Greg Pateryn - Kevin Shattenkirk

John Gibson
Anthony Stolarz

Last edited:
Reactions: 57special and TaLoN

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I follow this team extremely closely and I didn't even find out until this week this game is only going to be on ESPN+/HULU or whatever. Thankfully I'm already subscribed to ESPN+ but I feel like there are going to be a lot of angry fans tuning in at 9 without being able to watch this one.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I follow this team extremely closely and I didn't even find out until this week this game is only going to be on ESPN+/HULU or whatever. Thankfully I'm already subscribed to ESPN+ but I feel like there are going to be a lot of angry fans tuning in at 9 without being able to watch this one.
most of the fans will still be angry from last year as they cant watch anyway through bally sports issues. FB was constantly people saying they couldnt watch.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Terrible mistake for the opening game - not that the Wild had any say in it. You're right - it's not going to be one of those things where people see it on ESPN+ and subscribe. They'll have no idea until it's already 9PM, and then they'll go do something better on Friday night.

Sure it's just one game, but it's pretty dumb to have it be exclusively on those two.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
Terrible mistake for the opening game - not that the Wild had any say in it. You're right - it's not going to be one of those things where people see it on ESPN+ and subscribe. They'll have no idea until it's already 9PM, and then they'll go do something better on Friday night.

Sure it's just one game, but it's pretty dumb to have it be exclusively on those two.

Makes sense, but the majority of people who planned to watch them already know that is the channel it will most likely be on or will find out in short order and make arrangements. The casual fan was missing out on the games being on Bally because of Sinclair or also didn't have NBCSN, so it being on Hulu and ESPN+ isn't that drastic.. If anything you could look at it and say this will give many fans a chance to watch that normally wouldn't because of the issues with Bally really it goes both ways. I just find watching live sports on streaming services to be extremely annoying as personal preference.. I like to be active on twitter and or here and following along, but the stream delays you always get notifications or see things before they happen so its super anti-climactic. 1st world problems I suppose, but live sports and the interaction have been what has kept me from "cutting the cord."

Reactions: The Enemy Within

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN

they have 3 games not televised here this year

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Makes sense, but the majority of people who planned to watch them already know that is the channel it will most likely be on or will find out in short order and make arrangements. The casual fan was missing out on the games being on Bally because of Sinclair or also didn't have NBCSN, so it being on Hulu and ESPN+ isn't that drastic.. If anything you could look at it and say this will give many fans a chance to watch that normally wouldn't because of the issues with Bally really it goes both ways. I just find watching live sports on streaming services to be extremely annoying as personal preference.. I like to be active on twitter and or here and following along, but the stream delays you always get notifications or see things before they happen so its super anti-climactic. 1st world problems I suppose, but live sports and the interaction have been what has kept me from "cutting the cord."
Yeah, good points. The whole Sinclair fiasco sure isn't helping either.

I agree with the streaming part though. I've had way too many goals spoiled by having the live GDT up while I was streaming.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Terrible way to start the season. An opening night should be a big deal, and instead, we have...this.

Oh, and Benn is the 7th D, not Addison.

Last edited:

P10p

May 15, 2012
If I log into my NHL Live tonight and can't watch the game there will be hell to pay lol

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Go Wild!

But yea, I'm with those disappointed at this scheduling.
I am just now realizing I won't be able to watch the game "legitimately"...and I WON'T be subscribing to ESPN+ just because of this.
We pay for enough entertainment in our house as it is...companies are making plenty of money off of us already.

Soooooo, ESPN/NHL...off to the arms of streaming pirates you push me... WTG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad