GDT: Game 10: Vegas Golden Knights @ Philadelphia Flyers | 4:00PM | Yo Homes, Smell Ya Later

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Hahahaha. Fleury isn't sitting for another game for anything but health reasons the rest of the year.

But to be honest there's so much more wrong with tonight's performance.

Merrill has looked like first half of last year Merrill again.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Vegas has had 2 skaters not play like hot garbage tonight.

But I'm glad we're getting wrecked because we need it from all the coasting we've been doing. Hopefully it has the same effect as when the Flames laid a huge turd on us(Subban was playing then IIRC, to further the whatever I'm too tired to think of the word) and we started playing hockey again.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
CJhRvppb7eGVG.gif
CJhRvppb7eGVG.gif
CJhRvppb7eGVG.gif

MARCHY!!!!!! 5 on 3 PP GOAL!!!!!!!!

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
In a long season you're bound to have a few stinkers, so not going crazy, but we have some holes.

Some grades for players (IMHO only):

R. Smith --------- A+
Marchessault......A. What the hell were the Panthers thinking, but it's our gain
Karlsson............C............Kills penalties, lots of chances, does the little things, but if you're on the first line and making 6 mil, you need to score

Stone............A
Stastny.........B
Pacioretty.....D-..........very unimpressed, at least with Pirri we aren't paying him 7 mil and sitting him as soon as Tuch gets back

Glass.......welcome to the NHL, future star
Eakin.........Incomplete due to recent return

Carrier.......B+............give me some more Carriers, he's a fourth liner but plays a hard game, and drives possession
Reaves.......B.........ditto Carrier
Nosek........A-......needs a better touch to move up from fourth line, but I think our fourth line is one of the best if not the best in the league

Fleury....A....not much to say, great start
Suuuubhan..incomplete........All-Star (in the AHL)

McNabb......C........too slow, too many penalties, lots of good plays though
Holden........B......don't understand the Holden hate, yeah, he ain't a top pair defenseman, he's fine as a sixth defenseman
Theodore.....A... basically carrying the defense
Engelland.....C+....gets undressed by speedy forwards, but honestly, he mostly hasn't been bad otherwise.

Gallant-----top notch coach, but I don't think our speed is what it was two years ago (though we have more skill). It's good, but we were the fastest team in the league and that always kept other teams on the defensive with our speed, and that isn't the case all the time anymore, which is exposing our defensive holes.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
First on 5 on 3 PP Goal in Franchise history!

Picked the most insignificant time to do it too. Of course it happens at a time it doesn’t matter.

If you want to look at the glass half full, it’s still good to get that first goal out of the way. Those disappointing 5 on 3 missed opportunities were one reason the team stunk it up on the power play last year.

Reactions: hangman005

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I think changing up our forward lines isn't a bad idea. At least the second and third.

The second line of Pacioretty-Stastny-Stone have scored 2 goals 5v5 in six games, if I'm not mistaken, and have a minus +/-.

The third line has 1 goal and is also a minus, I think.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
That was ugly. I’m tired of seeing our backup goalies get embarrassed. It’s almost like the rest of the team is on a mission to prove that every goalie besides Fleury sucks.

Reactions: hangman005

Ad

Upcoming events

• Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $16,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Wagers: 2