Pre-Game Talk: Game 10 - 7:40 PM - Bruins vs. Maple Waffles - ESPN+, HULU, SNO, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Have at it ladies and gents

"Boston Bruins General Manager Don Sweeney announced today, November 1, the following roster transactions:

The team has placed defenseman Matt Grzelcyk on long-term injured reserve; placed forward Jakub Lauko on injured reserve; recalled defensemen Mason Lohrei, Ian Mitchell and Parker Wotherspoon from Providence. "

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
I wonder what the pairings will be.

Lindholm Carlo probably stay together.

But will they try to balance out the remainder, especially road games with last change. They might split up Forbort and Shattenkirk.

Maybe Lohrei Shattenkirk.
Forbort Mitchell/Parker

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
9 games into the season and the Bs have scored 3 or more goals in EVERY game. That's pretty damn impressive for a team that lost so much in the offseason. The crazy diff of last season might not be there, but being able to consistently score 3+ goals is not exactly peanuts. Score 3 goals consistently with the Bs goalie tandem backing them up, that's a recipe for a ton of wins.

Bs goalies/PK/D have limited opposing teams to 2 or less goals 8 of the 9 games. Also impressive. I get that the schedule becomes tougher, however so far the Bs are very much knocking this season out of the park.

The Leafs and Bs are essentially even in goals scored. Leafs have given up twice as many goals as the Bs. Interesting that the Leafs have already lost to the Preds, the Kings, the Blackhawks, and the Panthers, teams that the Bs beat.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto

But will they try to balance out the remainder, especially road games with last change. They might split up Forbort and Shattenkirk.

Forbort Mitchell/Parker
Yeah, that seems right. I think Wotherspoon is the 7th D.

Lindholm-Carlo
Lohrei-Shattenkirk
Forbort-Mitchell

How has Lowrider been doing in Prov? I see he has 4 assists on 8 games, or something like that? How's his D zone game been?

Reactions: hrdpuk

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

Forbort Mitchell/Parker
I question if they'll split up Lindholm and Carlo...Lohrei played mostly with Carlo in preseason, so I could see him there.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
I don't know but if Wotherspoon is more defensiveley responsible than Mitchell (not sure that he is?) I'd go with him on the 3rd pair against the leafs who like to play an attack game and I think the Lohrei-Shattenkirk should get way more offensive end starts vs defensive end ....that pairing could be a liability in our zone but a boon in the O zone

Lindholm-Carlo
Lohrei-Shattenkirk
Forbort-Wotherspoon

Reactions: Gordoff and hrdpuk

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Good luck to all the callups, this is your chance to make your mark, make the best of it.

Gonna be a heavy workload for Carlo and Lindholm I imagine .

The Bruins did very well without Mac and Grizz early last season. Here's hoping they can repeat .

Hmm this game not on Canadian tv?
I'm in the DR right now. SN won't load games outside Canada. Won't even show me the schedule.

Last edited:

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Pretty wild how fast our d-corps went from one of the best in the league to barely an NHL group overnight lol. Excited to see Lorhei-Carlo, that could be a great pairing.

Who do we think get's McAvoy's A while he's out? I'd figured either the other Charlie or Carlo must be the next guy up.

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad