GDT: Game #10| Feb. 5, 2013|Lightning at Flyers |7:30 p.m. ET

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
if the officials had no problem with what Rinaldo did then that is good enough for me. Especially when everyone and their mother knows the rep Rinaldo has.
Vinny is a moron tho. Good job taking yourself out of the game in a one goal game in the 3rd period jackass :laugh:

Bryz once again was freakin awesome.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Great win tonight.

Looking ahead to Thursday, I don't think Florida's going to roll over like they did last time. Looks like most of their guys are healthy and back in the lineup. Should be a good game.

Hopefully Bryz gets the start again.

sxHarr05

Feb 19, 2012
Montgomery County,PA
Is it too soon to have the nameplate on my Craven jersey switched to Sestito???

With my schedule I don't get to see many games. What I do see is alot of highlights. And since until recently they've been mostly Bryz I can say that I feel he's a completely different goaltender ths year. Glad to see it. Also nice to see contributions from unexpected sources tonight.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
BCZNegeCcAAXpqs_zps28036f18.jpg

Do you mind if I steal this? I'm tired of my LA Avatar

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Is it too soon to have the nameplate on my Craven jersey switched to Sestito???

With my schedule I don't get to see many games. What I do see is alot of highlights. And since until recently they've been mostly Bryz I can say that I feel he's a completely different goaltender ths year. Glad to see it. Also nice to see contributions from unexpected sources tonight.
There's no doubt about it. This Bryz is the Bryz we signed on for.

dookie88

Aug 18, 2008
Germany
Hey guys,
haven't watched the game but from the NHL.com highlights it looked like we were outplayed pretty badly.
Is that true?

CanadianFlyersFan18

Aug 24, 2009
Great win from the Gents last night. Really thought it was Giroux's best game of the year. He didn't manage to get on the scoresheet but he could of had 2 or 3 apples if Danny and CO could have converted on the chances. Bryz was FANTASTIC and for the majority of the 60 minutes so was the Flyers team defence. Keep this train going ! Lets go Flyers!!

Unstable

Apr 26, 2006
Exiled in NoVA
Hey guys,
haven't watched the game but from the NHL.com highlights it looked like we were outplayed pretty badly.
Is that true?

First two periods = best hockey in a long time. Third period they spent the first half running around in their own end, eventually giving up a goal on a defensive breakdown. But then they locked it down again.

So for 50 minutes they looked incredible.

I haven't watched the highlights but I wouldn't be surprised if they included a lot of the 10 minutes they played poorly.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
HFboards loves to bash players for things being dirty

even though the ref said it was dirty.

I know it's verboten to correct (even humorously) others' posts, but I know you meant to type "wasn't dirty".

ChumpyG said:
Is it just me, or does Sestito look just a little bit like Lavi?
You mean Rinaldo, right? The fierce look made me think "son of Laviolette", too.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Regarding a comment in the Lightning's GDT:

I know we shouldn't be proud of our reputation as fans but when I read this I was instantly nostalgic..Flyers games are so much fun, it feels like forever since I have been to one (even tho I went to one of our last regular season games vs the Pens last year)

Last edited by a moderator:

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
I know we shouldn't be proud of our reputation as fans but when I read this I was instantly nostalgic..Flyers games are so much fun, it feels like forever since I have been to one (even tho I went to one of our last regular season games vs the Pens last year)

The in-stadium atmosphere these days is so, so tame even compared to 15 years ago. Anyone intimidated in the stands in Philly should feel embarrassed.

When I go into an opposing teams, I expect (and am disappointed when I do not receive) some level of harassment. That's part of the pride of representing your favorite team in enemy territory.

I remember about 10 years going to my first game at NJD and being sorely disappointed that there were more Flyer fans in my section than Devil fans.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
The in-stadium atmosphere these days is so, so tame even compared to 15 years ago. Anyone intimidated in the stands in Philly should feel embarrassed.

When I go into an opposing teams, I expect (and am disappointed when I do not receive) some level of harassment. That's part of the pride of representing your favorite team in enemy territory.

I remember about 10 years going to my first game at NJD and being sorely disappointed that there were more Flyer fans in my section than Devil fans.

I've only had the luxury of attending an away game in my home colors once, but it was a Phillies-Reds game during the 2010 NLDS. I got minimal flak (someone calling Utley a ***** and then Utley hitting a home run during the same at bat) and then was congratulated after the game. It was pretty weird, I know what would've happened to an opposing fan in Philly under the same circumstances (Hamels shutting out the Reds and ending their season.)

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ

I remember going to a Flyers-Devils game at home and at their old rink - at their rink, Flyers fans harassed Devs fans more than they harassed us and at the Wachovia center I saw a group of female Devils fans start stuff with a few male Flyers fans outside, the Flyers fans spit on them...lol

I love playing the Penguins at home...those games are the best. Also Flyers vs Canadiens and Flyers vs Buffalo...also pretty fun

RJ8812*

Hey guys,
Is that true?

Not even close. We pretty much boxed out TB the entire game. Aside from one dumb defensive play by Gervais, we played a great defensive game.

On a related note, I find it funny how the media talks about how Sestito is just known for his physical play and doesn't score. The guy has actually put up a decent amount of points in juniors and the minors.

Hopefully this guy stays in the line-up and continues to improve his game

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008
The atmosphere is terrible at wells fargo. Fans can't get a chant right. People feel like they are too good to join in. It seems like people in my section are allergic to fun. Maybe its nostalgia, but the atmosphere is not as electric as i remember as a kid and it was part of why I fell in love with them. Its great in the playoffs, but i wish there was more crowd energy in the regular season. If opposing fans feel threatened here, they should just stay in their safe suburbs. I have never scene any incidents with opposing fans, even with our biggest rivals.

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
The atmosphere is terrible at wells fargo. Fans can't get a chant right. People feel like they are too good to join in. It seems like people in my section are allergic to fun. Maybe its nostalgia, but the atmosphere is not as electric as i remember as a kid and it was part of why I fell in love with them. Its great in the playoffs, but i wish there was more crowd energy in the regular season. If opposing fans feel threatened here, they should just stay in their safe suburbs. I have never scene any incidents with opposing fans, even with our biggest rivals.

Nobody wants to get banned. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad