GDT: Game #10: Canadiens vs Coyotes - 7:00pm (AZ) -

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
The points, or the toi?
Gotta limit Cooley’s toi, BIG jump in grind from college to pro.
Hayton’s points should come, his main job is to work his ass off, get abused in front of the net, creating time and space for his highly entertaining, highly skilled linemates.
Just the Hayton points and TOI. A 1C between Keller and Schmaltz can’t have zero points in 10 games. Yeah, they’ll come and probably in bunches but 0 for 10?!?!

Agree on Cooley…he’ll likely hit the wall at some point the 2nd half….especially with how hard he plays.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I've been thinking the same thing. We also have a slot open on the LW which would be cool to fill with Lafreniere.

Keller - Cooley - Schmaltz
Maccelli - Geekie - Crouse
Lafreniere - Hayton - But
Doan - McBain - Guenther

That's a crowded group, and oodles of depth would still be in Tucson.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
We may be seeing that Hayton is going to be a long-term 3C for this team and possibly a very good one. With McBain having the potential to be the most unique and valuable 4C in the NHL. This means we have a lot riding on Cooley and Geekie. Wouldn’t hurt to keep drafting centers just in case.
makes me wish Catton was about 2 inches taller.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Not a Lafreniere fan...so next season

Keller/Cooley/Schmaltz
Maccelli/Geekie/Guenther
Crouse/Hayton/Doan
Jenik/McBain/Carcone
...but we'll need to sign Willie Nylander just to make it to the floor.
Crouse/Cooley/Nylander
Keller/Hayton/Schmaltz
Maccelli/McBain/Guenther
Carcone/Geekie/Doan

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Of course he does, Bear actually knows the game. All three interviewed know the game better than this forum combined.

Bear also addressed adversity and that is what I tried getting through your cranium, regarding your quickness to juggle lines…. Bear was teaching/coaching. The big picture supersedes a single game, particularly with a young team at this stage of the season.

Had to laugh, Morgan apparently reads this forum and addressed the absurdity of a knee jerk move to remove Hayton from Schmaltz/Keller.

Schmaltz (yet again), also addressed the value of Hayton.

Is it sinking in yet buddy?

Edit: now that the genuine prick in me is somewhat satisfied: Your McBain idea wasn’t terrible, just premature…. I’m sure you can ask your wife about that! :laugh:
To be honest, what is Bear or Schmaltz going to say? IF we had someone with more talent, Hayton would have been pulled off that line a long time ago. Hayton, McBain or Bjugstad are all very close talent wise, and with the other three lines pulling the weight the last few games I don't think Bear would have been wise to shuffle the lines. My wife answered your question by saying it's only a matter of time. It's when, not if. :laugh: The same answer would apply when asking how long Hayton remains on the first line.:nod:

We may be seeing that Hayton is going to be a long-term 3C for this team and possibly a very good one. With McBain having the potential to be the most unique and valuable 4C in the NHL. This means we have a lot riding on Cooley and Geekie. Wouldn’t hurt to keep drafting centers just in case.
I agree. I think Cooley will be at worst a very good 2C, not sure what to think of Geekie yet.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I've been thinking the same thing. We also have a slot open on the LW which would be cool to fill with Lafreniere.

Keller - Cooley - Schmaltz
Maccelli - Geekie - Crouse
Lafreniere - Hayton - But
Doan - McBain - Guenther

That's a crowded group, and oodles of depth would still be in Tucson.
God no. The last thing we need is for Kels, Cools and Schmaltz to form the "1/2 pint line." They will get beaten into submission. Cooley needs at least one big/physical winger. Keller and Schmaltz need a bigger center than Cooley..

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
God no. The last thing we need is for Kels, Cools and Schmaltz to form the "1/2 pint line." They will get beaten into submission. Cooley needs at least one big/physical winger. Keller and Schmaltz need a bigger center than Cooley..
Cooley will get better in time and we seem to be building a lot of our size on the back end. If we had multiple pint sized lines I'd be concerned, but many of our forwards are bigger, with other big guys in the pipeline. If that trio can dominate offensively, and force teams to put their best defending players on the ice, it creates space for the other 3 lines to also dominate.

I agree with you if the team is smaller as a whole, that doesn't appear to be the plan though.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I’d be less worried about that as other teams would be unable to keep up with the speed and precision of a true first line. More worried about the offensive imbalance across the other forward lines.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
To be honest, what is Bear or Schmaltz going to say? IF we had someone with more talent, Hayton would have been pulled off that line a long time ago. Hayton, McBain or Bjugstad are all very close talent wise, and with the other three lines pulling the weight the last few games I don't think Bear would have been wise to shuffle the lines. My wife answered your question by saying it's only a matter of time. It's when, not if. :laugh: The same answer would apply when asking how long Hayton remains on the first line.:nod:

I agree. I think Cooley will be at worst a very good 2C, not sure what to think of Geekie yet.
One thing I was able to glean from your incoherent rant is that you're discussing this forum with the wife :laugh:, I'm obviously in your kitchen LOL!

Agreed and painfully obvious to me, we'll see what Bear does, or hopefully doesn't do at some point. If he goes that route, he's better have some big, mean D out there with them.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad