GDT: Game 10: Columbus at St. Louis | 11/5 7PM

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
There are a few signs, some small - some a little bigger, that this man has done an amount of genuflecting about himself, his coaching style, and the effect of that upon other human beings around him. A "softer - gentler Coach Torts" would draw guffaws from many.

I suspect rather than a "softer, gentler" Coach Torts, he's a more refined and more nuanced Coach Torts. Time will tell if he's less mercurial.

Light the Lamp

Apr 21, 2015
I think most people are missing Tort's point. He is trying to push this team to a new level. CBJ just got 3 points in a B2B. In the past it would have been a "pat on the back," good job team take the day off.

Torts felt some players (veterans) who could have given a better effort. Torts is challenging these guys and I LOVE IT! These veterans are getting paid a nice salary and need to put on the big boy pants.

If Tort's didn't think they could do it, he wouldn't say a word.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Torts didn't call out names but:

It's not the captain.

It's not the goalies.

It's not the rookies.

Third in GA. It's not the D. A lot of people on the mains think JJ is trash. I thought he was good again in St. Louis and had some intensity. Will need him to step up now with Jones out.

It's not only scoring points.

It's bringing your best every night. The intensity.

Our vets (forwards) need to play as hard as our younger players.

When the work goes up the points will come.

They know who they are.

Let's see who responds.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/blogs/puck-rakers/2016/11/saad-slides-in-lineup.html

Looks like Saad is in the doghouse as a result of Saturday. Good teaching moment by Torts - a young guy like Saad needs to know you have to bring it all the time, and a momentary lapse in effort can cost your team the game.

It would be too easy for Torts to call out Dubi or Boone - those guys know they're playing like crap.

In order for the Jackets to make the playoffs, they can't let up, and I think Torts wants to make sure there's always an edge to them, and if that means calling out a guy like Saad, so be it.

Light the Lamp

Apr 21, 2015
http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/blogs/puck-rakers/2016/11/saad-slides-in-lineup.html

Looks like Saad is in the doghouse as a result of Saturday. Good teaching moment by Torts - a young guy like Saad needs to know you have to bring it all the time, and a momentary lapse in effort can cost your team the game.

It would be too easy for Torts to call out Dubi or Boone - those guys know they're playing like crap.

In order for the Jackets to make the playoffs, they can't let up, and I think Torts wants to make sure there's always an edge to them, and if that means calling out a guy like Saad, so be it.

Its not about teaching Saad, its about teaching the entire organization. Holding vets accountable for lack of effort and showing the team everyone is equal is such an important message.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
It's also an endorsement of how Foligno has conducted himself as Captain so far this season.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Now looks like Saad may be a healthy scratch for tomorrow night's game per Porty. If so, guess that means we see Milano.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad