GDT: Game 1 Toronto at the Blue Jackets 10/4/19

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Was tempted to make the 5 hr drive to go to this game, thought there'd be no way tickets would be available.....guess there are some?
Hope they sell out the home opener - especially after making the 2nd round last season.

In any event, I'll be watching with great anticipation on how the new guys fit in - and how Korpisalo does.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Hott Scarrington over Kukan and Gavrikov is classic Torts. Don't mind the Milano scratch, but he needs to get in the lineup within a few games.

Toronto has their game legs and a day off. The Jackets haven't played in over a week and it was preseason at that. Could be a rough night.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Go Jackets.

Got a bad feeling about this one. Toronto's depth down the middle is insane. Doesn't matter though, excited to see the kids, and hockey is back!

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I must admit Toronto looked impressive in their opener, although that was against the worst team in the league.

Interested to see how we do against top 3 offenses

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Well our defense and goal tending are going to get a good test the first couple of games.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Interested to see how we do against top 3 offenses

If the past is any indication I would say not all that well, but it might do well enough to get us a win. We only go through stretches of great defensive play.

I'm more interested in seeing things on the offensive side. We're probably going to give up more goals than last season, let's hope the offense finds a way to put the puck in the net at a steady pace.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Well stopped in to say "Go Jackets". No idea how we are going to do this season, hoping for the best.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'm guessing Harrington over Kukan because of penalty killing. Kukan isn't needed or good enough for special teams duty, and Harrington is able to play PK.

No idea why Harrington over Gavrikov. Must be a trust thing.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
I'm guessing Harrington over Kukan because of penalty killing. Kukan isn't needed or good enough for special teams duty, and Harrington is able to play PK.

No idea why Harrington over Gavrikov. Must be a trust thing.
per my wife, he’s playing cause he’s hot.......

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Harrington in the lineup is fine I suppose, all three of those D will play games.

But also from Hedger: "Torts said he didn’t anticipate Harrington being in the top six to start camp, but said he earned the right to play tonight by winning that spot on the third pairing." In what world did Harrington have a better camp? He was easily the worst in the pre-season games. Maybe something happened in practice?

Reactions: MoeBartoli

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
Harrington in the lineup is fine I suppose, all three of those D will play games.

But also from Hedger: "Torts said he didn’t anticipate Harrington being in the top six to start camp, but said he earned the right to play tonight by winning that spot on the third pairing." In what world did Harrington have a better camp? He was easily the worst in the pre-season games. Maybe something happened in practice?
Man I don't know, I wasn't overly impressed with Gavrikov in the preseason games. He's the type of guy that the less you notice him, the better he's doing, and it felt like I was noticing him a little too often. Kukan I thought was definitely better than Harrington but Kukan-Nutivaara is probably too one-dimensional to be viable.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Man I don't know, I wasn't overly impressed with Gavrikov in the preseason games. He's the type of guy that the less you notice him, the better he's doing, and it felt like I was noticing him a little too often. Kukan I thought was definitely better than Harrington but Kukan-Nutivaara is probably too one-dimensional to be viable.
I wouldn't call it one-dimensional per se, but there's definitely a problematic amount of skillset overlap.

Reactions: The Wheelchair

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Sitting here in the stands ready for puck drop.

May the season be better than all of our expectations (even the most optimistic ones), the debates be good, and lots of celebration from our board.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Feels good to be posting again after the long offseason. Win or lose its game 1 I'm just happy the season is back. Dont even care about the amount of bitching that is 100% about to start 5 to 10min into the game YOU CANT RUIN THIS FOR ME!!

Damn glad to see ya ladies and gents

Reactions: Monk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad