GDT: Game #10: Canadiens vs Coyotes - 7:00pm (AZ) -

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
One thing I was able to glean from your incoherent rant is that you're discussing this forum with the wife :laugh:, I'm obviously in your kitchen LOL!

Agreed and painfully obvious to me, we'll see what Bear does, or hopefully doesn't do at some point. If he goes that route, he's better have some big, mean D out there with them.
If you think I discuss anything with my wife about what's on this board you are crazy. She's too busy getting educated watching National Geographic and the like. Not sure what kitchen you think you are in, it's not mine.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Montreal beat writer had post game thoughts on the loss….

Tell the frog to stay in his own city. He's trying to look tough by imitating RT. Maybe we can get ex rancher, ex hockey player, ex fleet salesman to take him out behind the barn and do a Goti imitation.;)

Reactions: YotesFan47

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
If you think I discuss anything with my wife about what's on this board you are crazy. She's too busy getting educated watching National Geographic and the like. Not sure what kitchen you think you are in, it's not mine.
Your words, not mine :laugh:
And not a fleet salesman, National account rep
Tell the frog to stay in his own city. He's trying to look tough by imitating RT. Maybe we can get ex rancher, ex hockey player, ex fleet salesman to take him out behind the barn and do a Goti imitation.;)
Not this one. Unfortunately, dudes got a point.

Last edited:

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Your words, not mine :laugh:

Not this one. Unfortunately, dudes got a point.
If this rebuild goes south, leading to more years of sub par attendance, than I'll have no issue with someone saying the team should be moved. This is our first, real rebuild. Our arena will hopefully be in a supportable location as well, with hockey as it's driving force. I want to see those things happen before I open my heart to letting them go.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
People just don't want to accept that we won't have stability or an increase in attendance until we get a new arena or shovels in the ground for one.

"If you build it, they will come" lol

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Except dude has whined about the Coyotes forever. He’s another Gary Lawless.

He should stick to writing about his team’s woes instead of using the arena as an excuse.
Hey, I don’t want it to happen, I don’t even think it will happen, doesn’t change the reality whatsoever.
Yeah, these types are annoying, maybe not as annoying as our lack of support though.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Hey, I don’t want it to happen, I don’t even think it will happen, doesn’t change the reality whatsoever.
Yeah, these types are annoying, maybe not as annoying as our lack of support though.
Lack of support. Well, two decades of mostly losing, and threat of moving will do that to most fan base, in any city. Winning is all that matters. When this team starts to get into the playoffs on a regular bases, there won't be any talk of attendance.

People just don't want to accept that we won't have stability or an increase in attendance until we get a new arena or shovels in the ground for one.

"If you build it, they will come" lol
New arena will help short term, but winning helps long term.

Reactions: Kai Yo T

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
New arena will help short term, but winning helps long term.
I know Jakey but stability, which fans want, cant happen without an arena. The point was that the fan base won't grow without one and the guy that wrote the article doesn't get that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jakey53

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ
Everyone commenting on the fact that the Mullet doesn't always sell all 5000 seats
is missing the proverbial "forest through the trees". If there were tickets priced in the
$40-$60 range, my wife and I would attend 5-6 games a year, now we're limited to 1-2
games a year You can get Kings tickets against the Penguins for $30. A family of 5 can see that game for $150 (+ service charge). That same family of 5 will pay $600 (+ service charge) for a Coyotes game. So that family of 5 is probably not attending any Coyotes games, they would probably go to the Kings games. That D***head from Montreal has no comprehension of what
kind of commitment has to be made for a family to consider spending that kind of money to go
to a Coyotes game. Everyone on here defending him, must be really well off to not recognize this.

The last year in Glendale when the Coyotes were in a complete rebuild and definitely tanking they were averaging 11600 per game (their worst year in attendance before Mullet). Why aren't they drawing some of those fans, THE COST OF TICKETS!!!

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Everyone commenting on the fact that the Mullet doesn't always sell all 5000 seats
is missing the proverbial "forest through the trees". If there were tickets priced in the
$40-$60 range, my wife and I would attend 5-6 games a year, now we're limited to 1-2
games a year You can get Kings tickets against the Penguins for $30. A family of 5 can see that game for $150 (+ service charge). That same family of 5 will pay $600 (+ service charge) for a Coyotes game. So that family of 5 is probably not attending any Coyotes games, they would probably go to the Kings games. That D***head from Montreal has no comprehension of what
kind of commitment has to be made for a family to consider spending that kind of money to go
to a Coyotes game. Everyone on here defending him, must be really well off to not recognize this.

The last year in Glendale when the Coyotes were in a complete rebuild and definitely tanking they were averaging 11600 per game (their worst year in attendance before Mullet). Why aren't they drawing some of those fans, THE COST OF TICKETS!!!
In any rink the lower bowl generally costs as much as present Coyote's tickets and seats more than 5000 so your argument, while legit about cost, does not hold water in regards to filling the small arena or the next arena. This is an issue no matter how much people want to blame the messenger.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.

Capacity appears to be 4600 not 5000. Attendance at all of the regular season games to date this season has been sold out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matias Maccete

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Capacity appears to be 4600 not 5000. Attendance at all of the regular season games to date this season has been sold out.
Why all the empty seats though? I've already been to three home games so I know about all the people out of their seats walking around during the game, but we either are selling out or we're not. Someone needs to settle this because it's all I read about outside of this market. Craig talked about this on the PHNX podcast the other night and did say these games are all sold out. Lots of empties though.

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
Why all the empty seats though? I've already been to three home games so I know about all the people out of their seats walking around during the game, but we either are selling out or we're not. Someone needs to settle this because it's all I read about outside of this market. Craig talked about this on the PHNX podcast the other night and did say these games are all sold out. Lots of empties though.
Corporate seats?
Or maybe uncle Gary told Muruelo he had to buy up any unsold seats so the naysayers can't bitch? :dunno:

Wishful thinking on the gloomdoomers I know.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
So I haven't done this this year, but if you go to the coyotes/ticketmaster site, what do you see?

I think, yes a lot of the empty seats are corporate seats that aren't resold, and people for whom a couple hundred bucks is no big deal. "Hey I can't go, you wanna go? No? Ok." And they don't care enough to resell.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
In any rink the lower bowl generally costs as much as present Coyote's tickets and seats more than 5000 so your argument, while legit about cost, does not hold water in regards to filling the small arena or the next arena. This is an issue no matter how much people want to blame the messenger.
Yep, it’s all relative as well, less can attend, but there ar so many less seats.

So I haven't done this this year, but if you go to the coyotes/ticketmaster site, what do you see?

I think, yes a lot of the empty seats are corporate seats that aren't resold, and people for whom a couple hundred bucks is no big deal. "Hey I can't go, you wanna go? No? Ok." And they don't care enough to resell.
They can give them away.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I want to try and remember to look at Ticketmaster about 30 mins. before the next game starts, see what availability looks like.

Maybe get a better idea if it's really sold tickets and no shows or if they're lying about that.

Reactions: Kaizen

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Outside of washrooms and getting food, I don’t know why someone would be wandering the concourse? Especially during the periods.

Reactions: Kai Yo T

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Outside of washrooms and getting food, I don’t know why someone would be wandering the concourse? Especially during the periods.

I've taken in games from the concourse for parts of periods. You get a different angle and are still only about 16-20 rows up. You have a lot more space to chat too. They have areas that make it really easy to stand and watch (which is nice if you get antsy sitting in tight spots)

Reactions: Summer Rose

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ
I went to the Coyotes-Kings game this year and paid $40 for lower bowl seats on the resale market. The lower bowl was about 1/3 empty. I don't know how closely you follow other teams, but the Kings are one of the better teams in the league and there were so many empty seats.
Maybe LA just isn't a hockey market? The team is really good too.

One more thing, if you ever see Coyotes seats on the resale market for under $60 (I guarantee you won't), please let me know. I'll scoop them right up! Although I'm sure they won't last, so you'll have to be quick!

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Drop a team like Vegas or Colorado in here and it would be packed.
Sure, fans of the opponent!
Been to a game yet this season yourself there Jakey? Last season? Year before?
Be honest big fella.

I want to try and remember to look at Ticketmaster about 30 mins. before the next game starts, see what availability looks like.

Maybe get a better idea if it's really sold tickets and no shows or if they're lying about that.
They're advertising seats for games the day before the game. If there aren't on Ticket Master a phone call to (480) whatever puck might reveal availability. The asshats are big time liars and I put nothing past them.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Sure, fans of the opponent!
Been to a game yet this season yourself there Jakey? Last season? Year before?
Be honest big fella.

They're advertising seats for games the day before the game. If there aren't on Ticket Master a phone call to (480) whatever puck might reveal availability. The asshats are big time liars and I put nothing past them.
Do you trust anyone? :)

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Not to mention, its really too small to wander :laugh:
Having said that, some will elect to stay up at the club and that is part of the openness behind the benches, but does not explain openness in the corners, ends and sides.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Do you trust anyone? :)
Well, I'm not what's considered an overly trusting individual. I certainly don't make a habit of trusting blundering bs artists.

How about it Jakey? When was the last time that you a valley hockey fan, frequenter of this forum, former Canadian, proud sandwich artist and owner of Subway franchise, or whatever it is you do, with change to spare, has do been to a game?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mosby

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad