t as good as he has been. Scandella ran around a lot. Honestly, Krug’s passing was quite impressive and probably best d man and I’m not a fan.
Buch was really off last night. Forwards in general were pretty blah. Winnipeg did a good job on us. Neighbors played well.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Frustrating ending after such a fantastic start. Blues did a lot of positive things…a couple bounces the other way and this could have easily been a W. Special teams have to be better.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad