GDT: Game # 10. Kraken visit the Oilers 6:30 PT

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Well, at least we have successful company.

this team has a real problem finishing. Unbelievable how many really nice chances they get.
Yeah. I mean, there are chances that we should really score on. It makes it look like the goalie is standing on his head but its really more to do with the quality of finishers on the team.

Reactions: kihei

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Don't want to see high draft picks go, as we are likely a lottery team for a while.
Wouldn't be anything more than a 2nd round pick. I think if we get a good player somehow, it would increase the chances that the pick will be in the low to mid 40s. I am ok with giving up that kind of pick.

I am honestly not that interested in trading picks either BUT it looks like the team is just that 1 offensive player away from being potent and making a push for the playoffs. The way they are playing, if they can get a little more offense, they can certainly be a playoff team.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Finally. I thought it might never happen. Nice shot, too.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Yeah. I mean, there are chances that we should really score on. It makes it look like the goalie is standing on his head but its really more to do with the quality of finishers on the team.
I'm thinking I'd rather have Tarasenko over Dunn at this point, lol. It's what happens when the GM decides to go the safe route in the expansion draft.

At least this one is close now.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
So we are still in the hunt. Gotta kill this PP.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I'm thinking I'd rather have Tarasenko over Dunn at this point, lol. It's what happens when the GM decides to go the safe route in the expansion draft.

At least this one is close now.
Absolutely agree. I was all about getting Dunn over Tarasenko but the way the season has gone so far, I think Tarasenko would have helped this roster out more.

That is not to say that Dunn would not have been the smarter decision or better down the road but for now, I think Tank would have helped us right away.

Also, McDavid is something else. I seriously don't know how most teams manage to deal with both him and Draisaitl being on the same line.

Reactions: Idionym

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Scoring frustrations aside, we're going into the third only a goal down. The game is still within reach.
Yeah. Playing against 2 good teams on a back-to-back setup is always tough. Being down by a goal against this Oilers team is nothing to be ashamed of.

Heck, we can lose every game for the remainder of the season but the lack of quit in this team is special. They will get talent eventually through the draft as well.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
That giveaway by Dunn. Seems to happen once per game. It’s almost funny. Like a guaranteed brain fart once a game.
In that respect Dunn reminds me of Jake Gardiner when he was with the Leafs. Impressive as hell one shift and then hand the puck to the opponent on a silver platter the next shift. At least once a game, almost without exception.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
The team doea try. Gotta give them credit for effort. There shot suppression stats must be near the best in the league. Must be frusstrating for them, too. All that hard work on both ends and so few goals to show for it.

Reactions: Frozen and Idionym

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
The team doea try. Gotta give them credit for effort. There shot suppression stats must be near the best in the league. Must be frusstrating for them, too. All that hard work on both ends and so few goals to show for it.
Yeah. They dominate play but just cannot finish. We have kept games very close and the PP has been a big reason we have not been getting points. The 5-on-5 play is generally pretty good.

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago

The fact that Edmonton had 3 goals on 6 shots or whatever it was at must be frustrating for sure.

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
Edmonton broadcast complaining about how "we raised a generation of officials who don't want to officiate."

So dramatic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad