GDT: Game #10 : KINGS @ RED WINGS- Sunday, 2/10/’13 @ 9:30 AM PST (NBC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crosby87Domi11

Jan 29, 2013
Locust Grove,VA
Welcome to Kings fandom Ellerbyfan4. Try not to get too discouraged by the negativity ;)

Damacles already gave a good rundown of the Kings personnel. I'll just add a little bit. Darryl Sutter LOVES to have a stay-at-home defenseman with a mobile puckmover. If possible, he likes to have leftys with rightys. So Ellerby, in 5-on-5 situations, will mostly be paired with Drew Doughty (#8), Slava Voynov (#26) or Alec Martinez (#27). If he's going to be used on the penalty kill, he could possibly be paired with Rob Scuderi (#7) or Davis Drewiske (#44), as those are our more defensive defensemen who are currently healthy.

Since he's not very effective offensively, he's not likely to be on the powerplay. We lately have seen the Kings use 4 forwards and 1 defenseman on both units (Doughty on the first and Voynov on the second).

The Kings are struggling now with two key defensemen out with injury. Offensively, they are lacking confidence again, but we have a bit of a roster shake-up with the hopes they'll be kick started. Once they regain that confidence, they will be dangerous.

Thank you! Wow all the kings fans I've talked to are a lot more friendly than some of the cats fans ive talked to

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
That sucks! Game is 12:30 my time :D however my dad is mildly pissed off that im refusing to go to my brothers hockey game so I can stay home and watch the Kings :rant:

Your dad doesn't have DVR so you can watch it later? I get watching the game live, but I'm sure both your dad and your brother would appreciate you going to the game.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I have been watching some old Panther(vs east)/Panther vs Kings games in the archive I have on my hard drive.

Ellerby is not afraid to hit people that is a plus.

Crosby87Domi11

Jan 29, 2013
Locust Grove,VA
Welcome to the Kings side of things Ellerbyfan4~! :)

Thanks! The big plus is my aunts boyfriend is a huge Kings fan so I shouldn't have an issue getting my hands on some kings merch :D Next step will be getting an Ellerby kings jersey, I have an ellerby florida jersey too but obviously hes a king now so that wont cut it anymore

Ron*

Thanks! The big plus is my aunts boyfriend is a huge Kings fan so I shouldn't have an issue getting my hands on some kings merch :D Next step will be getting an Ellerby kings jersey, I have an ellerby florida jersey too but obviously hes a king now so that wont cut it anymore

He's wearing no. 5.

Welcome aboard! I got a daughter your age, but she couldn't care less about hockey...yet, I still dragged her to the :stanley: rally last June. :D

Crosby87Domi11

Jan 29, 2013
Locust Grove,VA
He's wearing no. 5.

Welcome aboard! I got a daughter your age, but she couldn't care less about hockey...yet, I still dragged her to the :stanley: rally last June. :D

Thanks! and ik hes wearing 5, he wore 5 when he was in juniors with Kamloops Blazers. Would have liked to see him keep 4 tho

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Thanks! and ik hes wearing 5, he wore 5 when he was in juniors with Kamloops Blazers. Would have liked to see him keep 4 tho

I think a majority of Kings fans would have liked to see him keep 4 as well.... Former King defenseman Rob Blake wore that number, and the current management wants to retire his number, while a great deal of Kings fans do not want to see that happen (long story).

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I think a majority of Kings fans would have liked to see him keep 4 as well.... Former King defenseman Rob Blake wore that number, and the current management wants to retire his number, while a great deal of Kings fans do not want to see that happen (long story).

Lets not start talking about it, It makes me want to break stuff in my house.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
So with this...we now have 3 girls on our forum? That's like 2 1/2 more than most other teams, I think. Anyways. Welcome. All you need to know here is:

Stoll sucks
Penner sucks

If you can remember those two things, you'll be good to go here. :laugh:

There are some Kings fans that want all the bugs out of the system...

I want your avatar to ****ing die once and for all. You said it was gone when we won the cup now get rid of it again! :sarcasm:

Anyways, Brunner has impressed me for the Wings. I've got a feeling this could be one of those games vs the Wings that Quickers talked about in his drunken "How bout this ****ing team?" cup speech. Gunna be brutal.

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
So with this...we now have 3 girls on our forum? That's like 2 1/2 more than most other teams, I think. Anyways. Welcome. All you need to know here is:

Stoll sucks
Penner sucks

If you can remember those two things, you'll be good to go here. :laugh:

I want your avatar to ****ing die once and for all. You said it was gone when we won the cup now get rid of it again! :sarcasm:

Anyways, Brunner has impressed me for the Wings. I've got a feeling this could be one of those games vs the Wings that Quickers talked about in his drunken "How bout this ****ing team?" cup speech. Gunna be brutal.

Ah, let him keep the avatar. It makes me laugh...and a little dizzy. ;)

Ellerby4 One other thing, the Goalie debate Quick Vs Bernier is over too. If someone tries to bring up Bernier, just politely respond that Quick led us to the cup and all is well again.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Thank you! Wow all the kings fans I've talked to are a lot more friendly than some of the cats fans ive talked to

Beware, this place gets a lot less friendly on days the Kings lose so keep that in mind :)

But hopefully they give the Wings a beating today so we won't have to worry about that. Love the starting time, 6.30 PM for me. I don't even want to think how early that is for you guys on the west coast.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
I'm real interested in seeing the completely new jumbled-up lineup, but the start time worries me. We always seem to crap the bed with these early games.

kingsfansince1967

Oct 23, 2006
Montreal
Why is this freaking game at 9:30 AM ?

Do NHL people just hate us West Coast people ?

Man I can't sleep in now.

Hey... it's a moment for King's fan living in the East. Don't forget, there are some of us... Do you think we can always follow the games that start at 10:30 pm? And by turning on a sports channel this a little bit past noon today I will have something different than the bragging of yesterday's Hab's loss (6-0 to the Leafs...)

On another topic, why isn't Bernier getting the call today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad