GDT: GAME #10 - Canucks @ Blue Jackets - 3:00 p.m, Sportsnet-VAN (NOT Pacific)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pseudonymous*

If his line scored 27 goals and got scored on 0 times (which is what they're on pace for) they would be incredibly valuable over 82 games. And I'm sorry but who the **** cares how much he's paid right now? He's on the team and we don't have any better way to spend that money so why keep *****ing about it?

is that what you think his line does?

and do you ever consider all the little things? how about , having a crappy pp because your team is full of those kind of players?

StIllmatic

Mar 27, 2010
Vancouver
If it got through Daniel was wide open. Not all plays work out. But you guys like to **** on Kesler any chance so I'm not surprised

I agree that was a good low risk high reward play and he didn't have much of an option there. People are so impatient, it's frustrating.

Pseudonymous*

I think it's time to do this.

Sedin sedin kassian
Higgins kesler Hansen

ive had it with teams promising stuff and not coming through on any of it... its funny they said it would be a sink or swim season for kassian and how he was going to get every opportunity...

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
If his line scored 27 goals and got scored on 0 times (which is what they're on pace for) they would be incredibly valuable over 82 games. And I'm sorry but who the **** cares how much he's paid right now? He's on the team, we don't have any better way to spend that money so why keep *****ing about it?

This is ridiculous. So, because we're talking about the Canucks - aka the good guys - cap hits are suddenly irrelevant and we shouldn't care about it? Cap hits and contracts are a huge topic of discussion on these boards and in the hockey world in general so don't pretend that in this case it doesn't matter. Good grief.

Even in your scenario, Booth still isn't worth his cap hit. It would be quite the feat if Booth's line went the whole season without being scored on but you're talking like his offensive production is totally insignificant.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
I want:

Higgins-Sedin-Kesler
Sedin-Santorelli-Kassian
Booth-Richardson-Hansen
Sestito-Welsh-Weise

I think having Welsh it brings energy and helps that 4th line a lot. If he can keep it up and show his talent in a few more games he wins that position.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
I like that we're ignoring the elephant in the room, which is the fact that Booth has played like 20 games in the last year or more. He's winning battles, and he's not getting scored on. As long as that base is there, then you have to give him a good while to get back into the swing of things.

Besides, what other option do they even have? If he's so horrible, then he's clearly not going to be in a trade unless the Canucks give up assets to move him.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Even in your scenario, Booth still isn't worth his cap hit. It would be quite the feat if Booth's line went the whole season without being scored on but you're talking like his offensive production is totally insignificant.

I guess that's why we don't see eye to eye on Hodgson. Offensive production is only valuable in so far that it allows you to get ahead of what you give up defensively. So yeah, a player that can go +27 on the year while not getting sheltered minutes, even if he only has 20 points, would be very valuable. Of course that player isn't Booth, we're just talking hypotheticals at this point.

Towel-Power

GoCanucksGo
Apr 1, 2007
HomeoftheClassless
This is ridiculous. So, because we're talking about the Canucks - aka the good guys - cap hits are suddenly irrelevant and we shouldn't care about it? Cap hits and contracts are a huge topic of discussion on these boards and in the hockey world in general so don't pretend that in this case it doesn't matter. Good grief.

Yeah I gotta agree with you here. I hope Booth turns it around but it's ridiculous to try to justify his cap hit and his play right now. You can see that he's trying though.

Pseudonymous*

What are you asking me exactly? That's what they're on pace for right now, as I said.

small sample size. and come playoff time, i believe he'll be ineffective..

you can take all the stats in the world but ive definitely faced the fact that we need to replace these ineffective players... you dont win with passengers like booth.

i can't wait until canucks have some players with 'hands'

theres so many guys that you can say that about, hansen, higgins, etc - we have sooo many of those players and too many of them are the reason we keep doing nothing in the playoffs.

while theyre great, we have too many. i thank god we got rid of raymond, regardless whether hes a good player or not. i think the same about booth

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
while booth looks like ass out there, we're also currently paying a guy 5 million who's put up the same number of points so far this season

Yep, and I've been highly critical of him too. Problem is too many people here are such blind homers. There's excuses for every underperforming Canuck and it's annoying because some of those excuses are so incredibly stupid and would likely not apply to any player on another team in the same exact scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad