GDT: Game #10: Canadiens vs Coyotes - 7:00pm (AZ) -

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Still takes an effort. Even giving to charity, they can't take them at the last minute because they have to make arrangements etc. Etc.

So there's your opportunity, start givemeyourtix.com :laugh:
I’ll leave it to you, I’m not defending the fans here.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
It may already have.
You do think empty seats at a tiny arena doesn’t further push a lack of interest narrative?

If those seats are “sold” it doesn’t matter unless staring at empty seats is your thing.

I’m currently watching Winnipeg fans who used to slam this franchise to no end now trying to come up with all sorts of explanations to them suddenly facing 4000+ empty seats each home game in their own barn…. including playing whataboutism with Mullett.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
If those seats are “sold” it doesn’t matter unless staring at empty seats is your thing.
FWIW, which might be nothing, I went on the TM site to figure out how many *non resale* seats currently remain for the Kraken game.

I counted 205. So, 4%? With 2 days left? Those empties might *look* bad, but....we're fine.

Reactions: Kaizen

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017

I’m currently watching Winnipeg fans who used to slam this franchise to no end now trying to come up with all sorts of explanations to them suddenly facing 4000+ empty seats each home game in their own barn…. including playing whataboutism with Mullett.
Agee on the of sold, but couldn’t care less about Winnipeg.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
FWIW, which might be nothing, I went on the TM site to figure out how many *non resale* seats currently remain for the Kraken game.

I counted 205. So, 4%? With 2 days left? Those empties might *look* bad, but....we're fine.
205 with a population for Phoenix of 1.6 million and an arena with 4,500 capacity does not look at all good and that’s if you believe the only tix on are TM.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Lol. Where else would they be?
There's two measures 1) ticket sales and 2) attendance.

You're investigating 1) and it's the one that matters more for franchise revenue.

@Coyotedroppings is talking about 2) because it might reflect how much excess demand there is for ticket sales once there's a bigger arena built. Empty seats imply a softer re-sale market (Stub Hub etc) for tickets.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017

You're investigating 1) and it's the one that matters more for franchise revenue.

@Coyotedroppings is talking about 2) because it might reflect how much excess demand there is for ticket sales once there's a bigger arena built. Empty seats imply a softer re-sale market (Stub Hub etc) for tickets.
Well, yes and no. There are other sales outlets then TM and I don't trust the asshats to list all tix available on TM anyway. One would need to track and look for tix suddenly showing up (yeah, that's a reach), but the ticket sales via phone may be hiding more available seats, not shown on TM.
Of course I don't trust these guys. :D

Dirty Old Man

Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

I've gone to over 200 games since 2012 (207 if you want the exact number). I am very much aware of what it looks like, where and how many empty seats there are and have been, and how and why that's perceived the way it is. All too aware.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I've gone to over 200 games since 2012 (207 if you want the exact number). I am very much aware of what it looks like, where and how many empty seats there are and have been, and how and why that's perceived the way it is. All too aware.
I went to sub-7000 nights in Glendale back in the day. Pretty brutal.

Also been to sellouts. Not so brutal.

Reactions: Dirty Old Man

Dirty Old Man

Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I went to sub-7000 nights in Glendale back in the day. Pretty brutal.

Also been to sellouts. Not so brutal.
The best/worst in Glendale was when I went over from my seats along the side upstairs to one of the sections in the attack 1x end, and I was the. only. one. in. the. section.

I spied my friend and his wife in their seats in the lower deck, which was also pretty sparsely populated, and texted him "hey, look up in Section 227 (or whichever one)"...watched him look around and then spot me waving at him, he smiles and shakes his head.

Reactions: GiveAFlyingPuck

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I remember the night we had 2400 for a weekday game right after the bankruptcy. That was not fun at all.
So ironic that that was 2009-10 which was the best team in franchise history.

That was also my first year of fandom for the team as a kid. Went to a game on Halloween. Had 6,000 people.

Last edited:
Reactions: Summer Rose

Dirty Old Man

Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
So ironic that that was 2009-10 which was the best team in franchise history.

That was also my first year of fandom for the team as a kid. Went to a game on Halloween. Had 6,000 people.
I remember one of those - my neighbor I split season tickets with had this tradition where we'd sit in his driveway, give out candy and drink beers. One of those it was also a weeknight game vs....Nashville I think and I remember thinking "oh, boy, the attendance figures are gonna be ug-lee. non-marquee team on a weeknight in October, and Halloween to boot".

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I remember one of those - my neighbor I split season tickets with had this tradition where we'd sit in his driveway, give out candy and drink beers. One of those it was also a weeknight game vs....Nashville I think and I remember thinking "oh, boy, the attendance figures are gonna be ug-lee. non-marquee team on a weeknight in October, and Halloween to boot".

I just remember it being cold as hell in that arena without any body heat around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad