GDT: Game # 10. Kraken visit the Oilers 6:30 PT

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Turn out the lights...oh, they are already turned off.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
That was not only Yamamoto's first goal this year, it was his first point of the season.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Again, not enough quality up front which costs us.

I like the way the team plays and works their tails off but they're not able to reward themselves for it with enough goals.

Not having McCann available definitely hurt us this game. That being said, we really need another legit top-6 offensive forward. I can't see GMRF spending the assets to land one via a trade. But our roster next season could definitely be interested since we should not lose any major pieces if we do end up drafting high again, have Beniers join the roster and potentially sign a FA.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Not having McCann available definitely hurt us this game. That being said, we really need another legit top-6 offensive forward. I can't see GMRF spending the assets to land one via a trade. But our roster next season could definitely be interested since we should not lose any major pieces if we do end up drafting high again, have Beniers join the roster and potentially sign a FA.

I guess the big question is who can we get. Assuming we don't make the play offs but aren't a lottery team, are there any NHL ready prospects to draft? Any pending free agents we could throw money at?

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Sorry but i forsee quite alot of movement away at the deadline including possibly....Eberle, Yanni, Johannson, Gio....maybe even Driedger....need one maybe two more firsts...
Its to early to start spending assets on free agents.
Build through the draft this year and next.
This year our own first is likely to be anywhere from 4 to 7th.

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
No question this team lacks firepower, but they work hard and they don't quit so I still say it's a solid way to build a team. As they get better, the success will endure and the culture will be strong.

I would also expect several deadline deals. Giordano and others,

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany

Yeah, but even with McCann it's not been that great.

No, we shouldn't consider trading for a top 6 forward right given that we don't have the additional assets to make that happen and I don't want us to mortgage our future just to stay in the playoff race.

I personally think we have a good core(Grubauer, Larsson, Oleksiak, Dunn, Gourde, Wennberg, Tanev etc.) you can use to add guys to it that fit and help with scoring/adding more quality.

I also think that we have a good amount of interesting pieces(I hope Francis would be willing to trade and not hesitate because it would be admitting your plan didn't fully work) you could trade at the deadline, but that's something you can start thinking about in January, if things keep going the way they have during the first ten games.

BTW: Next years draft looks pretty good and we could possibly get a futre top six forward if we were to draft in the top ten.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Joey Daccord let in such soft goals, never seen a goalie let in so many soft goals in a game. I mean the Draisaitl goals were hard and all, but Daccord is not an NHL goalie.

That or it might be Hakstol's soft and predictable system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad