GDT: Game 10 | Detroit Red Wings vs. St. Louis Blues | 8:00 PM EST | FS-D (HD) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
STL did not play their best, and DRW had the better puck luck, but it was a very good and important win.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
We both hope he will though. Cheer's to hoping he realizes we are in a transition.. and that transition needs Tatar and Nyquist.

I think Tatar is the spark for the bottom 6 tonight.
And Mrazek was a spark for our defenders ("Do not hang out the new goalie tonight guys... shape up and play safe" - Ok coach :) )

I hear you, but they missed the boat on Smith last year.

Looks like they are making the same mistake again this year, but with forwards. Oh well.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Wings have an imploding Edmonton team coming to the Joe and the enigma wrapped in a mystery, AKA The Kings the next day. They should win both, but they should have beaten Calgary, so we will see.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Lets hope Frk It. We can hope.

We can always hope :)

Just glad that Tatar and Mrazek both played well tonight. Tatar really provided a new element to that 3rd line. Should be a no-brainer that one of Tatar or Nyquist needs to be a regular in the bottom 6 to bring an injection of puck possession and skating into the bottom 6.

Hopefully these guys playing well is going to continue to open doors for the rest of our young guys. That way hopefully management will have to react and start evaluating the veterans they have under contract to accommodate the prospect bottleneck we could potentially have, and put people in the right position.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
STL did not play their best, and DRW had the better puck luck, but it was a very good and important win.

Perfectly accurate breakdown. The Blues played the ****ttiest game of any I've seen this season, they made it much easier for the Wings. I'll take it. I will say the extra jump we had pressured them to cause errors and that's the name of the game.

We are a bi-polar bunch are we not? All of the sudden Cleary and Emmerton are heroes? They did nothing different than in the previous 9 games, just got fortunate with some good bounces. It's annoying to read this love/hate assessment of our team. They are all competent hockey players who can put the puck in any shift. Cleary could have 5 goals by now, it is possible. The Blues could have had 4 goals tonight, but look how many shots were deflected! Hockey is too fast and random to predict outcomes. You're only hope is to stay sharp and try hard when you get the opportunity.

Kindl's goal was luck and he needed that or it may well have been the last time we saw him. I rooted for him the instant it was posted he was playing tonight, but what a 1st. Falling down, fumbling the puck, giveaways, my goodness he made my defense of him shameful. Babcock may hove noted the goal was pure luck as well because I didn't notice Kindl on ice much in the 2nd, only in the 3rd after the game was already in the bag. Can't believe he gets this chance to shine and plays so nervous. :shakehead

ThankYouBasedGod

Oct 25, 2010
Saskatoon
Perfectly accurate breakdown. The Blues played the ****ttiest game of any I've seen this season, they made it much easier for the Wings. I'll take it. I will say the extra jump we had pressured them to cause errors and that's the name of the game.

We are a bi-polar bunch are we not? All of the sudden Cleary and Emmerton are heroes? They did nothing different than in the previous 9 games, just got fortunate with some good bounces. It's annoying to read this love/hate assessment of our team. They are all competent hockey players who can put the puck in any shift. Cleary could have 5 goals by now, it is possible. The Blues could have had 4 goals tonight, but look how many shots were deflected! Hockey is too fast and random to predict outcomes. You're only hope is to stay sharp and try hard when you get the opportunity.

Kindl's goal was luck and he needed that or it may well have been the last time we saw him. I rooted for him the instant it was posted he was playing tonight, but what a 1st. Falling down, fumbling the puck, giveaways, my goodness he made my defense of him shameful. Babcock may hove noted the goal was pure luck as well because I didn't notice Kindl on ice much in the 2nd, only in the 3rd after the game was already in the bag. Can't believe he gets this chance to shine and plays so nervous. :shakehead

I don't see why people can't celebrate the fact that they finally did something and I don't see anyone claiming them as heroes. Everyone has been acknowledging that Cleary still sucks ass and it's not like Emmerton has been bad this year, just your average fourth liner.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
I don't see why people can't celebrate the fact that they finally did something and I don't see anyone claiming them as heroes. Everyone has been acknowledging that Cleary still sucks ass and it's not like Emmerton has been bad this year, just your average fourth liner.

I'm saying let us not over react either way. I agree Emmerton has been passable and he surely earned that goal...3 Blues players let him have his way in front of the net and he buried his chance. But I won't hate on him if he doesn't pot one this weekend. Sorry it's a pretty stupid point I'm trying to make....

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I'm saying let us not over react either way. I agree Emmerton has been passable and he surely earned that goal...3 Blues players let him have his way in front of the net and he buried his chance. But I won't hate on him if he doesn't pot one this weekend. Sorry it's a pretty stupid point I'm trying to make....

Remember when everyone was riding Bertuzzi's dinkydoo after the Minnesota 2 goal outing? It happens, can't say that I like it, I would rather stick to my guns, but people here are a bit excitable.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Wings have an imploding Edmonton team coming to the Joe and the enigma wrapped in a mystery, AKA The Kings the next day. They should win both, but they should have beaten Calgary, so we will see.

We'll lose to Edmonton just because of special teams. And beat the Kings.

EDM has #3 pp and #7 PK:( We're ****ed either way.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008

Hitchcock was outcoached.. he thought he could bag skate his team to victory. ppfff!

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
We'll lose to Edmonton just because of special teams. And beat the Kings.

EDM has #3 pp and #7 PK:( We're ****ed either way.

But actually our bad play on special teams have mainly been on the road. We'll be home so we shall see.

Mickey Redmond*

Nov 2, 2010
St. Louis is not a good team. That said, I'll take the 2 points, a 4th place finish in the conference is not out of the question at this point.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ

Nice assessment. I always look forward to your posts-- even when I don't agree with them. I think this one is spot on though. :)

jroc86

Jun 12, 2012
Studying for a ****ing mosnter orthoexamso I only saw parts ... but I was impressed. I love the energy of the young legs of Mrazek and Tatar out there. Seriously, why Gus isnt upeither is beyond me. Their small and physically unimposing but their speed and skill is NHL ready ... even if their bottom 6 getem in there now. Stoked Brunner sniped ... AGAIN. 5 goals in the first 10 games - a month ago who would have beleived that? Great to see the bottom 6 wake up.

Franzen Zett Brunner
Nyquist Dats Bert
Tatar Filp Sammy
Abby Helm Toots
3 scoring ... 1 beastly checking/energy line.

Eaves/Emmerton on deck.

If Helm can get/stay healthy I like our chances on remaining a playoff team.

Cleary traded for a dman ... despite a better game today.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

The Blues were even worse in their last game, but good for Detroit keeping a foot on their neck. They didn't give them any confidence.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Isn't spearing an automatic 1 game suspension? Wonder if Franzen will get suspended as that wasn't really a spear, more of a slash?

That is a spear, straight up much like what Bolland did to him. So I expect nothing more, but we shall see, he used the end. Perron deserved it, too far but still that is a stupid hit. With his head history would have been interesting if Franzen just beat the living daylights out of him instead. I know people think he is soft, but he would absolutely demolish Perron if that is what it came to.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
That is a spear, straight up much like what Bolland did to him. So I expect nothing more, but we shall see, he used the end. Perron deserved it, too far but still that is a stupid hit. With his head history would have been interesting if Franzen just beat the living daylights out of him instead. I know people think he is soft, but he would absolutely demolish Perron if that is what it came to.

tbh he Franzen shouldve just dropped one glove and cold clocked him Domi style. Hopefully Perron wouldve injured his shoulder after falling KOed to the ice.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
So every line got a goal last night. Nice. Good for Mrazek too. Looking forward to watching it when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad