GDT: Game 1 | Ottawa @ Montreal | 7:00pm, Wed April 15 | CBC | Part two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
The Subban thing was a two handed chop across the wrists of a player.

It was reckless, stupid. It should not be 2 minutes just because Subban intended to hit Stone in the stick and accidentally hit him in a soft spot.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
lol, announcers still trying to downplay PK's slash. There's no justification for it. He deserves a suspension.

If our guys can take a 3 game suspension for a LEGAL hit, then PK can sit out a few games for an obvious 2-hander

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
He wont be suspended but 5mins was the right call based on stone's reaction. Stone has had hand issues in the past too.

After getting away with a butt end and high stick .... 5 mins is fine. Need to tell montreal they cant play dirty

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I will actually say that PK has a right to be upset for being thrown out. 5 minute penalty? Sure. Game? No.

Kerry Fraser
‏@kfraserthecall
Rule 61 Slashing: when an injury occurs, a major penalty MUST be assessed. Game Misconduct automatic!

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Definitely a slash, not sure about the 5 plus game

Subban should also have received a high sticking penalty and Eller should have been penalized for his butt end on Zibby. The refs are setting this series up to be a blood letting!

SlyDawg

Feb 12, 2015
Nepean, ON
Kerry Fraser
‏@kfraserthecall
Rule 61 Slashing: when an injury occurs, a major penalty MUST be assessed. Game Misconduct automatic!

Well clears that up. Good riddance to a guy who did nothing but try to slash another player and got caught by hitting the player in a sensitive area.

Sit down and enjoy the show without you in there. Rot. (Yes, still very angry about that slash)

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I will actually say that PK has a right to be upset for being thrown out. 5 minute penalty? Sure. Game? No.

I think it was justified because he was swinging his stick around carelessly and smashed Pageau in the face but got lucky no damage. Then again swinging his stick around two handed and smashed Stone's arm.
If the ref kept letting it go, what's next? Someone's ankles or knees with a two handed chop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad