GDT: Game 10: Vegas Golden Knights @ Philadelphia Flyers | 4:00PM | Yo Homes, Smell Ya Later

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
This

127.gif
Apparently this was a prediction for the game footage.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
There's enough games to say this is worrying.

Our power play, penalty kill and Fleury have won us our five games. Two against a hapless Sharks team.

The Karlsson line has been good at even strength, the rest of the team has been bad or mediocre. Something isn't working and we are 11% through the season.

Of course Schmidt helps the defense and Tuch helps the offense but we need more than that, we need to shake up lines or do something to make these talented players play better.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
Eh... It's a road loss, non-division opponent. There will be games like this in the course of a long RS. i'd like to see how they rebound from this before declaring that moves need to be made.
But that forecheck tonight.... yeesh. Poor Dansk was hung out to dry.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Eh... It's a road loss, non-division opponent. There will be games like this in the course of a long RS. i'd like to see how they rebound from this before declaring that moves need to be made.
But that forecheck tonight.... yeesh. Poor Dansk was hung out to dry.
I think my issues are we are really seeing much of the same as last season, When we are on we are on, and we are not we're not. There is no middle ground. Made much much worse but this teams tradition of forgetting to play hockey when the back up steps on the ice.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
So we are in Chicago tomorrow. Drop off DDR and pick up Sparks and save two airfares.

And wth was Gallant thinking, throwing the lines in a blender in front of an AHL goalie?

Some of the goals were on the defending, some were on Dansk. I don't mind them changing the lines, they haven't worked even strength.

I agree that Sparks should see this as an opportunity to stake a claim to not only the first call up but the backup goalie itself if he can play well.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
It seems when this team loses, it loses big.

Besides the Boston game, all the Knights loses had ended in a blowout.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
It seems when this team loses, it loses big.

Besides the Boston game, all the Knights loses had ended in a blowout.

Might as well get all the bad karma out, at the end of the season it's worth the same as a 3-2 regulation loss. Even though the boys played better last game, Fleury saved them from being on a two game losing streak on a long road trip. Get a win in Chicago and all is put in the past from this sad showing.

Reactions: Vegan Knight

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Why no Hague?
IMO Doesn't pair well with Engo, he's got great reach but is quite fast enough if he can't anticipate the play, then he doesn't have the speed to cover it for and nor does Engo. I don't mind him getting a few games off the ice, though Bischoff has looked quite solid in his appearances so far.

I'm not concerned, but we'll see how things flesh out.

Reactions: lakai17

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
IMO Doesn't pair well with Engo, he's got great reach but is quite fast enough if he can't anticipate the play, then he doesn't have the speed to cover it for and nor does Engo. I don't mind him getting a few games off the ice, though Bischoff has looked quite solid in his appearances so far.

I'm not concerned, but we'll see how things flesh out.

Well Hague tends to jump up in play which is how he just plays. Engo is good for him as it will help him think more defensively but its just how Hagues style is to jump up in play. Hague just needs to adapt to different situations as defence partners, which will definitely improve his defensive game. He is young, rest will only benefit his game as well if they are going to switch up d here and there. Solid move by the coaching staff.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
To add to your point, this may be GGs way of phasing out Engo, who is the problem, not Hague. So, rather than go with two rookies as third pair, work each a few games with Engo to get that much needed experience with a veteran presence, then sit Derek and see how it goes. I realize that they are both LHD, but needs are needs and a third pair of Bischoff and Hague could very well work.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Well Hague tends to jump up in play which is how he just plays. Engo is good for him as it will help him think more defensively but its just how Hagues style is to jump up in play. Hague just needs to adapt to different situations as defence partners, which will definitely improve his defensive game. He is young, rest will only benefit his game as well if they are going to switch up d here and there. Solid move by the coaching staff.

Schmidt is a pincher. If he gets caught, he has an explosion of speed that gets him in position to back check a rusher.

Hague will never be a pincher, because he can't skate fast enough to recover. The faster he learns that, the faster he improves.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
If you're relying on Tuch to save your fantasy team, you might have bigger problems than his injury....

Mine is no fanasty, it’s a protected pick of 15 players. I got him in 10th round so any points are a bonus. They actually think he is gonna be a good power forward

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
I don't think @Nevada Jones should have left.... I'm blaming him :sarcasm::laugh::laugh:
Hey! :laugh:

My long awaited and much anticipated delayed instant expert analysis: Turd. :(

And speaking of turds, if not for Flower this team would be in the deepest kind of shit right now. Too many penalties, allowing too many SOG, no backup in goal, etc., and so on and so forth.

Paging Garret Sparks!

Paging Mike McKenna! :biglaugh:

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
A lot of the penalties have me feeling paranoid this year. Crosschecking for a minor bump that happens 50 times a game? delay of game for a puck that video showed kissed off the glass and went fluttering over? Phantom high stick that never touched anywhere above the shoulder and in fact should have been an embellishment call? I'm not usually like this....someone convince me that the refs as a body aren't punishing VGK for complaining about their screwing the pooch last playoffs.....

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
A lot of the penalties have me feeling paranoid this year. Crosschecking for a minor bump that happens 50 times a game? delay of game for a puck that video showed kissed off the glass and went fluttering over? Phantom high stick that never touched anywhere above the shoulder and in fact should have been an embellishment call? I'm not usually like this....someone convince me that the refs as a body aren't punishing VGK for complaining about their screwing the pooch last playoffs.....

We have only two games this season where penalties have been equal, we have had less power plays in every other game. And the Flyers game was only equal as the Flyers got 4 penalties in the third period.

But we have been undisciplined to start the season.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad