GDT: Game #1 - Minnesota Wild @ Anaheim Ducks - 9 PM CT - HULU, KFAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Felt like the Wild controlled the play for the most part in this one, a couple of literal slip-ups made it close and Stolarz was extremely good.
Yup, that a pretty good assessment. Happy to see Fiala pot 1 already, I hope dude gets paid next year (hopefully by the Wild)

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Really liked Duhaime and Gaudreau. Zuccarello and Rask were pretty bad tonight. Kap wasn't at his best either.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Really liked Duhaime and Gaudreau. Zuccarello and Rask were pretty bad tonight. Kap wasn't at his best either.

I will be reserved on my opinion on Gaudreau to see if he can more than just good. We need someone REALLY good to match Fiala's level and to do it consistently but you know what, he had a great first impression.

Duhaime on the hand, I always had have high hopes. Wild is always going to be a team that relies its success on its lower lines to be a pain in the ass and Duhaime fits the bill in the modern NHL. Fast, good size, forechecks hard for the puck, keeps the opponents always on their toes by really digging for every battle. Love it!

Reactions: Lapa

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Seems like a good result for our first game. Especially since we were playing against someone who already played and should already have regular season intensity.

Sidenote, its stupid how often Kings/Ducks get to play teams on back to backs. Must make up 25% of their schedule.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
I’d like to see Fiala given a chance with Foligno or Duhaime. Someone that can provide him literally any aspect of the game to work with.

I don’t understand the need to recreate what was the GREEF line when the best piece of that is on another line. They have bottom 6 responsible players in spades on this roster, at least try to put your second best goal scoring threat in a position to succeed.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I’d like to see Fiala given a chance with Foligno or Duhaime. Someone that can provide him literally any aspect of the game to work with.

I don’t understand the need to recreate what was the GREEF line when the best piece of that is on another line. They have bottom 6 responsible players in spades on this roster, at least try to put your second best goal scoring threat in a position to succeed.
Kind of a weird game to watch and have such a strong opinion, Fiala was the recipient of 4-5 grade A chances that he whiffed on and lines were basically a blender from special teams all game so he played with everyone.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I will be reserved on my opinion on Gaudreau to see if he can more than just good. We need someone REALLY good to match Fiala's level and to do it consistently but you know what, he had a great first impression.

Duhaime on the hand, I always had have high hopes. Wild is always going to be a team that relies its success on its lower lines to be a pain in the ass and Duhaime fits the bill in the modern NHL. Fast, good size, forechecks hard for the puck, keeps the opponents always on their toes by really digging for every battle. Love it!
I am kind of shocked by how good he looks. He didn't look this good down in the AHL. Just goes to show that this prospect business is more art than science. Dominating at one level doesn't necessarily mean that you will succeed at the next, and vice versa....not that Duhaime is dominating. Just looks like he belongs. Didn't think he had the speed or jump for the NHL. I can see Hartman and Foligno mentoring him, and teaching him how to, and how not to, be physical in the NHL. It's still early. We'll see if he can become a NHL regular, or if he is another Brett Bulmer.

I wonder how Chaffee would look? I thought he was a similar player to Duhaime. Good size and speed. A bit less grit, a bit more skill.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad