Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1694315175526.png

PATRIOTS: Game Release (PDF) | Roster | Depth Chart | Stats | Watch Games
EAGLES: Roster | Depth Chart | Stats |
The New England Patriots will open the 2023 season at home and against the defending NFC Champion Philadelphia Eagles. The Patriots have opened the season against the defending conference champions four times: Miami Dolphins (1974), Pittsburgh Steelers (1979), Buffalo Bills (1993) and Denver Broncos (1998). All four were AFC Champions. The Dolphins, Steelers and Broncos were each Super Bowl Champions. The Patriots are 1-3 in those games. Philadelphia will be the first defending NFC Champion they have faced on opening day.
In addition, the Patriots will open the year against an NFC opponent for the sixth time in team history and for the first time since the 2016 season when they opened with a 23-21 win at Arizona on Sept. 11. The Patriots are 2-3 in those games.

PATRIOTS TO HONOR TOM BRADY​

For two decades, Patriots fans were privileged to watch Tom Brady break every passing record in franchise history and deliver 16 division titles, nine conference championships and six Super Bowl victories to New England. After Brady announced his retirement on February 1, Patriots chairman and CEO Robert Kraft invited him to return to Gillette Stadium for the 2023 season opener to give Patriots fans an opportunity to more appropriately thank him for his many accomplishments during his career. Fans will have that opportunity when Brady addresses the crowd during a halftime ceremony at Sunday's season opener against the Philadelphia Eagles. The halftime festivities will also be streamed live on Patriots.com and the Patriots official social accounts on Facebook, X and YouTube.

SERIES HISTORY​

The Patriots and Eagles will meet in the regular season for the first time since 2019, when New England traveled to Philadelphia on Nov. 17 and pulled out a 17-10 victory at Lincoln Financial Field. The Eagles will make their first visit to Gillette Stadium since a 35-28 win against the Patriots on Dec. 6, 2015.

Philadelphia leads the all-time series, 7-6, in the regular season. The two teams played against each other in two Super Bowls, with each team earning a win. The Patriots are 3-2 in home games against the Eagles, including 1-1 at Gillette Stadium.

TELEVISION: This week's game will be broadcast by CBS and can be seen locally on WBZ-TV Channel 4. Jim Nantz will handle play-by-play duties with Tony Romo as the color analyst. Tracy Wolfson will report from the sidelines. The game will be produced by Jim Rikhoff and directed by Mike Arnold.

NATIONAL RADIO: This week's game will be broadcast to a national audience by ESPN Radio. Steve Levy will call the game with Sal Paolantonio providing analysis.

LOCAL RADIO: 98.5 The Sports Hub is the flagship station for the Patriots Radio Network. A complete listing of the network's 33 stations can be found here. Play-by-play broadcaster Bob Socci will call the action along with former Patriots quarterback Scott Zolak, who will provide color analysis. The games are produced by Marc Cappello.

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

How to watch Tom Brady’s return to New England​

The only place where the ceremony will be available live and in its entirety is a live stream on Patriots.com.

Ch. 4, which has the television broadcast of the 4:25 p.m. game, had been hoping to show the Brady tribute in full and had put in a request with CBS in New York to do so, but it could not be arranged. CBS is expected to show highlights of the event during its national halftime show.

The league does not permit network affiliates to stream live, either, so Ch. 4 also cannot show it as it happens on its website, and it is limited by NFL guidelines to showing no more than 90 seconds of the ceremony on “Patriots 5th Quarter” on sister channel TV38 following the game.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This is the prime dynamic in Foxborough right now

1. Don Shula – 347
2. Bill Belichick – 329
3. George Halas – 324
4. Tom Landry – 270
5. Andy Reid – 269

Belichick can in theory catch Shula next season and he wants that badly.

Bob Kraft will not fire him but if Jonathan takes control :dunno:

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
The Patriots could easily finish last in the division, but there are lots of uncertainties.

Buffalo has been knocking on the door for a handful of seasons now. Do they finally break through? Do they take a step back?

We’ll see what things look like with the Jets. Easy team to root against and hope the whole thing falls apart. Easy comparisons with Rodgers are Manning to the Broncos and Brady to Tampa late in their careers finding success.

Dolphins always feel like a wild card. Who knows with Tua? I do like McDaniel.

Patriots on paper look like a 6 win team, but even post-Brady, they find ways to stay in games (usually) so 8-9 or 9-8 wouldn’t shock me.

Does 8 wins earn Bill another year?

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I’m more excited for NFL Sundays than I am the Patriots season, but I’m an addict so will watch.

I’m not an addict, maybe, that’s a lie.

Reactions: hrdpuk

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
i have a hockey game right at when half time will probably start. i’m expecting to get off the ice to a 35-10 eagles lead .

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I used to be the most sentimental fan when it came to individual players.

Bledsoe was my binky as a kid. I was heartbroken with how it ended for him with the Patriots and followed his career closely in Buffalo and Dallas.

Same with Pedro Martinez when they let him walk.

I was not happy with how the Brady situation ended in New England and was thrilled when he won it with the Bucs.

Now, I just find myself not caring. Not going to watch the ceremony at halftime today. And I don’t really feel overly sentimental about Bergeron retiring either.

Perhaps old age is hardening my heart.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
My Xfinity stream being down on both my app and laptop really f***ing blows. Apparently it's happened to everyone.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I'll be happy if they can keep it within two scores and the offense scores 20+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad