GDT: Game 1: Detroit Red Wings @ Tampa Bay Lightning: Quarter Century Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Its blatantly obvious which team is better/hungrier. We need a far batter effort from start to finish. Can't win games playing 40 minutes. Didnt work in the regular season and wont work now.

We will win 1 game max all series. Tampa is far and away better, and work harder.

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
I'm watching a hockey game that was tied and TB is lucky to be in. But of course our guys have no finish.

TB isn't even playing well. We did outplay them up until 5 minutes ago and TB got a good tip off of a defensive breakdown.

These refs are also a joke amd gave TB two goals from offsides.

WTF are YOU watching?

I'm watching a game where we are looking at the puck in our own zone and getting beat to in constantly, getting muscled off the puck when we do have it, and waiting for either a PP or a shift by AA to actually get some offense going on.

We have been absolutely brutal for the majority of this game, especially at even strength.

I don't care how Tampa is playing, we are playing worse.

Getting scoring chances off of broken plays does not mean you are playing well.

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
Just looked at Abby's hit on Paquette. Could be grounds for review and possible suspension. Shoulder hits Paquette's head.

I groaned when I saw it. Maybe there will be mitigating cirumstances.

No way. I vehemently disagree.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
At one point in the 2nd period we were outshooting them 2:1. We were clearly the better team through 2 periods.

But of course, we are down 3-2. Obviously means we never played a good shift in this one.

Outshooting a team =! being better than the other team. Tampa has been more dangerous and actually capitalizes on their chances.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
At one point in the 2nd period we were outshooting them 2:1. We were clearly the better team through 2 periods.

But of course, we are down 3-2. Obviously means we never played a good shift in this one.
Shots don't tell the whole story, the Wings have had maybe 4 good scoring chances and 2 ridiculously fluky goals.
Did AA go back to the hotel?

He should be packing his bags and going to GR where he can actually get some playoff IT

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Just came on here to ask why Larkin has been benched?

You see, when you need to score, you want defensively responsible players on the ice, that's why we brought Andersson up and sent down offensively minded Mantha. Because we want to score, by playing defense in our zone.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I'm watching a game where we are looking at the puck in our own zone and getting beat to in constantly, getting muscled off the puck when we do have it, and waiting for either a PP or a shift by AA to actually get some offense going on.

We have been absolutely brutal for the majority of this game, especially at even strength.

I don't care how Tampa is playing, we are playing worse.

Getting scoring chances off of broken plays does not mean you are playing well.

If you think we've been brutal, you don't comprehend the game of hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad