GDT: Game #10 : KINGS @ RED WINGS- Sunday, 2/10/’13 @ 9:30 AM PST (NBC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperAlmeida

Mar 18, 2010
Hey... it's a moment for King's fan living in the East. Don't forget, there are some of us... Do you think we can always follow the games that start at 10:30 pm? And by turning on a sports channel this a little bit past noon today I will have something different than the bragging of yesterday's Hab's loss (6-0 to the Leafs...)

On another topic, why isn't Bernier getting the call today?

And us in Europe. I have to woke up in the middle of the night to watch the games...! My best exam period was actually when we won the Stanley Cup, and I watched every game! :laugh:

Let's go Kings!

ouendan1

Mar 14, 2009
Las Vegas
I have a game plan for the kings to win.

Don't suck.

I like this plan. A lot. The Kings should implement it. Especially since I'll be at the game today! Last Kings-Wings game I went to in Detroit, I got a free ticket from a season ticket holder (yes I was decked out in my Kings gear) and they won 5-0. Bringing the good vibes to Detroit!

Crosby87Domi11

Jan 29, 2013
Locust Grove,VA
I like this plan. A lot. The Kings should implement it. Especially since I'll be at the game today! Last Kings-Wings game I went to in Detroit, I got a free ticket from a season ticket holder (yes I was decked out in my Kings gear) and they won 5-0. Bringing the good vibes to Detroit!

I like that plan too!

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I have a game plan for the kings to win.

Don't suck.

Very Sutteresque, short, direct and to the point. And what all Kings fans want.
But I don't see that happening today against the Wings, depending on how Babcock deploys his lines. Zetterberg's playing really well. Datsyuk is Datsyuk and that could be a problem.
The Wings have a weak PK, something like 27th in the league. This would be a great time to have the kings PP breakout for a couple, because that's the only way I see a W. I don't like the Kings wings on the top 2 lines mixed up and esp don't like The Kings 2nd line at all, gonna be exposed.
But Sutter had to do something, the 4th line was giving up too many goals and benching Fraser and slotting Stoll, at least temporarily was a way to stop that. I know how frustrated he must be with nothing coming out of his first 2 lines. But it 's up to the players to do that and mixing them up, piutting them where they're not used to playing against a team with 2 lethal top centers , to me isn't the right time to do that.
We'll see...

JureEe

Go Kings Go!
Apr 5, 2012
sLOVEnija
And us in Europe. I have to woke up in the middle of the night to watch the games...! My best exam period was actually when we won the Stanley Cup, and I watched every game! :laugh:

Let's go Kings!

same here :) so nice to watch Kings play at 18:30... i cant belive that :D

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Win Cups and you get the NBC games vs. Detroit. Same thing happened to the Ducks.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
This GDT is kinda funny.

Welcome Ellerbyfan4

Just don't stare to long at JDub-He may make you forget about that Keaton guy ;-)

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Thank you! Wow all the kings fans I've talked to are a lot more friendly than some of the cats fans ive talked to

Winning the Cup will appease us for a long, long, time. But we'll still ***** and moan when needed.

and fwiw, don't buy into the hate-fest re Rob Blake too much - he's by far the best defenseman the Kings have ever had. As if he had done anything dfferent in his 2nd tour here this team would have several Cups... :laugh:

... and welcome EF4.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Buck Flake!

Wasn't happy when he left but didn't blame him for bailing out. Wish he never had a second stint in LA. That killed it for me.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
BTW is it me or do the Redwings have a TON of injuries ...

That injury list is rather long.

Thats the story of the red wings last few seasons but oh well they still manage, it is annoying as a fan though.

Just came here to check out the Kings lines for the game today, very surprised to see Ellerby on the top pair. He's a solid young player but I think youll see him moved off of there before long. I really wanted Detroit to pick him up (for a 5th rounder no less) that kid is huge and hits like a mack truck.

Oh well, heres hoping for a good game :handclap:

Crosby87Domi11

Jan 29, 2013
Locust Grove,VA
Winning the Cup will appease us for a long, long, time. But we'll still ***** and moan when needed.

and fwiw, don't buy into the hate-fest re Rob Blake too much - he's by far the best defenseman the Kings have ever had. As if he had done anything dfferent in his 2nd tour here this team would have several Cups... :laugh:

... and welcome EF4.

thanks! And I figured that ppl will ***** and moan when needed

guderian

Nov 10, 2006
Zagreb

That was amazing game.Quick was using his mind control that night.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
oh yeah, today's game... Breakfast and hockey!! - doesn't get any better than that.

Kings will actually score twice in 1st, leading 2-1. (true story)

Kings win 5-2 (en Doughty) :bee:

TwzKing

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2004
Winning the cup did take the sting out of sucking for the start of the season

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
It's about faceoffs and special teams. The Kings have to be better than Detroit in both.

That, and the Kings can't start slow, and give up the first goal in the first 5 minutes, which seems to happen so often when the Kings visit Detroit.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
I have a good feeling about this game but not sure if I should start Quick or go with Lindback vs NYR. Go Kings Go!

Last edited:

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
VmuDH.gif

This early start better be worth it. There's no excuse for lazy play, and can we please start using some creativity on the powerplay? Actually, forget creativity, just pot some goals however you want to do it. Where's my coffee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad