GDT: Game 1: Hawks @ Blues 7:00 PM CDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Miller wanted to be patient and wait for the move but Kane surprised him. The only goal we could blame him for is the first one, but it wouldnt happen with good defense, they left Oduya wide open.

Dude Miller played a great game from the second period on, there's no denying that. But you can't put the fact that he should have stopped that first goal on the defense. Yeah someone missed their assignment, but the shot was easily savable, he had a clear line of sight, and it went straight threw his legs. Despite what the D did or didn't do on that play, he had a favorable view, on a easy save threw the wickets, and he let it get by him, he gets paid millions of dollars to make those types of saves, that goal was on him.

The other two you are totally right, defensive miscues, and breakdowns lead to Miller having no chance at stopping them.

Last edited:

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Well he won 70% of the faceoffs while the rest of our team got dominated in the circle. He played physical, gave Toews a good whack that injured him for a bit. And then the assist.

So yeah, I'd say he played well. If you're expecting him to be a top line forward, you're going to be disappointed. He's only playing there out of necessity really, since we're missing two good top 9 forwards.

I mean, he didn't have a bad game at all. If you're gonna complain about Ott's game last night you're just looking for things to complain about.

The face-offs were nice. I mentioned that in a previous post. Still, that does not justify top line duties. We had the 4th line in there for most of the key OT faceoffs in our zone.

I was serious in my question though, not looking to complain. The board as a whole has been down on Ott. Then one game and suddenly people are wanting him to be on the top line. It was one game where he played a decent yet underwhelming game according to my eyes. I was just curious if I let my disappointment in him affect my judgment or if people were bandwagoning off his nice game-winning assist.

To me he didn't look physical. As I said, I saw Kane, who is not a tough guy, pushing him around. I'm not expecting him to be a top-line forward which is why I am confused by people wanting him there. I'd rather see him on the third line where we can have a good face-off option on every line (Backes, Sobe, Ott, and Lappy are all 50%+). He could agitate there and maybe grind a goal out with Roy and Morrow. But our top line needs top line help with Backes hobbled imo. They didn't look threatening most of the game. Am I wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad