Post-Game Talk: GAME 10 - THE BEAR tosses Gritty into the river Charles - BRUINS 3 Flyers 0 F

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Krejci has 9 points in 10 games, playing extremely well, meshing with Heinen and DeBrusk and you're still on moving him to the 4th line? Get out with that garbage.

Leaving that garbage out, Krejci and 2nd line in general is playing very well atm, that's the most important thing/improvement right now, besides D holding the fort in this condition.

Reactions: HustleB

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Well, Backes will eventually play, I'm pretty sure of that. I'll misspell anyone name whenever I want to. And, you know what? I don't give a rats backside if you care or not.

Calm down.You are allowed to post whatever you think long as its clean.Everyone here posts stuff people do not agree with.Its a message board.But you need to be fair also and Krecji and the 2nd line are going better now.Sorry but I have to disagree on Backes on 4th line because he was paid alot of money and to put him there would basically be the GM admitting failure which they rarely do often if they like their jobs.

Reactions: Chief Nine

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Donato is not a 4th liner and belongs in Providence at this point. I was right there thinking that he would be able to step right into the NHL after doing it mid-season and looking good doing it, but he is just not ready.

I just worry he will go down to Providence and light it up and not fill in the holes in his game.

Reactions: BMC

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I'm not worried because if the organization was smart they'd trade him for a replacement before any of this even happens!

Trade who Donato?Kid has a serious NHL shot.Bruins need to put him in spots to use it .Not every player becomes solid 2 way players in this league but can still thrive.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I'd like to see Boston try Cave at 4th line center,Kuraly to wing,Acciari to press box

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Plus he’s played, what 15 NHL games?? Man that’s shortsighted as all hell to trade a kid in that situation
For a proven player? I would package him for a clear upgrade. I'm not saying trade him to trade him... If he's a key part for a clear, needed upgrade... Do it.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
For a proven player? I would package him for a clear upgrade. I'm not saying trade him to trade him... If he's a key part for a clear, needed upgrade... Do it.

Depends on the player and the package obviously. But you seem to just want to obliterate anyone who slightly struggles whether they’re a raw rookie or a so-called “cooked” veteran.

Patience my friend. Didn’t we learn this with Seguin?

Last edited:
Reactions: hrdpuk

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Depends on the player and the package obviously. But you seem to just want to obliterate anyone who slightly stuggles whether they’re a raw rookie or a so-called “cooked” veteran.

Patience my friend. Didn’t we learn this with Seguin?
If you don't think Backes is cooked, I can't help you there. Trust me, I'm not the only one who feels David Backes is cooked. Take a poll if you'd like.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
No way I would trade him.Saw glimpses last year when he was called up.He will figure it out and so will Bruins on how to use him.

That’s where I’m at too @22Brad Park. Sometimes we’re just expecting these 20 year old kids to all just become superstars like they’re produced out of some machine somewhere.

They all develop at different rates. I wouldn’t give up on this kid just yet either

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
If you don't think Backes is cooked, I can't help you there. Trust me, I'm not the only one who feels David Backes is cooked. Take a poll if you'd like.

I don’t think he’s cooked and I know you do (you post this every day) and on the other side I’m not the only one who thinks he isn’t.

And that doesn’t mean either side is right.

None of us know what Backes is going through and what his condition is and for people to say he’s cooked or like you said earlier, he’s useless without being physical, is really not solid ground. It’s speculation without knowing all the facts

That’s all I’m saying

Reactions: pkunit and BMC

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Trade who Donato?Kid has a serious NHL shot.Bruins need to put him in spots to use it .Not every player becomes solid 2 way players in this league but can still thrive.
Frank Vatrano had an NHL shot and release, he isnt a good hockey player. Donato is showing nothing, he isn't scoring and that is all he brings to the table so far. Some time in Providence should help

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I absolutely like what I saw last night but I don't know if it was all Bruins or a Flyers Team that just didn't come to play. The Flyers have a lot of talent o that team and I was actually expecting a more spirited game. It looks mostly one side. I still believe breaking up the top line should be a priority in the early going of this season. I really an not a big fan associating line numbers with player rankings although ice time should be determined on individual performance.. Each line needs good players that can elevate his linemates play.

Right now, and it's still early, the only line combo that's showing any consistency is the line center by Bergeron. I have said before I think Krejci need to center a 4 line pairing. Putting Krejci, Backes, and Acciari on the fourth line adds skill and experiences against the opposing teams weaker defense pairings. The second line of Debrusk, Pasternak, and Nordstrom adds an experienced center, an elite playmaker and natural goal scorer, with a guy that is good on the boards and puck possession in the offensive zone. The 3rd line can be used to mix and match youth and speed players. The top line of Bergeron, Marchand, Donato, or Bjork, would, I believe, work fine.

The Blackhawks broke up their talent and won 3 Stanley Cups. The longer this gets put off the harder it will be to see any results.
:facepalm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad