GDT: Game 10: SJS @ MTL | Respect the Beard | Oct. 24, 2019 7:00pm ET, TSN2, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Oh my, that is such a classic! Professeur Tournesol from Tintin.

I always found him funny because he was brilliant but had shortcomings that made him endearing:

(His) deafness is a frequent source of humour, as he repeats what he thinks he has heard, usually in the most unlikely words possible: "attachez votre ceinture" is repeated as "une tache de peinture?" He does not admit to being almost deaf and insists his hearing is only impaired in one ear.

Had completely forgotten that there was shark-themed storyline in Tintin:

MV5BMmU2MDc5NzktZDBiMC00OGY1LWFlNGYtMTYyNTNjMjRkZmZmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDgwNzA3MTc@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Tintin and Asterix were always favorites. Never tired of them. Thought they were a lot better in book form than they were ever rendered as animated cartoons.

2 words:
Ciné-cadeau

It was the best thing ever as a kid during christmas. Chilling at home, no school, watching Asterix et Obelix et les 12 travaux and opening gifts!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
2 words:
Ciné-cadeau

It was the best thing ever as a kid during christmas. Chilling at home, no school, watching Asterix et Obelix et les 12 travaux and opening gifts!

Tintin is an amazing series. It's as old as dirt but so well written and drawn that it's maintained its appeal since it was first published in 1930.

You can't go wrong with both Tintin and Astérix, classics.

Reactions: Holystik

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Tintin is an amazing series. It's as old as dirt but so well written and drawn that it's maintained its appeal since it was first published in 1930.

You can't go wrong with both Tintin and Astérix, classics.

Yeah I loved Tintin too but Asterix was my favorite. La cité d'or, Goldorak and Heman(most likely a Bergevin's favorite) were also great.

Reactions: Runner77

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Why is he getting to you? He's not going anywhere while Bergevin is around.
I'm not at the point where I am hoping him to go. The return would be bad.

I have big expectations of Weber and Im not giving up yet. You could say he is my spacegoat.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Some dirty laundry is best washed behind closed doors.

There was this item involving Sharks captain Logan Couture:

Logan Couture ripped off the muzzle and held absolutely nothing back in criticizing teammates Kevin Labanc and Timo Meier immediately after the San Jose Sharks’ overtime loss to the Buffalo Sabres on Tuesday.

Though he didn’t blatantly call out Meier and Labanc by name, it was preeeettty clear who he was referencing
, as that pair stayed on the ice for nearly a minute-and-a-half each before dragging their way to the Sharks bench for an uninspired, ill-timed change that directly resulted in Jack Eichel’s game-winner.

Sharks' Logan Couture torches Meier, Labanc for 'selfish' OT shifts

Was this really necessary? Couldn't Couture have left his comments for the room?

Sharks beat writer who was on Marinaro's show this morning, said the Couture first told Meier and Labanc before going with it to the media.

Pretty shortsighted for Couture to call out Labanc, after the latter's very unselfish attitude this past summer:

When Kevin Labanc signed a one-year, $1-million deal this summer with the San Jose Sharks, many were left scratching their heads. The former Barrie Colt, who notched 17 goals and 56 points last season, surely could’ve fetched more than that. But as the winger stated, he took less to help out his club.

Labanc doing Sharks 'a big favor' with new contract

How much was Labanc's selfless act worth?

With 214 NHL games under his belt, the 23-year-old has 116 points for a rate of .54 PPG that should've slotted in him in the $3-4 million range.

https://www.bardown.com/hockey-fans-are-perplexed-over-kevin-labanc-s-new-contract-1.1334934

Of course, the jokes have kept coming at Labanc's expense and have mostly written themselves:

I maintain that Couture's public calling out of Labanc was ill-advised. Anyone could have made that mistake. It could have been left in the room and would have been much more impactful and respectful to someone like Labanc, who already showed in a big way, how much he wants to put the team first.

Agree with you 100%. Public calling outs is unnecessary but I sort of half expect this from coaches (right Claude?) but captains really shouldn’t say crap like that.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
They've both been above average defensively their entire careers im not sure why your implying its a weakness when it isnt.

I never said it's their weakness. I said it's a skill both need to develop first playing against men in the worlds top league. They both have excellent offensive skills but they NEED to learn the opposite end of the game first. Good defense leads to good offense.

A guy like drouin per sae is so incredibly hard to coach because he lacks determination. I see it in his game all year. He's a baby. He lost a battle.. well he puts his head down and skates slowly back into the play instead of hustling to get it back..

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'm from New-Brunswick. We have bars where I live, but that's not the issue. It's pretty hard to get all of us out of the dressing room under a half hour as we have a bunch of leafs and bruins fans in the team. They couldn't care less about the habs lol.

My game tonight was just cancelled, not even mad.

Intentions are to leave as soon as the game is done but it never works :laugh:. Endorphine is a hell of drug (mixed with beers).

Been there done that and then some.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yeah I loved Tintin too but Asterix was my favorite. La cité d'or, Goldorak and Heman(most likely a Bergevin's favorite) were also great.

Did you like the print version or did you prefer the cartoon film adaptation? I believe they also had movies of both series using real actors.

Reactions: Holystik

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
I never said it's their weakness. I said it's a skill both need to develop first playing against men in the worlds top league. They both have excellent offensive skills but they NEED to learn the opposite end of the game first. Good defense leads to good offense.

A guy like drouin per sae is so incredibly hard to coach because he lacks determination. I see it in his game all year. He's a baby. He lost a battle.. well he puts his head down and skates slowly back into the play instead of hustling to get it back..
Fair point about Drouin but from what i see from kk and suzuki they have the defensive ability its just experience and strength now which arent really helped by playing 3rd and 4th line the experience that is

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm not at the point where I am hoping him to go. The return would be bad.

I have big expectations of Weber and Im not giving up yet. You could say he is my spacegoat.

It would help if he could stay healthy for a full season, for starters.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Did you like the print version or did you prefer the cartoon film adaptation? I believe they also had movies of both series using real actors.
I've never watched the "real humans" version but I did have the plastified bande dessine. Watched most of them on TV too, in french.

Capitaine Hadock saying "Bachibouzouk de montagne" et "mille millions de milles sabords" was epic haha

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
Geez the drama queens are out in full force for this one.

"We don't match up"
"We'll get owned"
" A MUST WIN"

LMAO... Take a pill and Chase it with your favorite Molson product will you ladies.

Habs 5 Sharks 2
Empty net Goal

Karlsson -3 ... A total bum in his zone

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I've never watched the "real humans" version but I did have the plastified bande dessine. Watched most of them on TV too, in french.

Capitaine Hadock saying "Bachibouzouk de montagne" et "mille millions de milles sabords" was epic haha
There was only one real TinTin movie, Mystère de la toison d'or. Astérix has lots, with different lead actors but one Obélix. Some are real good, Jeux Olympiques and Cléopatre especially.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
08/03/19, 04:30San Jose Sharks - Montreal Canadiens FT 5 : 2 (2 : 1) (1 : 1) (2 : 0)
03/12/18, 01:00Montreal Canadiens - San Jose Sharks FT 1 : 3 (0 : 2) (1 : 1) (0 : 0)
03/01/18, 01:30Montreal Canadiens - San Jose Sharks FT 1 : 4 (0 : 1) (1 : 2) (0 : 1)
18/10/17, 04:30San Jose Sharks - Montreal Canadiens FT 5 : 2 (1 : 1) (3 : 1) (1 : 0)
17/12/16, 01:35Montreal Canadiens - San Jose Sharks FT 2 : 4 (0 : 3) (0 : 1) (2 : 0)
03/12/16, 04:35San Jose Sharks - Montreal Canadiens FT 2 : 1 (2 : 0) (0 : 0) (0 : 1)
01/03/16, 04:35San Jose Sharks - Montreal Canadiens FT 6 : 2 (2 : 1) (1 : 1) (3 : 0)
16/12/15, 01:35Montreal Canadiens - San Jose Sharks FT 1 : 3 (0 : 1) (1 : 2) (0 : 0)
22/03/15, 00:05Montreal Canadiens - San Jose Sharks FT 2 : 0 (1 : 0) (0 : 0) (1 : 0)
03/03/15, 04:05San Jose Sharks - Montreal Canadiens FT 4 : 0 (2 : 0) (1 : 0) (1 : 0)
09/03/14, 04:05San Jose Sharks - Montreal Canadiens FT 4 : 0 (1 : 0) (2 : 0) (1 : 0)
27/10/13, 01:05Montreal Canadiens - San Jose Sharks FT 0 : 2 (0 : 0) (0 : 1) (0 : 1)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Bergevin Era results vs Sharks 42-14

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
2 words:
Ciné-cadeau

TinTin, Lucky Luc and of course Burl Ives impersonating the Snowman in Rudolf lol

good times man, helps that both mom and dad had 10 brothers and sisters each....shitloads of cousins!! Lol

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I've only read and watched both series in French. I always prefer the original version where I am fluent in the language it was created in. There are always subtleties and expressions that are inevitably lost in translations. That "mille millions de milles sabords" is a signature line, it just can't be translated without losing its flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad