GDT: Game 10 | Detroit Red Wings vs. St. Louis Blues | 8:00 PM EST | FS-D (HD) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Easily the best overall team effort we've seen this season. I don't know if the stats will back it up, but Detroit seemed to block a lot of shots and help out Mrazek in the defensive zone.

Tatar adds an element to the 3rd line. An element called puck control. I really like how he looked at his options when he entered the offensive zone. He's got a lot of confidence with the puck and his back check at the end of the game was great.

The coaching move by Babcock ended up being brilliant. When I first seen it I was surprised, but it definitely worked out how he had hoped. Great team effort.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Tatar was one of our best players tonight, and not just because he's a rookie. He made a lot happen.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Easily the best overall team effort we've seen this season. I don't know if the stats will back it up, but Detroit seemed to block a lot of shots and help out Mrazek in the defensive zone.

Tatar adds an element to the 3rd line. An element called puck control. I really like how he looked at his options when he entered the offensive zone. He's got a lot of confidence with the puck and his back check at the end of the game was great.

The coaching move by Babcock ended up being brilliant. When I first seen it I was surprised, but it definitely worked out how he had hoped. Great team effort.

I really liked Tatar out there. He looks equally good to brunner IMO (only more passy, less shooty)

Really hope he stays on the roster.

KH make room for him to stay!!

Thats My Hat

Jan 27, 2012
London, Ontario
Tatar with an assist and 2 shots.
Brunner with a goal and 2 shots.
Lashoff with 20:18 minutes of ice time, 3rd most on the team, but only 4 seconds behind White, and a +1 rating.
Mrazek with 27 saves, and a .963 SV%.

I think Kenny might be learning a valuable lesson this season in allowing the rookies to play in the NHL.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Tatar with an assist and 2 shots.
Brunner with a goal and 2 shots.
Lashoff with 20:18 minutes of ice time, 3rd most on the team, but only 4 seconds behind White, and a +1 rating.
Mrazek with 27 saves, and a .963 SV%.

I think Kenny might be learning a valuable lesson this season in allowing the rookies to play in the NHL.

Damnit they learned Kenny!

You Basturds!

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Mrazek seemed more nervous for the interview than he did the whole game :D

He was great tonight, and so was the whole team really except for a couple of guys. Fantastic game!

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
If you guys think we are going to continually healthy scratch or waive someone so Tatar can stay up on the Wings, then you guys don't know the Wings very well.

we like our team*

who would have thought a few years ago that ericsson would one day be our most stable dman

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
If you guys think we are going to continually healthy scratch or waive someone so Tatar can stay up on the Wings, then you guys don't know the Wings very well.

I dont know Frk It, he looked much better than Mursak or Emmerton ever have in their first games, and he scored tonight.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
who would have thought a few years ago that ericsson would one day be our most stable dman

If you read this board at that time, there was not a single person on here who would have seen that coming.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I dont know Frk It, he looked much better than Mursak or Emmerton ever have in their first games, and he scored tonight.

That's not what it's about. He looked great, and I believe he deserves to be there.

But that's not how the Red Wings operate. If holland's two choices are waive someone, or stash tatar in GR. He's gonna stash Tatar in GR. Nyquist and Tatar are both good enough to be on the roster, there just buried behind way too many forwards that are under contract. And Holland's not just gona start dumping people, and Babs isn't going to scratch people to put one of them in for more than a few games.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
If you read this board at that time, there was not a single person on here who would have seen that coming.

Stable is probably the one positive attribute most people would have accepted given his frame. Truth is, look at the rest of the D, it's probably more of a negative on them than anything else.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
That's not what it's about. He looked great, and I believe he deserves to be there.

But that's not how the Red Wings operate. If holland's two choices are waive someone, or stash tatar in GR. He's gonna stash Tatar in GR. Nyquist and Tatar are both good enough to be on the roster, there just buried behind way too many forwards that are under contract. And Holland's not just gona start dumping anyone.

We both hope he will though. Cheer's to hoping he realizes we are in a transition.. and that transition needs Tatar and Nyquist.

I think Tatar is the spark for the bottom 6 tonight.
And Mrazek was a spark for our defenders ("Do not hang out the new goalie tonight guys... shape up and play safe" - Ok coach :) )

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Stable is probably the one positive attribute most people would have accepted given his frame. Truth is, look at the rest of the D, it's probably more of a negative on them than anything else.

Everything is relative, so that definitely helps Ericsson's perception be higher than what it should be. But he has come a long way from what he used to be, nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad