GDT: Game 1 | Ottawa @ Montreal | 7:00pm, Wed April 15 | CBC | This time, it's personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario

nM7itrv.png
wzqHMVX.png

AUJS3gh.png
vW4ViFD.png

5u9sAHV.png
xQzUuH6.png

fGwkeZ2.png
N05OV3j.png

5UyKFWP.png
9DOQell.png

Video time. Get fired up.
[collapse=Video]

[/collapse]

Just win, baby.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
^I hope we get to see Cowen in for wiercioch sooner than later. I just don't see cowen being a liability against mtl.
We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
^I hope we get to see Cowen in for wiercioch sooner than later. I just don't see cowen being a liability against mtl.
We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

In seven career games against montreal Wier has 5 points

he played one playoff game but was injured 2 mins in

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
In seven career games against montreal Wier has 5 points

he played one playoff game but was injured 2 mins in

ok, that's good. guess it depends on which way you want to go with them. Intimidation(cowen) or cool, sneaky pts (wier)

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The biggest X factor in this series will be the refs. If we're allowed to play our game and be physical, we have a good chance of winning this thing. If the refs decide to have a Bruins-esque crackdown (like last years playoffs against Boston), then we may be in trouble.

Berserker*

It sounds like Neil is going to be a health scratch for game 1. Personally I am not convinced that this is the correct strategy/ Neil brings so much needed physicality and energy to the lineup and his style of play if perfect for the playoffs. He was also a key player the last playoff series against the Habs and my guess is that he becomes a key player again when inserted back into the lineup.

I would be interested in hearing Cameron's rationale on this decision. Certainly with the amount of games Neil has missed, it might take him a while to get back up to speed in which case there is strong merit for this decision. If it is based off of our winning streak then it is starting to enter the territory of purely superstitious thinking. Even throughout the winning/point streak the sens have struggled to play with enough energy throughout the full 60 minutes in games and have also struggled to regain momentum when it is lost. They have relied to heavily on the superb play of Hammond to keep them in games and on a few players (primarily Stone, but also Turris, Karlsson and Pageau) to provide clutch offensive performances to help get them to OT or win them games. Overall our 4th line has been pretty mediocre throughout that stretch and as a result it would make sense to try to improve that aspect going into the playoffs. On top of that inserting Neil would help us to gain an advantage physically over the Habs which is most likely our best chance to try to win this series. By relying on our speed rather than our physicality we are playing to Montreal's strength. This appears to be detrimental from a strategic standpoint.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
It sounds like Neil is going to be a health scratch for game 1. Personally I am not convinced that this is the correct strategy/ Neil brings so much needed physicality and energy to the lineup and his style of play if perfect for the playoffs. He was also a key player the last playoff series against the Habs and my guess is that he becomes a key player again when inserted back into the lineup.

I would be interested in hearing Cameron's rationale on this decision. Certainly with the amount of games Neil has missed, it might take him a while to get back up to speed in which case there is strong merit for this decision. If it is based off of our winning streak then it is starting to enter the territory of purely superstitious thinking. Even throughout the winning/point streak the sens have struggled to play with enough energy throughout the full 60 minutes in games and have also struggled to regain momentum when it is lost. They have relied to heavily on the superb play of Hammond to keep them in games and on a few players (primarily Stone, but also Turris, Karlsson and Pageau) to provide clutch offensive performances to help get them to OT or win them games. Overall our 4th line has been pretty mediocre throughout that stretch and as a result it would make sense to try to improve that aspect going into the playoffs. On top of that inserting Neil would help us to gain an advantage physically over the Habs which is most likely our best chance to try to win this series. By relying on our speed rather than our physicality we are playing to Montreal's strength. This appears to be detrimental from a strategic standpoint.

The rationale for this is our last 30 games.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Can't help picking the scab off that 2013 wound. Too bad they got rid of player 61...wonder which of their D will tee up Eller this time. Go Sens Go!

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
I hadn't noticed before now, but it is wild how inexperienced the defense groups are for both teams:

Methot - 14 games
Wiercioch - 1 game
Ceci - 0 games
Borowiecki - 0 games
Gryba - 4 games

Emelin - 15 games
Petry - 0 games
Beaulieu - 7 games
Gilbert - 5 games

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008

The only player he'd draw in over (imo) would be Chiasson.
I wouldn't mind giving that a try, but I don't see it necessarily as a make or break.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Hammond's Wednesday game stats:

3-0-0, 1.0 GAA, .971 SV% (1 shut-out)

He's never lost on a Wednesday.. let that sink in for a second.

Price's Wednesday stats for comparison:

2-2-0, 2.29 GAA, .918 SV% (0 shut-outs)

Add in how stellar his away games are, and I don't know how any reasonable person can come to the conclusion that the Canadiens will win tomorrow.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

Ottawa has one of the best scoring chance plus minuses in the league under Cameron. Hammond no doubt as been superb but ottawa's offense has been just as deadly.

The forth line has the luxury of having 27 goal scorer Mike hoffman on it. Legwand and Chiasson both put up 3rd line numbers for this season.

We are already pretty damn big on the right side with 6'4 chiasson, 6'3 Ryan and 6'2 Stone. Lazar is the choice to come out but hes been one of ottawa's most physical forwards. I see zero advantage to putting Neil in until the series starts gets rough.

Cameron has played to this team's strengths. Sadly Neil and Phillips cant keep up with what the rest of the team.

GreatStateofHockey

Oct 2, 2011
So will Michalek definitely slot in on the Zib-Ryan line? That line needed a hard nosed go to the net kind of guy so hopefully he will.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
I'm glad Gonchar isn't suiting up for Habs...he played so well for Sens when he was here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad