GDT: Game 1 // Oilers @ Devils // Oct 6 @ 11 AM MST // TV: SNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Eight of the first ten games are against playoff teams and four are against SC finalist/winners. Brutal schedule start... we need to battle for every win. To get out of Oct with .500 record is a victory.

I agree, I look at that schedule and think the most wins you could realistically hope they would win is 7 of 11, but it's much more likely they win 5 or even 4. If they go into November at .500 that's pretty decent given their opponents in October.

November isn't an easy month either with road games in Tampa and Washington and a California road trip. If they're a couple games over .500 going into December that's not bad either. The second half of the schedule is definitely more favourable for the Oilers.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Oilers to do list:
  • Best line-up we can go with. Drai and Yamma need to find magic. Their line needs to stay away from NJ's speed line. Hall will expose Lucic's skating.
  • Coaching stuff should try to match our lines up 1 for 1, 2 for 2, etc. Our 1st line out McDavid's theirs. Our 2nd line pushes their around and our 3rd line will completely obliterate theirs if they can do 4/5 of what they were doing in the pre-season.
  • Klefbom needs to get back to shooting often. 2 seasons ago we had an incredibly high win % when Klefbom got 5 shots or more off in a night and on the nights that we won he usually pulled that off. We won a ton of games when Klefbom got 5 shots off and didn't even register any points. He needs to shoot from the point more often so that our offense is less predictable so that our forwards can more easily deal with the pressure in the offensive zone that will lead to us tiring out the opposition.
  • While I'm at it, Bouchard needs to shoot too. If he wants ANY CHANCE WHATSOEVER OF STICKING he needs to shoot. If there's a good pass for him to make of course make it, but we need to see that shot. We need to see that he can think at a high enough pace at this point in his career if he even wants a 30% chance of making it past 9 games. We need it bad. D-men need to shoot.
  • We need to see a new and improved Nurse AND Benning if they're taking defensive zone starts against that Hall line.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home

That actually looked like they were having a lot of fun. I wonder if you could bottle that and sell it at Oilers games if that would help improve the limp atmosphere. If the Oilers are losing it's a morgue in there sometimes which is different from the 90's when even if the Oilers weren't great the building still had some energy. Maybe fans attending games can be inspired by what they see on TV from the German/Swedish fans.

Reactions: thadd

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
That actually looked like they were having a lot of fun. I wonder if you could bottle that and sell it at Oilers games if that would help improve the limp atmosphere. If the Oilers are losing it's a morgue in there sometimes which is different from the 90's when even if the Oilers weren't great the building still had some energy. Maybe fans attending games can be inspired by what they see on TV from the German/Swedish fans.

hmmm u know u aren't even allowed to lean forward at Oiler games right ?

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

Ushers would shut that down instantly, ahahaha.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
q2Upq3U.gif

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Oh, Oilers finally get to play a regular season game? Nice.

4 days to stew and watch the rest of the league pull further away if they lose this one. Better bring it.

Reactions: McDrai

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Excited for some hockey and meaningful games. Time to put last season behind us and move forward. The boys looked determined in the preseason so let's hope that carries into the regular season, starting with today's game.

Just bought my tickets for Oilers VS Red wings in Detroit in November so I'm going in with optimism this year, also knowing that the team needs to put in effort each and every game for a full 60+ minutes. Hopefully they realize that now as well.

Go Oilers Go!

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Will Bouchard probably get 1st PP time today?

Unleash the secret PP they have been hiding in pre-season (and according to Rishaug, practice)!

Or...just keep doing the Woodcroft PP from last year...

On a Woodcroft note, Bakersfield scored 4 PP goals last night, lol.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Unleash the secret PP they have been hiding in pre-season (and according to Rishaug, practice)!

Or...just keep doing the Woodcroft PP from last year...

On a Woodcroft note, Bakersfield scored 4 PP goals last night, lol.

And scored a shorty or two. If his PP continues to be very good then maybe Todd was the one screwing the pooch on the PP?

Reactions: PulYou

JSlick

Oct 17, 2016
Edmonton
Finally some hockey. It's been a long ass offseason. Haven't been on HFBoards for a while since the website changed a year ago since it was running a bit slow for me for whatever reason and I preferred the old layout. I forgot there's a like system now too. That's pretty cool I guess.

edit: this is my 1000th message? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad