GDT: Game 1 // Oilers @ Devils // Oct 6 @ 11 AM MST // TV: SNET. Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

King1s

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton
edmonton-oilers-general-manager-peter-chiarelli-talks-to-the.jpeg

As long as we don't cut the head of the snake, we will be shit. I guess we are not allowed to have a negative opinion of our gm so I will most likely be thread banned. Enjoy the rest of the chiaturd product.

Reactions: thadd and Soundwave

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
I was psyched for this season until I watched the CBJ-CAR game last night. I thought: "The Oilers haven't played half as good as either of these teams all last year or in the preseason". That same tenacious, practiced, coordinated style is what NJ has right now. Our team appears to have all just met one another last week. No idea how this can even happen on opening night.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Went for another beer after the 3rd Devils goal, no more beer at the arena!! Ugh.. I mean.. :skeptic:

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

Are these numbers right from Matty? I kind of checked out mentally watching that second.

The team is not great for sure, but with proper coaching and systems, they shouldn't be anywhere near this bad. Lemaire make a rag tag group full of nobodies look like they all had a job and knew where they are supposed to be going. Coaching matters. This whole group looks lost in almost every situation out on the ice. Every set play we have is easily countered because it's the same garbage we did last year. The stupid play up the boards to a stationary winger. That was a failed plan from day 1 last season, but we just keep doing it.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
First game of the season and I've got that massive deflated "why even continue watching?" feeling that the Oilers have been bringing out for as long as I can remember. Stinker after stinker after stinker for 13 years...

This organization needs a coaching and GM change, now, not later. Not after it's too late. The McDavid era needs a reboot, while that's still possible, and may still save the McDavid era. This is not a revelation after a very poor first 40 minutes of this season, it's the logical conclusion from 82 games last season, now getting silly for how it's being prolonged. Ruining this season with more bad starts (in games and season) is just kicking that dead horse now.

Make it stop please. Players don't respond to Todd, it doesn't matter what kind of hockey minds he has helping him out. And Chia has done nothing but brick this organization into a corner. Chia will never take the Oilers anywhere with his management, the organization can only hope to achieve things despite him.

I'm not angry, I'm just... tired.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The Devils are working OUR transition game. We kept hearing about D moving the puck quickly. you mean what the Devils do effortlessly BECAUSE they have the personnel to do it.

Is there one Oilers D that has impressed today or looked capable of executing a quick breakout game?

It starts from there. The Devils full court press starts with out inability to transition the puck.

This is not your dads Devils team. This is an entertaining Devils side with a work ethic that is beauty to watch.

Pace galore, that's the Devils, it isn't us.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
at least we're playing so bad that it just can't be real. Even the worst teams of all time don't get like 1 shot in a period.

Also, Talbot is keeping the team in it, which bodes well. If the team somehow starts caring in the third it's not a 4 goal deficit to make up, even though it should be.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
haha f*** no playoffs again this year.
Connor is gonna do great.
But the team will be too heavy for him to do anything with.

f*** this team.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The Devils are working OUR transition game. We kept hearing about D moving the puck quickly. you mean what the Devils do effortlessly BECAUSE they have the personnel to do it.

Is there one Oilers D that has impressed today or looked capable of executing a quick breakout game?

It starts from there. The Devils full court press starts with out inability to transition the puck.

This is not your dads Devils team. This is an entertaining Devils side with a work ethic that is beauty to watch.

Pace galore, that's the Devils, it isn't us.
still, it's not like the Devils are a top contender. We should be better for sure

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Crappy Oilers
Salt with the Hall feature
And... wait for it

A preview of Tavares feature. Got to get those Leads in.

FML

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
First game of the season and I've got that massive deflated "why even continue watching?" feeling that the Oilers have been bringing out for as long as I can remember. Stinker after stinker after stinker for 13 years...

This organization needs a coaching and GM change, now, not later. Not after it's too late. The McDavid era needs a reboot, while that's still possible, and may still save the McDavid era. This is not a revelation after a very poor first 40 minutes of this season, it's the logical conclusion from 82 games last season, now getting silly for how it's being prolonged. Ruining this season with more bad starts (in games and season) is just kicking that dead horse now.

Make it stop please. Players don't respond to Todd, it doesn't matter what kind of hockey minds he has helping him out. And Chia has done nothing but brick this organization into a corner. Chia will never take the Oilers anywhere with his management, the organization can only hope to achieve things despite him.

I'm not angry, I'm just... tired.

With the on ice play its never evident we have coaching. Coaching doesn't really seem to exist here.

Its like watching Team Canada circa 70's try to execute some lame game plan that opponents figured out decades ago. Every game we expect our star players to beat not only the opponent but our own *systems*.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad