GDT: Game 1: Detroit Red Wings @ Tampa Bay Lightning: Quarter Century Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
You are a fan of soft perimeter shots that have next to no chance in hell of scoring?

Outshooting a team =! being better than the other team. Tampa has been more dangerous and actually capitalizes on their chances.

http://www.naturalstattrick.com/game.php?season=20152016&game=30121

We were kicking their ass until recently, like you said.

We were definitely outplaying them, and we were definitely generating quality chances. Howard let in a real softy, without that, this game would be tied.

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
Shots don't tell the whole story, the Wings have had maybe 4 good scoring chances and 2 ridiculously fluky goals.

He should be packing his bags and going to GR where he can actually get some playoff IT

What game are you watching? Better get rid of your cable.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
You are a fan of soft perimeter shots that have next to no chance in hell of scoring?
Spend more time actually watching the game. Bishop made a number of great saves and we had some point-blank chances ripped wide (Sheahan and Nyquist off the top of my head).

It's baffling that people don't think we've played a good game. Through 2 periods I'd say it was one of our top 5 games of the season. Surprisingly good game from us. 3rd period's been a letdown though.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
We were definitely outplaying them, and we were definitely generating quality chances. Howard let in a real softy, without that, this game would be tied.

I dont feel Wings were outplaying. It may have looked like Wings were outplaying in some areas but except 1st couple minutes, Lightnings have consistently made good decisions and neutralized Wings pressure.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Or maybe I know how to analyze a play without looking at shot totals.

I'm not looking at the shot totals. Shows your judgment.
We've backchecked, skated hard, played with grit and had tons of scoring chances.

If our guys would hit the net once in a blue moon we would score seven goals.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Kronwall and Z on the ice with the game on the line needing a goal. Has BLashill seen them play this season at all?????

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
We're going to 'outplay' them to a 1st round exit if we play like this the entire series.
No one should expect this team to reach the 2nd round. We are an underdog in this round. Maybe injuries to Stamkos and Stralman made people think otherwise, but we are definitely the underdog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad