Game #1 : KINGS vs. WILD - 10/3/13 - Shootout Win!

1dude

Aug 26, 2008
California
Glad we got the win in a sub-par game...wild did play a good game

More importantly, Toffoli in and King out

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
First time the Wild have ever lost a home opener.... HELL YES!

All 3 stars selections were Wild players. HELL LOL!

Yeah, what's up with that. I'm mean that is Anaheim bad ( as in kings shut them out 3-0 and two of the stars are ducks)

Dykstra

whiskey jpeg pgt
May 1, 2010
Unfortunately i wasnt able to watch the game, what are ur first impressions on Frattin?

Koopa I

Nov 22, 2009
Brantford
as a leaf fan coming in peace how did frattin look also i am a fan of brodin and nino as the opposing team how did those players look?

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
What's the matter with all of you Muzzin haters? Did he piss in your cereal bowl? He played well. He's got tons of offensive upside. And did you notice he logged the most PP time?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Nice to rip those points away, especially considering Minny's record in home openers! I think they are going to be a solid team this year. Even in just reading their roster during that opener, that's a solid team from top to bottom. Props to them.

That being said, MAN, do they hate LA or what? :laugh: I love Russo's tears every time the Kings are in town, and their players go down so easy...Considering how amped they appeared for that game, how sloppy we played (stupid penalties), bad luck (kick in goal, post, Carter flubbing the empty net on purpose to give them false hope), I'll take the two and laugh.

Seriously though, even though I don't like the stupid penalties and I certainly don't enjoy being pegged a 'dirty' team, I'm glad guys are getting nasty...BUT...it seemed like just about every time we took the body, it was borderline. I really want this team to impose physically but cleanly like they have in the past, and that's gonna require some penalties sometimes, but yeesh. I know part of that was Minnesota moving the puck super-quickly (which seems to be the blueprint on how to beat the Kings).

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Carcillo MAY replace Clifford

sutter-620x280.jpg

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
What's the matter with all of you Muzzin haters? And did you notice he logged the most PP time?

Did he really? Havn't looked but if he had more pp time than Doughty or Voynov that is some impressively bad coaching

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
Did he really? Havn't looked but if he had more pp time than Doughty or Voynov that is some impressively bad coaching

DD had 27:51 of ice time. We have a back to back. I'm OK with giving DD a breather once in a while.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
The kings started to play better after king was moved off the first line. He made one decent defensive play but mostly got in the way in the offensive zone. King wasn't any better then the 4th liners imo. Clifford had one of his worst games in a long time other then the "fight" not much went right for him but id still play him over king on the 3rd line.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Honestly we were lucky to get two points tonight; we played like crap.

I'm hoping tomorrow in Winnipeg Martinez will play, I was really thinking he solidified the 6th spot. Wouldnt mind seeing Carcillo too, he would bring some much needed energy something I felt that we lacked tonight.

And whats up with Cliffy? He's going bald?.. :(

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
What's the matter with all of you Muzzin haters? Did he piss in your cereal bowl? He played well. He's got tons of offensive upside. And did you notice he logged the most PP time?

I don't have a problem with Muzzin...but if you try and tell me he's better than Martinez, I won't believe you. Simply put, Marty had a rough year but a GREAT camp. Sutter says he hasn't given Alec enough of a shot, despite being amazing during the cup run, and then Alec sits. Jake didn't get a lot of preseason action and Marty looked so good in his. And Jake plays. Does that make any sense?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad