GDT: Game # 10 Bruins ( 7-1-1 ) @ Barfalo (5-6-1 ) 7PM Sunday NESN & 98.5 Sports Hub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizarro Bandwagoner

Jan 30, 2010
Maine
The more Scott is on the ice, the better. So leave him alone unless he does something stupid...and then try not to get hurt. Definitely don't want Chara going with him with his poor balance during fights.

Vanek will obviously have a huge game but the B's should be well rested and fired up for this one. HERE WE GO BRUINS, HERE WE GO! :handclap::handclap:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
No offense, but did you even watch the last game? If the B's "bullies" start to play like they don't care that Scott is out there then I won't care either.

C`mon Colt, pretty sure you know me by now, and what I`m saying is that although I want them to play hard, physical, tough, why on earth would any of them waste one second of their time dropping the mitts with that bafoon then sitting in the box for it?

If this team formulates a game plan in and around the 4-5 minutes of TOI Scott receives nightly, they are in trouble and I suspect they won`t. This team can still play their tough game without wasting one bit of energy on that pilon, Scott will shoot himself in the foot without any assistance from anyone.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
C`mon Colt, pretty sure you know me by now, and what I`m saying is that although I want them to play hard, physical, tough, why on earth would any of them waste one second of their time dropping the mitts with that bafoon then sitting in the box for it?

If this team formulates a game plan in and around the 4-5 minutes of TOI Scott receives nightly, they are in trouble and I suspect they won`t. This team can still play their tough game without wasting one bit of energy on that pilon, Scott will shoot himself in the foot without any assistance from anyone.

True.

I would expect they would plan a way to stop Vanek from embarrassing them instead.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Game plan. Stop vanek and their first line. Without them I have zero concerns. I want chara and seids on as a shutdown pair.

Let Scott play he's pathetic chara and lucic better not fight him

81ragnaH

May 29, 2007
Lynn, MA
Everyone here's talking about Scott...screw him, someone go after Stafford for elbowing Dougie in the chin. Thankfully he wasn't injured, but set the precedent that if you so much as sneeze at him you're gonna need a plastic surgeon and a new nose.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Nice GDT Thanks !!

I want 2 points and no injuries.

Please don't let Vanek ruin my night.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :handclap::handclap:

1. Which will Rich Peverley end up with ? ( + / - / 0 )
2. Will Thomas Vanek get a 2nd period goal ? ( Y / N )
3. Which Bruin will have the most ice time , non goaltneder ? Seids
4. Will that team that scores first win this game ? ( Y / N )
5. Which will there be most of ? ( SH Goals / PP Goals / ES Goals )
6. Will Rich Peverley get an assist this game ? ( Y / N )
7. Will there be a period with zero goals scored ? ( Y / N )
8. In which period will the Bruins get the most shots ? ( 1 / 2 / 3 )
9. Which will Thomas Vanek end up with ? ( + / - / 0 )
10. Will there be an empty net goal in the game ? ( Y / N )

TB . How many shootout goals will be scored Sunday in all of the six games ? 1

RedBruin

Jul 4, 2010
Germany
Everyone here's talking about Scott...screw him, someone go after Stafford for elbowing Dougie in the chin. Thankfully he wasn't injured, but set the precedent that if you so much as sneeze at him you're gonna need a plastic surgeon and a new nose.

I concur. :nod:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Same script around here. Ignore the teams like Toronto and buffalo who can actually stand up for themselves but impose your physical will on the Habs and Canes. Sorry but that is fake tough.

Bruins had 17 hits last time - had a player beaten down and knocked out for a week plus - and were the recipients of two big time elbows. Oh yeah 7 goals against on home ice too. They were embarrassed on all fronts. If the bruins go in there only worried about the two points then they are not the team I thought they were.

agreen23

Jun 23, 2012
Is Vanek really at an ~2 PPG clip? Unreal.

2 for Vanek.
2 for Segs.
2 helpers from Hamilton. 1 on the PP.
Scott is -2 with 4 minutes TOI and no fights for the goon.
Looch takes a run at Stafford first time they're on the ice together.
Gloves drop early and often but its not staged.

Bs win 5-3.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Good read.

CHRISTOPHER L. GASPER
It’s time for the NHL to stop the fights

http://bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/...on-syndrome/XU7frZzx7T8DNN6aC2XoIO/story.html

Whats next, no punching/kicking in boxing, mma, then we should erase any evidence of high impact sports from our history less our children mimic them.

While they are it roller skating and bicycle riding are damn dangerous he should write a story about that. He also should not forget stairs, slippery surfaces, and bad food. Very dangerous.

These guys need to not watch the sport if the "violence" is too much. The players will determine when they have had enough, then the sport can die. Not when the bleeding hearts move from cause to cause in the name of a "...better society" leaving a barren waste land in their wake.

Sick of these people and their useless prattle. :shakehead

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
hoping for a win on all fronts: scoring, hitting, faceoffs, puck control, shots, fights, forced turnovers, etc.,

I want to see the B's beat these pukes.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Same script around here. Ignore the teams like Toronto and buffalo who can actually stand up for themselves but impose your physical will on the Habs and Canes. Sorry but that is fake tough.

Bruins had 17 hits last time - had a player beaten down and knocked out for a week plus - and were the recipients of two big time elbows. Oh yeah 7 goals against on home ice too. They were embarrassed on all fronts. If the bruins go in there only worried about the two points then they are not the team I thought they were.

Mte.

I'm not scared of John Scott or ANYONE on that team. Play to win. Be physical. And fight if you have to. Be disciplined, but go out there and agitate, and intimidate. If a fight comes of it, good. I don't care if we lose it. Stick up for youself and your teammates. Thornton vs Scott was dumb because it was staged, and was about nothing really. Let him come after us for a reason. We are the toughest team in the league. No reason why we should stop that against a team who is also physical.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Here were the lines at morning skate:

Seguin - Krejci - Lucic/Marchand
Horton - Bergeron - Peverley
Bourque - Kelly - Tardiff
Thornton - Campbell - Paille/Macdermid

Completely different looking 2nd line if that's who Claude goes with.
Not so jazzed about the 3rd.
Looks like the league's best 4th line will be back together :)

Finally, seems as though Seguin will be on Krejci's wing. I'm not sure why they are swapping between Marchand and Lucic. I know it's only been a few shifts total over the last couple seasons but Seguin plays really really well with Lucic. Plus Lucic's net drive and physicality make him a perfect fit with Seguin and Krejci I think. Others have mentioned it before, it's similar to the Lucic - Savard - Kessel line which was so dangerous.

Hopefully all the walking dead are back in the lineup for sure though: Marchand, Paille and Thornton.

Regina

Apr 11, 2004
Regina
www.corrine.ca
Good read.

CHRISTOPHER L. GASPER
It’s time for the NHL to stop the fights

If you stop and think about it , really think about it ; the time indeed has come to start stopping the fighting in hockey . Of course it would have to start at the lower level and work its way up so as to embarras the NHL .

And although fighting occurs in all other major league sports , it does come with an automatic eviction from the game .

Is that such a bad thing ?

Fighting in hockey proves its unworthiness each and every year the SC playoffs roll around . Thats a cold hard fact and one the league should look at because its not the players making the choice to fight in regular season hockey . Its the owners-coaches
of the league . Education has to start with them I suppose .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad