GDT: Game #10 - 10.31.14 - vs Anaheim - 7:30 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Uncle Hulka

Aug 1, 2014
I think Ruff was outcoached heavily tonight as well. Still a fan of him overall but he's gotta realize the way they're playing right now is very predictable.

I dunno. He's got a roster built on speed and he's trying to utilize it. Clearly, didn't work tonight, though. Were there any breakaways?

edit: I guess if you don't have the hands to cradle long passes, then then the strategy might not be so effective. And it doesn't help if your D can't outlet properly.

edit part deux: I kinda helped your argument there, the more I think about it. Trying to make chicken salad out of chicken **** might not be the best stratagem. Do great coaches work with what they have, or do great Gm's give the coach what he needs to succeed?

Last edited:

Uncle Hulka

Aug 1, 2014
If Lindback is set to start tomorrow, there's no point in watching.

Can't they just sign some enormous, Vince Wilfork, sumo-like fat slob to just sit there, immoblile, but cover the net? Tall, is clearly not sufficient. And it's not like there would be a discernible difference in agility. Send scouts to Samoa already.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
I'm not going to harp on arguably the worst period I've seen this version of the Stars play in the last year.

Bright points:

Oleksiak is looking better despite the penalty. Yay!

Is Roussel really a 40 point guy? He's over a quarter of the way to his goal total and we're 10% of the season done.

Daley is actually going to break his career point totals if he stays healthy. Good for him.

Uncle Hulka

Aug 1, 2014
I'm not going to harp on arguably the worst period I've seen this version of the Stars play in the last year.

Bright points:

Oleksiak is looking better despite the penalty. Yay!

Is Roussel really a 40 point guy? He's over a quarter of the way to his goal total and we're 10% of the season done.

Daley is actually going to break his career point totals if he stays healthy. Good for him.

What, positive outlook? No, we don't get that here.

KiedisA

Feb 27, 2010
Hmm an hour after the game this feels very much like we won a point.. Seguin and Hemsky had them on the ropes but couldn't convert this into a full two.

Everybody was a little off tonight, not many with fresh legs.. Hopefully tomorrow the lads are back into it because St Paul is a tough building to go specially B2B. Time to put on a performance, Anders..

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
Anders Dickbutt in the net tomorrow...looks like we will follow up getting a loser point with just losing...

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Look on the bright side:

This was the worst that the team has performed under Lindy Ruff, and we still got a point.

Uncle Hulka

Aug 1, 2014
I'm really wondering if that Hemsky contract is worth it. I just wondering if he will ever score.

I wonder what he's like in practice? Maybe he's lazy or just a dick and pisses Ruff off. Or maybe he just needs to be paired with talented players to produce. He's shown sparks. It's not like he's been a complete stiff.

MetalGodAOD*

I wonder what he's like in practice? Maybe he's lazy or just a dick and pisses Ruff off. Or maybe he just needs to be paired with talented players to produce. He's shown sparks. It's not like he's been a complete stiff.

Considering Ruff made great attempts to move him up the lineup tonight (with no results), I doubt Ruff is upset with him.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Pretty horrible effort last night from the team as a whole. So many turnovers that I can't even trust what the box score says at the end. We only had 14 turnovers last night? BS. More like 30+.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad