GDT: Game 10: Devils @ Wild - 7 PM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Walz just said Evason isn't afraid to shake up anything.

are-you-serious-spiderman.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Lapa and TaLoN

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
3 Hi-sticking penalties by the Wild players cost us the game. Can´t win a game from the penaltybox vs the best PP-team in NHL. Brattman had a 4 point night.
On the positive, Dean finally made major changes in game, I still can´t believe it. Going forward things should look way better.
Also, I got the triple whammy in the guessing game!

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
We need to trade for a dman.

That's a line I never thought I hear a Wild fan say; this team has not done a good job of developing players at all. O'Rourke should be ready. They aren't giving Hunt any time even though they re-called him. Lambos and Spacek at least are developing in the AHL - we'll see.

This team has been missing a top defenseman since....ever. They have never had a top defenseman. Suter was a good 2/3 guy, but this team needs a Pietroangelo, Doughty, Powers, Dahlin - SOMEONE.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
What do we accrue then, like $5,000 a day lol
I think its quite a bit more when we are able to do the paper deals to send guys down to "Iowa" and use their minor league salaries. We can roll 12/6 then as well for more cheap depth options that are more easy to manage if they are not playing well.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Is Deano in trouble? Only 2 wins in 10 games, 4 losses in a row. Red hot Rangers next...

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
That's a line I never thought I hear a Wild fan say; this team has not done a good job of developing players at all. O'Rourke should be ready. They aren't giving Hunt any time even though they re-called him. Lambos and Spacek at least are developing in the AHL - we'll see.

This team has been missing a top defenseman since....ever. They have never had a top defenseman. Suter was a good 2/3 guy, but this team needs a Pietroangelo, Doughty, Powers, Dahlin - SOMEONE.
You may be losing your memory if you think Powers and Dahlin right now are even close to Suter in his early years here, let alone several tiers ahead since you rate the NHL leading TOI defenseman a #2/3. Dahlin has just as many flaws as Suter did, for all the gifts that he has, he is dumb as a stump when it comes to actual defending. And Power is not much better in that regard though he does use his physical gifts reasonably well and still has the potential to improve that, but he isn't there yet, and reminder that neither of those players have ever even played in a playoff game.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
He might save himself a bit if he can keep the new lines together.
In the eyes of BG, he definitely saved some time for himself.

But I'm done. Even if we ended up 1st in the conference, it took Dean 9 games kicking and screaming plus one failed opening period to finally try out new lines. In the playoffs, you have 2 games at most to make that adjustment. Dean isn't going to be the guy that takes the team to the next level. And IMO, we need to start to bring in that new leader and slowly teach/mold his system into the team when the key youngers start coming in the next 1-2 years.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
You may be losing your memory if you think Powers and Dahlin right now are even close to Suter in his early years here, let alone several tiers ahead since you rate the NHL leading TOI defenseman a #2/3. Dahlin has just as many flaws as Suter did, for all the gifts that he has, he is dumb as a stump when it comes to actual defending. And Power is not much better in that regard though he does use his physical gifts reasonably well and still has the potential to improve that, but he isn't there yet, and reminder that neither of those players have ever even played in a playoff game.
Dahlin has 73 points in 78 games last season including 15 goals. Suter has never broken the double digits in goals and his career high was 20 points off of Dahlin.

Suter only led the Wild because a) his contract and b) they had no one better to throw out there ahead of Suter. He got more time on the PP and was seen as one of the 'franchise guys'. Minnesota paid Suter to be their number 1 defenseman and that's what they trotted him out to be. Suter was the equivalent of Koivu on defense.

Both Dahlin and Powers both have a lot of potential still; they are quite young and the defense side of things can take a bit.

The biggest issue with Suter was his offense never matched his defense, which is why he was better suited as a number 2 like the potential Faber has. His offense is what limited Suter.

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
Suter was a #1 2way D. But if you are talking about wanting someone that is tilted way more to the offensive side, no he was never a #1 in that regard.

Suter was never creating chances like this

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
My guy, what... Suter was absolutely a #1. Definitely a #2/3 AFTER his foot/ankle injury.
To me, Suter made an excellent #2 guy, but was pushed in the #1 role. He was a stud defensively, but so is Brodin and Brodin isn't seen as a number 1 guy either.

Suter was also a whopping -21 in the playoffs with 2...TWO...goals and 16 assists in 49 playoff games for Minnesota.

He never made any impact on the playoffs (I think there is one series he did okay) and the issues that Minnesota is being plagued with right now is the same one they had the issue with when Suter was here.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Dahlin has 73 points in 78 games last season including 15 goals. Suter has never broken the double digits in goals and his career high was 20 points off of Dahlin.

Suter only led the Wild because a) his contract and b) they had no one better to throw out there ahead of Suter. He got more time on the PP and was seen as one of the 'franchise guys'. Minnesota paid Suter to be their number 1 defenseman and that's what they trotted him out to be. Suter was the equivalent of Koivu on defense.

Both Dahlin and Powers both have a lot of potential still; they are quite young and the defense side of things can take a bit.

The biggest issue with Suter was his offense never matched his defense, which is why he was better suited as a number 2 like the potential Faber has. His offense is what limited Suter.
You can be a #1D without crazy point totals.

Doughty’s career high is 60 points. Pietrangelo’s is 54.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
To me, Suter made an excellent #2 guy, but was pushed in the #1 role. He was a stud defensively, but so is Brodin and Brodin isn't seen as a number 1 guy either.

Suter was also a whopping -21 in the playoffs with 2...TWO...goals and 16 assists in 49 playoff games for Minnesota.

He never made any impact on the playoffs (I think there is one series he did okay) and the issues that Minnesota is being plagued with right now is the same one they had the issue with when Suter was here.
Suter was better than Brodin at almost everything. Brodin is the guy you should be calling a #2/3

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
You can be a #1D without crazy point totals.

Doughty’s career high is 60 points. Pietrangelo’s is 54.
Doughty has multiple seasons with double digit goals and has almost four times as many goals in the playoffs than Suter.

Same with Pietroangelo.

I see Suter as the same as Spurgeon. Both are number 1 defensemen for the Wild but if you can upgrade, you should

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Doughty has multiple seasons with double digit goals and has almost four times as many goals in the playoffs than Suter.

Same with Pietroangelo.

I see Suter as the same as Spurgeon. Both are number 1 defensemen for the Wild but if you can upgrade, you should
So we measure #1 defensemen by goals now?

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I peaced out after we went down 4-2, so I missed the subsequent goals, but it appears Rossi had himself a 2 point game. If he's producing there, he should remain in the top-6. Do the right thing Dean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad